Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponder

I need to relax more ... the shopping center doors unexpectedly closed on me. When I pushed them in the opposite direction, one of them came of the rails. I was surprised because they are pretty big door. Thankful they did not come completely off and that the next morning I saw them working again. They really should not of retracted on me and my reaction was more out of fear than anything else. Seems like all the doors are closing in on me. Grrrrrrrrrr.

That said, I did alright just now heading down town to sign some papers.

Have been having feelings of dread lately and a bit down ... working on it. Going solo can get lonely at times, but that's pretty much life on my side of the fence. Most of my acquaintances are not into the same things as me which makes it hard to connect at a level that is healthier for me. More so being active outdoors. I shall miss my friend. We covered about 80kms on his scooter and my bike going from place to place whilst he was here.

This is the long term Goal for me:

It's confirmed that wattage is not an issues in my state ... but speed is. That said - unlocking the speed on the OX (Not OXO) is relatively easy → LINK Once unlocked, you can limit the speed to 25kph for public roads, and then change it to 45kph for private roads. What I like about this model is that even when set to 25kph, you can go uphills at that speed due to the high wattage motor. 800watts continuous with 1300watts peak. 100km distance rated with 60kg rider @ 25kph under ideal conditions. 90+kg rider with hills has been rated to 50kms distance (My ideal weight it 72kg with 76kg more manageable - currently 96kg) ... but I won't really know until I do my own tests. 50kms is way more than I need and the suspension makes for one of the smoother rides currently available on the market. bla bla bla ... It can also go on dirt, grass and over many other surfaces. Just what I need to go around or cross the road like I do now when seeing other people. ... and when I do want go on by other sidewalk users, I can do so without taking up as much space as my current bicycle.

It's a long way off ... but I can't stop thinking about how awesome and appropriate this transpiration device is going to be for me. Is good to have things to look forward too. Might have to sell my laptop to get the savings rolling ... maybe ... maybe not ... but I will get this and it's going to be a game changer re me spending too much time on my PC.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-10-2020 at 12:39 AM.

In the meantime I best get walking!!! Whilst that scooter can handle up to 120kg/265lbs ... I now have a good incentive to lose a bit of weight.

Well that scooter is quite an ambitious target for me. However, it's good to have an aim once again.

Seems one goal has created another. So many times I have struggled this time around in being unable to tip the scales in my favor. I'll never forget my 30+kg weight loss achievement. This time the target is for 21kg loss. 72 is optimal - but if and when I do it right - yet gain - 75 will be more maintainable. I went up to 106kg before I started having pains in my chest and was unable to get about without a lot of effort. I made it down to 72kg and got carried away many times; hitting 69kg which was too hard for me to sustain. No doubt everyone is different. My weight fluctuates easily if I let myself go. I was several kgs lighter not so long. 86kg just before Xmas.

Oh well ... let's see how many times I can keep the gist of this post repeated. Hopefully long enough to see that ticker slider towards the healthier end.

It's going to be blistering hot outside soon. I best get walking and start getting hard core re the food/drugs.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-10-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Holding course - no weigh ins until a weeks time. unfortunately my wrist has packed it in and I am not even sure how it happened. Strained ligaments over time I am guessing. Just started hurting and got worse slowly until it's now feeling like I have a broken wrist. Is OK ... I am getting used to parts on my body degrading before their time. I'm still typing so it can't be that bad. Just no more riding bike for a while. Nothing else really to say at this time.

My wrist is feeling much better after I used a compression bandage. I think it was my first bout of arthritic pain. It's a bit wet outside and getting dark, but I have lights on my bike so figure I might do some cycling around our block. I felt good the other night using my mini tramp to get the blood pumping. Food wise I can't say I am making any ground, but I am balancing my time off my computer very well and getting enough outdoor exposure each day. I think my first weigh in will not be so good but that's OK ... this week is really about working on my mind set - not giving up.

My daughter is still homeless, now on the run (the lamb) with said parolee. It all makes for great drama. I think the attachment is too hard to break. I have provided all the information by way of text and more detail in an email. I spoke to local crisis case managers and outlined the process for my daughter as to how one can better their chances when it comes to being prioritized. I spent many hours making phone calls and writing it all up. Not much else I can do but keep the info on hand as well as my encouragement. I don't think she is quite ready ... but I feel better that I made an effort to lend support.

My grandson is away on a visitation. Mt wife and I will Skype him the day before he comes home. Is very sad to see him go each time as he always resists with crying and does not want to go. He is non verbal on our Skype calls, whilst actively involved when in our care re skpes calls to his Dad. People say to us that it's our time to relax ... whilst that might be true, we can't help given what we see; worry about him ... at least until he comes back HOME. We have explained that his mum is sick. That she is away trying to get better. He cried for many hours one day just repeating, "why,why,why ..." It was really hard to watch ... but something I knew he just had to go through. I have STILL been bring pieces of furniture in from his old house ... his room ... slowly over time. Sometimes he pines a little more, but not quite as bad. Each time I bring something in I am acutely aware of his reactions and I will set myself down to his level to let him know that we love him dearly and that everything is going to be alright. Sadly his mum just does not get the pain he is going through. She is still fathoming all of her own and not something I judge either way. For now ... we just know he is and will always be ... better off in our care. Both the Mother and Father do not care enough to put the time in re all of our grandsons special needs. The final hearing coming up in about 5 months will take between 3 to 4 days. We will be well prepared.

