Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Panic 468x60
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 210
  1. #111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,498

  2. #112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,498
    Quote Originally Posted by the_self_of_all_selves View Post
    Lol, yeah, Boris is posh AF. His middle name is "de Piffle". Scruffiness is where our similarities end.

    I hadn't watched any of Jordan Peterson's stuff until you mentioned him. I hadn't bothered cos the media made him out to be this alt-right troll. His stuff is actually good, especially on the subjects of depression and political correctness.



    Canada are Sweden are probably the two most PC countries. They pride themselves on it, which often means they do dumb stuff just so they can appear more virtuous.

    I think people need to stop listening to these ridiculous outspoken LGBT activists. Having reservations about people who were born men using women's bathrooms or playing women's sports doesn't make a person bad. These activists are like the religious puritans of old, searching for anybody they can burn at the stake!

    The Self disapproves.
    Was it you who likes JK Rowling? I like her too.. A lot. She’s sort of the leader of what the transgender mob call TERFs (trans exclusive radical feminists). They use it like you’re the most hateful person in the world. It’s the main thing that caused me to distance myself from feminism altogether.

    Well JK Rowling got hounded for saying something along the lines of “transgender women are *not* the same as biological women”. You should see how nasty they get about that. I feel really strongly about it because women’s biology is much more complicated - we have babies for fuck’s sake, plus our endocrine systems are different..

    It also sets a precedent for men to get away with even more shit. So she’s got this motto thing which basically says do wtf you want, dress how you want etc, but we are not the same as you. I followed a bit of the feminist shit and it’s unbelievable. I wrote a tweet about how I started reading feminist books in the early 90s and there was no arguments with men or women about anything. Guys might give you a bit of shit but, nothing like the drama you see now. It’s the internet and I wrote how much simpler it was without it. I also said I’d rather not be debating sex vs gender while we go up in flames or float out to sea

  3. #113
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    In quarantine
    Posts
    75
    Yeah, I like how Rowling didn't backtrack on her comments.

    What bugs me most about these people is how their aim is to shut down debate. Even when they're not screaming at and insulting people, they're calling them phobes, which is wrong, because it implies the person talking is irrational and doesn't have a valid argument.

    Game of Thrones has a very legit quote for these activists: "When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."

    P.S. If we're allowed to choose which bathroom we want to use, I'm gonna start using the women's one. There's more cubicles in women's bathrooms. I like peace and quiet when I take a leak so I can ponder at length on the mysteries of The Self.
    Last edited by the_self_of_all_selves; 01-28-2020 at 08:26 AM.

  4. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,498
    Quote Originally Posted by the_self_of_all_selves View Post
    Yeah, I like how Rowling didn't backtrack on her comments.

    What bugs me most about these people is how their aim is to shut down debate. Even when they're not screaming at and insulting people, they're calling them phobes, which is wrong, because it implies the person talking is irrational and doesn't have a valid argument.

    Game of Thrones has a very legit quote for these activists: "When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."

    P.S. If we're allowed to choose which bathroom we want to use, I'm gonna start using the women's one. There's more cubicles in women's bathrooms. I like peace and quiet when I take a leak so I can ponder at length on the mysteries of The Self.
    What really pisses me off about them is how they want access to all this hormonal treatment and whatnot. I’m a biological female who needs help with hormones and no doctor knows fucking anything or even takes it that seriously. They’re a very loud minority who need to get in line.

    One interesting thing about this I learnt is that as usual the pharmaceutical companies are in on it. I think in the UK in particular, gender dysmorphia or whatever it’s called, is actually pushed by doctors because the pharma companies can make money out of it. The worst is when kids are encouraged. There are groups on twitter of people who’ve had the shit done then gone back to their original sex. It’s crazy.

    Yes I like to Ponder the Self in peace when I go to the loo as well

    Anyway so Canberra area still on fire. This cheered me up though. The fluorescent pink slug! https://www.theguardian.com/australi...ives-bushfires

  5. #115
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    In quarantine
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    What really pisses me off about them is how they want access to all this hormonal treatment and whatnot. I’m a biological female who needs help with hormones and no doctor knows fucking anything or even takes it that seriously. They’re a very loud minority who need to get in line.

    One interesting thing about this I learnt is that as usual the pharmaceutical companies are in on it. I think in the UK in particular, gender dysmorphia or whatever it’s called, is actually pushed by doctors because the pharma companies can make money out of it. The worst is when kids are encouraged. There are groups on twitter of people who’ve had the shit done then gone back to their original sex. It’s crazy.

    Yes I like to Ponder the Self in peace when I go to the loo as well

    Anyway so Canberra area still on fire. This cheered me up though. The fluorescent pink slug! https://www.theguardian.com/australi...ives-bushfires
    Some of these kids being treated are very young! You wonder how much they're being influenced by parents/society.

    How far are you from Canberra? Are you going back to hibernating?
    Would there be this eternal seeking if the found existed?

  6. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,498
    Quote Originally Posted by the_self_of_all_selves View Post
    Some of these kids being treated are very young! You wonder how much they're being influenced by parents/society.

    How far are you from Canberra? Are you going back to hibernating?
    Ugh. I really avoid the whole transgender topic because it annoys the hell out of me. I’ve heard about various cases where doctors have ignored the parents’ views on their kid’s “gender”.

    Long way from Canberra. Those really big fires on the coast at New Year were much closer. But hell yeah I’m hibernating because a) Tourists are still here and b) It’s getting hot today til Friday. I get a bit of satisfaction on hot days bc my airconditioner is almost new and it blasts cool air. I have to change it to just the fan after 5 mins bc I get too cold.

    It’s getting into the 30s here. Where my daughter is (inland) 40s. Stay tuned for more Australia Burns.

  7. #117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6,087
    I am with you guys about that bullshit trangender, It is impossible what is going to be, Mommy is disappointed cause she wanted a boy and got the girl . Lets make her a boy
    nonsense and so much abuse , Pushing children to changing of gender is abuse,
    There are two genders Male and female.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

  8. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    I am with you guys about that bullshit trangender, It is impossible what is going to be, Mommy is disappointed cause she wanted a boy and got the girl . Lets make her a boy
    nonsense and so much abuse , Pushing children to changing of gender is abuse,
    There are two genders Male and female.
    I think there are genuine cases where the person feels like they’re in the wrong body (male or female) but it’s a tiny minority. Now it’s like people wake up depressed and think “I must have gender dysphoria and I’m actually a woman!”


    Here’s a good article on Australian culture. I’ve been trying to say this for ages but you’re not allowed to criticise the Lucky Country (especially if you’re a woman). It’s actually the Arrogant Pig country and been getting worse and worse.

    https://www.smh.com.au/national/surv...23-p53u07.html

  9. #119
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    In quarantine
    Posts
    75
    That writer and many of the commentators speak very highly of Jacinda Arden. Things must be bad in Straya if the people are pining for a PM whose approval ratings have fallen drastically and could be voted out of office at the next election.

    LOL at her deliberately ignoring a call from Scott Morrison, though!

    Don't let her ever do that to the head of Ghana. Our village political expert, Iguadola Umunkandu, will be calling for war. He's already in a bad mood after some children threw stones at his goat.
    Last edited by the_self_of_all_selves; 01-28-2020 at 06:13 PM.
    Would there be this eternal seeking if the found existed?

  10. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6,087
    gypsy exactly it is a small percentage and they should be treated seriously but in the age of three, or 5, So many people who went through surgery are going back to their gender. There is also very high number of suicides due the bad decision ,
    From time to time baby is born in wrong body but it is maybe 1 person in 10 000
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Driving Large