Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello everyone............im 55 years old and was just recently (2019) been diagnosed with GAD. I started on Busbar then went to Mirtazapine and then Hydroxyzine and now Lorazepam.
    I first started getting chest pains and what after reading about on the internet seems to be Angina like symtoms.....but after a Heart Catherization, Ultra sound and various other test my Cardiologist
    put me on a beta blocker and sent me home.My family doctor then started to explore the anxiety possibilities. All i know is i still suffer some days to the point that i feel like going to the ER but then if im lucky it dissapears as fast as it came....................and sometimes it wont and will stick around for days. Life right now is miserable because i am scared to go anywhere or plan anything...........some days i have to force myself to go to work.

Quote Originally Posted by the_self_of_all_selves View Post
    Hey there,

Welcome to the forum! Many of us here know exactly what you're going through.

You say that you were prescribed different medications. Were you also offered talking therapy to go with them? Certain types of psychotherapy, such as CBT, are quite effective at treating anxiety.
    I have not had any type of therapy,,,,,,,maybe i should look into it as you suggest
    Thank you for responding!

Hey Roro64 – '67 here, we're close to the same age Sorry to hear about how much you're going through. Sounds tough. I'm new here as well, this is my very first post actually! I used to have trouble getting out of the house as well. Tough when you've gotta pay rent.
    Better these days, but it never feels far away...

Masi

Welcome, Roro64 and Masi!

welcome to the forum Roro
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Welcome to AF, Roro and Masi

Quote Originally Posted by RORO64 View Post
    Hello everyone............im 55 years old and was just recently (2019) been diagnosed with GAD. I started on Busbar then went to Mirtazapine and then Hydroxyzine and now Lorazepam.
    I first started getting chest pains and what after reading about on the internet seems to be Angina like symtoms.....but after a Heart Catherization, Ultra sound and various other test my Cardiologist
    put me on a beta blocker and sent me home.My family doctor then started to explore the anxiety possibilities. All i know is i still suffer some days to the point that i feel like going to the ER but then if im lucky it dissapears as fast as it came....................and sometimes it wont and will stick around for days. Life right now is miserable because i am scared to go anywhere or plan anything...........some days i have to force myself to go to work.
    Hey there

Welcome to AF
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    Hey Kirk
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Hey Kirk
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore