Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

View Poll Results: What do you think about psilocybin (magic mushroom) as a tool?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm supportive

3 75.00%
  • I'm indifferent

1 25.00%
  • I'm against it

0 0%

Question Psilocybin (magic mushrooms). What are your thoughts on it?

There seems to be a lot more press these days about the positive results people are having with psilocybin assisted therapy. I'm curious how people are feeling about it.

Full disclosure: I have been microdosing with my own psilocybin tinctures for some time now and the results have prompted me to find out more about other people's experiences.

It's a natural plant that grows pretty much everywhere, but is still criminalized in many places. This makes access an issue for many, but that seems to be changing quickly as many local governments move to decriminalize it.

Has anyone else had experience with it – good, bad or otherwise? Are people excited about a new tool becoming available?

Quote Originally Posted by Masi View Post
    There seems to be a lot more press these days about the positive results people are having with psilocybin assisted therapy. I'm curious how people are feeling about it.

Full disclosure: I have been microdosing with my own psilocybin tinctures for some time now and the results have prompted me to find out more about other people's experiences.

It's a natural plant that grows pretty much everywhere, but is still criminalized in many places. This makes access an issue for many, but that seems to be changing quickly as many local governments move to decriminalize it.

Has anyone else had experience with it – good, bad or otherwise? Are people excited about a new tool becoming available?
    I’m excited. I haven’t actually done psychedelics but I’m a massive fan of Terence McKenna. I’ve been following what’s going on and there’s so much. I wouldn’t microdose though, I’d go full strength
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    I’m excited. I haven’t actually done psychedelics but I’m a massive fan of Terence McKenna. I’ve been following what’s going on and there’s so much. I wouldn’t microdose though, I’d go full strength
    Ah, interesting. You're adventurous! I haven't tried a full dose experience in many (25?) years, and while I'm curious how it would be at this stage of my life, I'm also a bit hesitant. Age does that to you!

Yes. Not microdosing though. I would expect side effects from residual build up regardless. Not somthing I would recomended. Always a price to pay. All the same, good luck experimenting.

Yeah, I also get I get bottom of the barrel healthcare and have to rely on the clinic which consists of therapy and a med provider from an APRN. She would never approve anything like this.

Good luck though.

Sal it is good to see you, They have good results treating veterans for PSTD with it
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore