Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the_self_of_all_selves View Post
    Is it your main web browsing gadget now?

I did a similar thing to lil gypsy years ago. A moth flew in my face while I was on my ipad. I instinctively reached out to bat it away, but as I did, the ipad slipped out of my hand and flew across the room. The screen smashed, but I still managed to use it for about a year more.
    It sure is. Though I still use the old phone when I'm super lazy - mainly when I wake up and haven't even emerged from under the covers haha, because it's easy to use with one hand.

LOL@moth. My grandma had a phobia of moths. She lived in the UK all her life. I don't think I showed you guys the visitor I had on my balcony recently (that upright post is 9cm wide).

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gypsylee; 05-19-2020 at 04:01 AM.

In other news, I bought a new CD for my car. I still use CDs in there when I'm in a hurry and/or can't be bothered plugging my phone into the aux cable. CDs are also more reliable than USB sticks I've found. Check it out..

I don't know why it's sideways. Anyway this CD has one of the greatest songs of all-time on it. I remember dancing to this when I was about 5yo. I googled the lyrics earlier (German/Jamaican/Africans singing about Russians).

Thanks to comments on YouTube: German disco band formed by black people born in the Caribbean, singing about a Russian priest in a song inspired by a Turkish folk song.

The clip is even greater!!

https://youtu.be/SYnVYJDxu2Q

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey

There lived a certain man in Russia long ago
    He was big and strong, in his eyes a flaming glow
    Most people looked at him with terror and with fear
    But to Moscow chicks he was such a lovely dear

He could preach the Bible like a preacher
    Full of ecstasy and fire
    But he also was the kind of teacher
    Women would desire

Ra ra Rasputin
    Lover of the Russian queen
    There was a cat that really was gone
    Ra ra Rasputin
    Russia's greatest love machine
    It was a shame how he carried on

He ruled the Russian land and never mind the Czar
    But the kazachok he danced really wunderbar
    In all affairs of state he was the man to please
    But he was real great when he had a girl to squeeze

For the queen he was no wheeler dealer
    Though she'd heard the things he'd done
    She believed he was a holy healer
    Who would heal her son

Ra ra Rasputin
    There was a cat that really was gone
    Ra ra Rasputin
    It was a shame how he carried on

But when his drinking and lusting
    And his hunger for power
    Became known to more and more people
    The demands to do something
    About this outrageous man
    Became louder and louder

"This man's just got to go", declared his enemies
    But the ladies begged, "don't you try to do it, please"
    No doubt this Rasputin had lots of hidden charms
    Though he was a brute, they just fell into his arms

Then one night some men of higher standing
    Set a trap, they're not to blame
    "Come to visit us", they kept demanding
    And he really came

Ra ra Rasputin
    They put some poison into his wine
    Ra ra Rasputin
    He drank it all and said, "I feel fine"

Ra ra Rasputin
    They didn't quit, they wanted his head
    Ra ra Rasputin
    And so they shot him 'til he was dead

Oh, those Russians
    Last edited by gypsylee; 05-19-2020 at 05:04 AM.

Hahahaha!! I was very Greta #2 because it was April and the weather had been cooling down for a while. Those bastards are usually hibernating by then. I've had a smaller one in my house since then *and* some small-but-deadly-looking thing in my car. It's obviously climate change :P

heeeeeeeeeeeeee you should see my daughter and grandchild when the spider appears, I have to take care of that, The only thing I am not scared are spiders , will use my hand to kill the SOB,
    In house of course , Outside they are safe
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    heeeeeeeeeeeeee you should see my daughter and grandchild when the spider appears, I have to take care of that, The only thing I am not scared are spiders , will use my hand to kill the SOB,
    In house of course , Outside they are safe
    LOL. What kind of spiders do you have? My daughter is even worse than me. One time I had to rescue her from the shower because I heard her screaming.. I went in there and a Daddy Longlegs had appeared. Daddy Longlegs are actually the enemy of Huntsmans, so they're my friends. As a kid I remember my dad catching Huntsmans with his hands and taking them outside. They'd bite him and he'd say "oh it's just like a bee sting". They aren't venomous but bee stings are pretty painful, not to mention having those things in your hand. That was impressive for a Pom who only came out here when he was about 30.

No problemo as long as they are not size of an apple I am ok, Gypsy you guys have pretty nasty spiders over there so maybe I would not be so keen to kill them. We have one poisonous and we do not have antidotum on it, Black widow. Not in my province not on eastern side of province
    self how are your adventure on the scooter ?
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Damn, your dad is quite tough. Still, after living with your mum, I'm sure everything is tame after that.

Sometimes I try to take them outside with the glass and cardboard, but if they scare me in the night, I do splatter them out of instinct. Next time I will call Dahila to deal with the spider.
    He does the glass and cardboard now too. I guess he's a bit too old to be catching the spider with his hands. Still, no way could I do glass and cardboard with a huntsman.. Not only are they big, they're fast. One wrong move and that thing could run up your sleeve, at which point I'd have some kind of seizure.

Mum.. *blank stare*.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    No problemo as long as they are not size of an apple I am ok, Gypsy you guys have pretty nasty spiders over there so maybe I would not be so keen to kill them. We have one poisonous and we do not have antidotum on it, Black widow. Not in my province not on eastern side of province
    self how are your adventure on the scooter ?
    Heeeee https://youtu.be/wy_TB6onHVE

Self got a scooter? I bet the whole Ghanaian tribe wants to get on that!

Fuck yeah! You bet that everyone here is jealous of me. In Ghana, the most popular mode of transport is goat. For us, this animal is pet, dinner, and transport.

Whoops, I actually shouldn't swear. Ponder hates swearing, and he might read these posts. We wouldn't want him to get shocked and fall off his scooter, just like he fell off his treadmill. Heeeeeee.

Monkey bikes. Someone keeps using a vehicle around here that backfires all the time, coughs and splutters, and generally sounds like it's about to die. I can hear it right now. I'm wondering if it's one of these things they call monkey bikes. I don't think they're legal.

Ok so Monkey Bike just means a type of Honda motorbike, not a cheap piece of crap that teenagers get around on illegally. Whatever this thing is though, it makes a lot of noise. We all know how much I love noise pollution.

My friend (who can't get a drivers licence because of his epilepsy, so rides a push bike everywhere and knows about this stuff) said it's probably a push bike with a lawn mower engine lol. The things people do..

-------

You are either completely in love with the Honda Z series or you have no idea what it is. For those in the latter category, here’s a quick intro (which will then be followed by a longer story about the origins of the bike). The Honda Z50 was a street-legal mini-bike whose popularity was a huge surprise to almost everyone. It had a 49cc engine, five-inch wheels, and the first US imports in 1968 looked like Honda was trying to bring Oompa Loompas to the Hell’s Angels. Or at least the beach branch.

It was also called the Honda Monkey, both affectionately and derogatorily. The name stems from what the rider looks like when seated on the bike. Arms and legs stick out at weird, sharp angles and, depending on the rider’s size, backs can hunch over almost as drastically, making the rider look like a circus monkey. Right about now, you should be thinking of the bike in Dumb and Dumber. While it’s not the right model bike, it’s almost the same riding posture.

Even if you’re a bike purist, you have to admit you see the attraction. As soon as you interact with a Monkey, you’re in a better mood. It’s a miniature, fuel-efficient machine designed entirely with fun in mind, and that’s a machine that only the blackest hearts among us can be upset with.

Last edited by gypsylee; 05-24-2020 at 01:39 AM.