Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponder

Ponder

It's been good with my friend visiting. My old boss when I was a support worker. He is now my support worker.

Both of us have been playing a lot of PC in the beginning, but I am less attached to doing that now that my friend is actually here. Instead I have found the electric scooter that he brought with him an even better distraction. Although I feel somewhat self conscious standing on the scooter, the feeling of freedom moving effortlessly quickly overcomes any negative feelings. That said, I'm not moving at the traffic lights which makes those feel like I am on a stage. I smile, because after I while I become more amused at those looking out their windows. We don't get many stand up electric scooters in my area, although we do have a lot of electric bikes and 4 wheeled disabled scooters. People in this area are slow to change. It seems electric scooters have a little stigma to overcome in the same way drones where met with media resistance. But like I was saying about that feeling of freedom, once you jump on an electric scooter and realise the potential for freedom you soon disregard the notion of others. At least this is how I feel ... when not parading at the traffic lights. hehe. I've never really even like standing on such corners.

I guess that would make for a good topic on how being self conscious get in the way. Just being overweight is enough to make most of us feel like staying at home or not wanting to be seen. Boy oh boy I have been up and down in the dept of late. But like the freedom I find on my friends scooter, I also my prefer the benefits of moving beyond the boundaries of what most people think as their home. So it is that I also feel less worried about once again being morbidly obese. It's on my mind to be sure. It always is as I put on weight quite easily and now at an age that such can kill if left unchecked. However, stress only adds more weight and makes life even more oppressive than what I find it already to be. I note that being my perspective as I am learning to respect the freedoms of others as long as it's not impacting others in a negative way. The latter I find a rarity; I for one can not include myself in any kind of saintly list.

So it is that I now have my sights set on an electric scooter. - Still can't get over how great that thing is.

As good as it is ... I best get ready for me WALK.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Bit of a late night but it's all good. Another good day with my friend still here. My room is reasonably clean, but have half it it on the porch still waiting to be sorted. Smiles ... something to focus on when I wake up before my morning appointment. It would appear I have talked my friend into upgrading his scooter whilst I aim to purchase the next model up above his current one. I took his for a spin late this afternoon and still can't get over what a buzz it is. We started the day off with my taking the lead with my bike whilst he followed for the rest on his scooter. We stopped for some herbal tea, later on by a lake, popped in to a bike shop to pump up his tires, then took the long way home. We both spent time with the little guy teaching him more minecraft and chalk drawing on the porch. Jumped on the big trampoline, went to the shops to by some meat and came back to cook up an awesome feed. Speaking of which I am not doing his scooter any favors when I hop on.

We did more than that .. but that is enough for me to waffle on as I am now ready to get some qualtiy zzzzzzs ... despite the indulging with food since before Xmas and now still into the new year ... my activity has thankfully picked up with less time on the PC. I see no need to go cold turkey ... BUT ... will be making a concerted effort to get back into doing walk run walk run in the we hours of the morning before most others get up. That will again force me into an earlier routine on both sides of the day.

For easier sleeping I have been listening to rain on my Bluetooth speaker. It seems to help.
    Still under a LOT of negative stress derived from sources beyond my control ... but that's OK ... I know what I need to do and for the most part are doing it. I think of how my grandson is slowly starting to brighten up with the transition in our care and try not to think about what has not yet come. He is actually doing well. He love his new swimming lessons and also the long quiet bike patch I now take him on. That's a good note to finish on.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Goodnight/have a good day.

I delete it and just log it in here. Just know that these so called old timers in this forum (as so often refereed to) can be cruel individuals that will attack other forum members where you can easily wind up being the but of their jokes. Many do so quite subtlety and somewhat eloquently. Others will just laugh in your face. Enough said.

I care about the Fires - But not the people. Eldest boy once caught lighting fires.

The fires in Australia? How do I really feel about that? Having been accused that I don't care and also laughed about re my personal thoughts on what makes me - me; by other wonderful forum users (So often refereed to as 'old timers')

Let me see.

For starters, I think we humans should be helping each other when there is no drama. DRAMA? Yea, that's how I am seeing these events.

After my son was released from jail (More Drama!) he returned to Batemans Bay where people ended up lining the beach and yadda yadda. My parents were also affected early on before the whole affair becomes world news. I'll spare you the photos and videos. Makes for a great social media frenzy.

There seems to be two sides to this staging story that's made and making world events ... One side on the ground level are seemingly caught up in feeling bitter and abandoned which is why they are so passionate about blaming the government. Others in social media who are not even affected by fires but likewise feeling bitter and abandoned on other fronts get caught up in the mob mentality. Like I said ... great for a social frenzy. I got to tell you that people in Australia make excellent sheep just as they do all over the world.

I fully understand why people play with matches.
    They too feel bitter and abandoned.My eldest boy when a child was pulled up in front of the court system for lighting fires in the bush. He was not dealt with appropriately or reaped any consequences by the system at that time that had any real affect. He is nearly 30 years old now and only just been jailed with having gotten away with a LOT of stuff. In fact his spree was a lot more violent than my own, where my time in goal was more spawn from break and enters that made the page for a homeless story re feeding oneself VS repeatedly bashing people. The irony of him lighting fires then in his early days only only to wind up decades later living in a town where they all end up on a beach due to raging fires ... is as much an irony of me comparing his and I stories.

But like I say ... I understand why people do what they do ... at least for the most part. Fuck all this accusing and back stabbing each other. Humans are really good for doing that.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________

So you see, you really ought not to mouth off saying I don't care or don't know much about self.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

I am full of surprises and will always call a spade a spade. I do not have to pretend like logging in under some fake name only to be accused by those who one called themselves friend than laugh at by another refereed to as old timer. I carry much shame and whilst legitimately certified as unable - I should not be underestimated when it comes to making a stand. You would do well to either work with me ... or just leave me the fuck alone.

Among all those bleeding hearts and sheepish puppets ... between all that bashing the government, prayers and lovey dovey sentiments are more looting houses and others playing with matches.

I would not say I don't care about the fires ... but I will say fuck humans on all sides of the equation.

The only one's I have time for, are those who take the time to get their stories straight.

Go but your fucking jokes on someone else, lest we all start playing with matches. Pfft - Sarcasm intended but passion reigns. Z

Pffft ... is that you Mr Ponder says Mrs Dahilla ... and then laughed by another ... to that of a third who starts the slur ... keep throwing rocks and dribbling shit peoples. You all do it very well and is why I ended up cutting ties. That said I won't be a door mat.

Fact is ... everyone is 'MATCHING' the other. Fucking flame throwers ... the lot of us. But no one looks at the bigger picture ... just the pretty ones OR the loud devastating ones ... Nothing but DRAMA!

Last edited by Ponder; 01-06-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Onto more of the fun stuff.

I am very pleased at the Iranians response to the US and it's Allies. I hope all shit breaks lose and that things get really blown out of proportions. People die everyday. I hope this time it's enough to make a HUGE scene and show up the US and it's Allies for what they really are. Fucking Power Mongers with only their own self interests at heart. The rest that follow are nothing but sheep.

I think that about wraps up my day.

Until next post.

Burn Baby Burn!!!

Good timing for the allies to get together with all the lovey dovey BS AND then start a fucking war. Fucking sheep the lot of yas.

Really hoping WWIII comes sooner than later. FYW and all those in it.

... but of course ... love and light and all that jazz

... until next post.

Is that you Mr Ponder? You best your fucking ASS it is!!!

Proposed Electric Scooter Purchase

Interesting how the media prepares the collective mind of the masses before the great speech. Puppet Nations. Oh well ... Perhaps next year nukes will fly whilst in the mean time the US consolidates their interests/grip - in & on the world.

In the mean time ... may was well finalize the latest obsession with my Proposed Electric Scooter Purchase:

I have come to the end of obsessing over what one to buy but now can't wait till I get it. That's going to take a while though as I will have to save unless I can take out a later loan than usual. I've decided to go with an expensive one. I found a way that to fit within the legal constraints - although it could still be debatable. Here is a government link to the Law in my state regarding personal mobility devices otherwise known as PMDs. The fact they use an image of a scooter nails it for me as well as themselves validating this new appealing form of 'transportation'.
    https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/saf...bility-devices

The scooter I propose meets all the required measurements and comes in under the weight. The main issue with scooters when used as a PMD (separate to a recreational device [comes down to how one uses and identifies with that device]) ... is speed - NOT the wattage. This loophole of Personal Mobility Device and the fact that you do not have to be psychically disabled to classify your device as such puts to rest my angst over wattage size of electric engine. Fact is - some PMDs will require more wattage to reach legal speeds when pushing different weights up different hills.

This is why in the end I have chosen to go with an 800watt scooter. More so because for my angst, I feel I have come close nailing the wattage debate (as it stands with legislation in my state re electric scooters used as a PMD)

To Lock or Unlock the legal speed?
    LOL - The anxiety of it all. This is why I gave up with my drone. This one is simple really ... don't break the legal speed limit and you should have nothing to worry about. Apparent they have new legislation with simple fines now. $130 for speeding on a scooter. Much cheaper in comparison to a car ticket, however I don't plan on and still consider it a heft price all things considered.

Cool ... my friend is up ... time for a late breakfast.

Back to this post later ... where I will further indulge and motivate myself re my upcoming scooter.

Fucking sore shoulders and neck from riding so much on my bike this week having not really ridden in a while. Friend goes home tomorrow.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Back to walking and will give the bike a little break. It won't be the same riding solo.