Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Do you know Gypsy that a lot of Canadian firefighters are in Australia fighting the fire, We have so many forests and so many fires that Canadian firefighters are probably the best in the world
    I do not like to talk about someone who is not here, it looks like gossip.
    I had fell of the wagon with him too )
    Last edited by Dahila; 01-05-2020 at 12:57 PM.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by the_self_of_all_selves View Post
    The pic works just fine.

Is this fire comparable to any in recent Aussie history, or is it the worst in memory?

It has saddened the world. We're all one self, after all. Well, except Ponder. There are two basic energies in the universe: self and Ponder.
    Are you inferring that Ponder does not care about the fire situation or that he cares little for the notion that we are all one?

Please explain yourself.

Edit ... Don't bother.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-05-2020 at 01:26 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    who are you? the self of all selves, are you mr. Ponder?

If I have something to say ... I will say it under my own name.

This tells me a lot of what goes on behind the scenes.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-05-2020 at 01:26 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

I'm talking about a different Ponder from another anxiety forum.
    I made a new thread, your welcome to pop in it and discuss the nature of your name ... if you so wish.

This ponder loves discussing such things.
    http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showth...p?38140-Ponder

I’ve been reading about the fires. This article sums the whole thing up well: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/03/o...te-change.html

“..We need more able people to defend the town as we are in for bad heat from Friday again. Tucks area will be a problem from today, but trees down on all tracks, and no one to fight it.

We are tired, but ok.

But we are here in 2020!

Love

Us”

The bookstore in the fire-ravaged village of Cobargo, New South Wales, has a new sign outside: “Post-Apocalyptic Fiction has been moved to Current Affairs.”

And yet, incredibly, the response of Australia’s leaders to this unprecedented national crisis has been not to defend their country but to defend the fossil fuel industry, a big donor to both major parties — as if they were willing the country to its doom. While the fires were exploding in mid-December, the leader of the opposition Labor Party went on a tour of coal mining communities expressing his unequivocal support for coal exports. The prime minister, the conservative Scott Morrison, went on vacation to Hawaii.

“Australia is a burning nation led by cowards,” wrote the leading broadcaster Hugh Riminton, speaking for many. To which he might have added “idiots,” after Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack blamed the fires on exploding horse manure.

Such are those who would open the gates of hell and lead a nation to commit climate suicide.

———-

I’m never one to advocate the death penalty but this is like an act of Treason. The country is already economically f***ed thanks to the government. I don’t even know what this means for us. People want blood at the moment.

In other news, my mother is a bitch
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

No I was there on and off because of tourists. I’m home now. But the people who were stuck on the beach (and wherever) just got taken on a ship to mum’s town. Poor buggers.

I see that climate change expert Greta Thunberg wrote a very angry post direct at your country's PM.
    yep yep ))............granpa Soros send her to Canada on election day, she was boobed in Alberta, poor rotten child they use her as a tool . Every system has a Greta, Stalin, Hitler, now globalists
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I see that climate change expert Greta Thunberg wrote a very angry post direct at your country's PM.

Well she can get in line. Now some other fat middle-aged politician is involved. I’ve been under a rock for so long I don’t even know who he is and I’m beyond caring. Sack the bloody lot of them.

There’s this video of a koala in the fire and I don’t know if it’s getting burnt alive or what because I can’t watch it. Koalas sit high in trees and sleep or eat all day. They only move to change positions and you rarely see them on the ground. So what all those animals must have gone through would have been horrific. I keep crying when I see the pics. I also cried about the little girl in the boat wearing a mask. She looks so scared and like my daughter when she was younger.

Make no mistake - this is not just a bad bushfire season for Australia. It’s out of the ballpark. It’s not over either.. The really dry part of summer is usually end of January-February. It’s a fucking disaster and it’s being led by people who I honestly don’t think care very much. I wouldn’t be surprised if Morrison’s got plans with mates like Rupert Murdoch to shack up on some island somewhere. I’ve already read stuff from the US that he’s not utilising resources they’ve got which he could (and probably said he would). The man has lied and lied, and keeps lying. He’s starting to make Donald Trump and Boris Johnson look good.

Anyhoo, I think I’ve had enough reality. I need to go look at art, read philosophy and poetry, and listen to music. And of course, talk to the Self!

There have been lulz online though. Sense of humour is our forte.

8454CA79-5382-4F85-8D9F-60534A88D86C.jpg

Very important to regularly connect with the Self. Even if you're going through a very hard time, like Ponder was when he lost weight and his friends said he looked like a cancer patient, it's important to re-centre.

And it's also important to make sure your inbox doesn't get so full that nobody can message you.
    LOL@anti-Greta. She always reminds me of some demon child from a movie.

Or the time I posted Raging Zef Boner. Some people had to regroup after that.