Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Panic 468x60
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Ponder

Road Rage - Man Chases me with Mattock/Pickax after telling me he is gong to KILL ME!

Sigh ... It's no proud moment to say that today I literally defecated my pants after a man pulled out a mattock from his trade utility truck, professed he was going to kill me. I was convinced he was serious the way he was yielding it and even chased after me when I turned taking a few steps wondering WTF I was going to do. My shoulder was in pain, I was tired and late for an appointment, cars were whizzing by pretty fast on the side of the road. Having literally crapped my pants and feeling that I was in no way in a state to out run the guy, I decided to turn and face him after taking a few steps to run from him and well ... I guess you could say I pleaded for my life. I must of done a good job as he backed down and I survived. I went home, changed my pants and told my wife I was unable to make it to my physio appointment.

Whilst I could make a long winded story about how the guy was in the wrong re the road collision, the insanity I had to deal with whilst doing my best to keep it together is more the issue I am now left to deal with. Fancy shitting yourself. Takes a deep breath. Police are now involved. Sadly the only car the pulled over to watch, also left when the psychopath did as well. Best I have is that the offender went to the police first. He was told that they don't deal with traffic accident. The police did say though that he admitted to his own mental illness and when walking out the door, also admitted to grabbing a weapon. This they said with my information that I had provided was enough for them to begin an investigation where hopefully charges will be laid. I'm glad he was remorseful enough to admit as much as he did. My own inability to defend myself at this point in reflection combined with how I tried to remain calm is both encouraging and yet embarrassing. The guy was pretty convincing that he was going to kill me and what with a mattock that looked more like an axe the way he held it and ten progress to attack me with it. Yadda yadda

My wife is asking on FB for anyone that might of seen it. What can I say. What do you reckon Echkart? It is what it is. Oh boy ... nervously chuckles. ... and like I say ... "it's all in the way you hold that is."

I just leave it be for now. So lucky my wife is able to do all the paper work re the insurance. I have a good case with the pictorial record of road placement and photo I later took of damage to care when I got home. Mindfully wrote out a statement as suggest by police on the phone - support person came to help me down at the station and all that. My head is spinning.

I think I take a pill to help some. I am allowing the mixed feelings to be as they are. Feeling inadequate, vulnerable, violated - BUT also trying to see how I could of just as easily reacted like the guy with the mattock. Thankfully I have restricted my uncontrolled psychopathic rage to my dreams. The world is in insane. I did good but this shows me just how vulnerable we can become. I am exhausted ...

What's the next lesson? I chuckle once more to think of how and when I do get back on my scooter ... that I will most likely be traveling at a snails pace afraid to cross paths with even the smallest of children. arrrrrrr

OK - that's a wrap.

Thanks for listening.
    Google image of another incident separate to mine - but entails the same negative residual hate that's currently rife:

I think this was the push I finally needed.

I sincerely hope this is it.

I won't be giving any links this time.

Wishing you all the best.

Take Care Guys.