Sigh ... My own supports ... going well enough. I've struggled a few times to be sure and with everything going on that's fair enough. I've got that defense covered well enough. Thankfully have re-established my space in here ... and I will continue as I have done over the years. People come and go ... but the essence of how and what works for me shall always be the same. Perhaps not the outlook as that's always changing for me ... The essence YES.

So Distractions? I have given the computer simulations games a break of late but thinking of returning to one or two of them. The one's I play keep the mind stimulated and when playing ones I have played for years, the can be rather relaxing. The challenge of learning new games whilst perhaps obsessive at times, can at other times be rewarding making for the perfect distraction with the bonus of learning new skills. Alpha testing can get frustrating ... but also exciting when new patches come out.

I think I will go for that little ride around the block ... once it stops raining.

In the mean time I go mine a few asteroids in star Citizen:

Last edited by Ponder; 01-13-2020 at 12:47 AM.

Most underrated actor I know. Had no idea he passed last year:

To find out how many more passed last year
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCnnVs8jy8o

Definitely getting older ...

One of my favorites of his ... then all his sci-fi flicks as well.

LOL - Now I am off for an earlish morning walk ... God forbid!

Walk Jog walk jog around the sports oval ... nice to see no dog shit or other humans. Went for a casual walk thereafter. Came home and now on the lemon juice.

The scooter mission is accomplished. I managed to pull it off earlier than expected with two separate loans and some family help. I even upgraded my scooter order to the Roles Royce of Off Road Scooters. Instead of one rear 800watt hub electric motor ... I now got Dual Front & Rear 1000 Watt motors. YEAAAA BABY!!! I can now climb up walls. The unit being factory direct means it's higher speed potential is available ... No need to unlock. however I can limit to legal speeds when using on public roads. It comes with a bigger battery which gives me up to a range on 100km on eco mode. I really can't beleive I pulled this intention out of my head and made it a reality. I even got the dealer to throw one of the new fangdangled smart helmets he had in his shop. I think I got such a good deal, because my friend who was also interested, drove to the store I suggested and bought one as well. Two Rolls Royces in one day. Will take a bit over a week to get here as whilst he was in the shop I was 5 hours away online. He just passed me over on the phone once he did the dealing.

Hopefully my head is not too big. haha ... usually is when it comes to hats and helmets. Thankfully this scooter can take much more weight than the introductory scooter that my friend 1st brought up. Although I am aiming to lose weight to light the load, I'll be looking into carrying some gear in a backpack with me. I'll be sticking to mostly outdoors and don't fancy leaving this (even chained up) at bike racks to venture into buildings. It can be folded but weighs a tone compared to lighter models that people take on trains. I'm going to have to up the weight routine if I want to carry this up stairs. There is one place I go to twice a week for appointments that has offered me to put in their shed. I might take them up on their offer as the area does have a lot of thieves and our town is well known for stealing these kind of things. Even if I could carry up their wooden stairs, I think I might fall through taking this beast up. Hmmmm ... Narrr - I get along with that lady quite well. I think the shed it will be. The other place I frequent I will just wheel it inside and fold it down up against a wall - Ill ask first. Other than that ... just happy to take it for the odd spin. Might take the laptop out a bit more to write outdoors. Botanical Gardens in the shade ... that might work .... although that gaming lap top is kind of heavy. I'll save that idea for when I have lost 20kg ... touch wood. Might just use keyboard and Phone on a stand. The point is ... that purchase is to help me get out more ... A LOT MORE. I wont be taking it to the beach. The salt and humidity not good for it at all. I can however ride across open field/floodways and access small reserve areas like I always like to do. I could Head off and take my time investigating new areas I have not previously spent as much time doing. I wonder - if I get a sensor alarm and appropriate large lock - I would settle for parking at one end of a sports oval out of the way but where I do laps right on by the patch of grass I choose ... Instead of laps I could put down orange markers at two ends ... one where I park and then on the other end just running back and forth without lapping. Hmmmmm that would work. Yea ... that's a plan. Narrrrr ... standing in a skaters stance or standing at all regardless of battery powered would not be good afer a work out like that ... not for me. Oh well ... However a smaller kite or if I could work out how to carry the one I have would make for a good activity at a moments notice in an open field. Fishing off the pier right next to my scooter and ultra light chair. Not that I really like to fish - not any more. Maybe I will just watch others instead ... narrr ... just find a quiet place and meditate ... much better idea.

OK - I go and try to sleep. My skin is crawling a little tonight. Not sure why. I have been doing well food wise .. I know ... soy sauce on my stake. That would be it for sure. Too much of a good thing ... too much salt.

That's enough of a blurb ... keep up the walking ... and steady as she goes with the night rides. Also been forcing myself to stay on the sidewalks and cross as crossing with my bike in preparation for when the scooter arrives. I must admit this latest intention has forced me to deal with such things. The other reason I also went all out on the scooter set up was to feel comfortable being on display. I think that kit is going to look alright. I like that aspect of it so that helps.

Not long now ...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Go to sleep Davy Boy!!! [
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-15-2020 at 05:51 AM.