Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Panic 468x60
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    who are you? the self of all selves, are you mr. Ponder?
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by the_self_of_all_selves View Post
    The pic works just fine.

Is this fire comparable to any in recent Aussie history, or is it the worst in memory?

It has saddened the world. We're all one self, after all. Well, except Ponder. There are two basic energies in the universe: self and Ponder.
    HHAHAHAHAAA!! You’re funny

No, it’s much worse. I’d like to know what the Indigenous Australians have to say about it. They never get much of a say in anything though. I mean they should be involved in the prevention and things like that, but what would they know? They’ve only been here for 40,000+ years
    "..We are told no, we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, but you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world." --Terence McKenna

The other thing - people from overseas have given more support in a few days than our government in months (it started in September). P!nk donated $500,000 yesterday and some big celebrities have Tweeted important messages (Bette Midler was very funny and had a go at the Prime Minister). American and Canadian firefighters are here helping. Our PM has become a joke and I just hope this shows him up to the whole world.
    "..We are told no, we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, but you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world." --Terence McKenna

Do you know Gypsy that a lot of Canadian firefighters are in Australia fighting the fire, We have so many forests and so many fires that Canadian firefighters are probably the best in the world
    I do not like to talk about someone who is not here, it looks like gossip.
    I had fell of the wagon with him too )
    Last edited by Dahila; 01-05-2020 at 12:57 PM.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

The pic works just fine.

Is this fire comparable to any in recent Aussie history, or is it the worst in memory?

It has saddened the world. We're all one self, after all. Well, except Ponder. There are two basic energies in the universe: self and Ponder.
    Are you inferring that Ponder does not care about the fire situation or that he cares little for the notion that we are all one?

Please explain yourself.

Edit ... Don't bother.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-05-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    who are you? the self of all selves, are you mr. Ponder?

If I have something to say ... I will say it under my own name.

This tells me a lot of what goes on behind the scenes.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-05-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    Are you inferring that Ponder does not care about the fire situation or that he cares little for the notion that we are all one?

Please explain yourself.

Edit ... Don't bother.
    I'm talking about a different Ponder from another anxiety forum.
    Last edited by the_self_of_all_selves; 01-05-2020 at 01:38 PM.

I'm talking about a different Ponder from another anxiety forum.
    I made a new thread, your welcome to pop in it and discuss the nature of your name ... if you so wish.

This ponder loves discussing such things.
    http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showth...p?38140-Ponder

I’ve been reading about the fires. This article sums the whole thing up well: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/03/o...te-change.html

“..We need more able people to defend the town as we are in for bad heat from Friday again. Tucks area will be a problem from today, but trees down on all tracks, and no one to fight it.

We are tired, but ok.

But we are here in 2020!

Love

Us”

The bookstore in the fire-ravaged village of Cobargo, New South Wales, has a new sign outside: “Post-Apocalyptic Fiction has been moved to Current Affairs.”

And yet, incredibly, the response of Australia’s leaders to this unprecedented national crisis has been not to defend their country but to defend the fossil fuel industry, a big donor to both major parties — as if they were willing the country to its doom. While the fires were exploding in mid-December, the leader of the opposition Labor Party went on a tour of coal mining communities expressing his unequivocal support for coal exports. The prime minister, the conservative Scott Morrison, went on vacation to Hawaii.

“Australia is a burning nation led by cowards,” wrote the leading broadcaster Hugh Riminton, speaking for many. To which he might have added “idiots,” after Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack blamed the fires on exploding horse manure.

Such are those who would open the gates of hell and lead a nation to commit climate suicide.

———-

I’m never one to advocate the death penalty but this is like an act of Treason. The country is already economically f***ed thanks to the government. I don’t even know what this means for us. People want blood at the moment.

In other news, my mother is a bitch

Thanks for the invite, Ponder.

Gypsy, did you move back to your mother's house because of the fires?