Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    I need to sleep but I'm lying here half asleep thinking about how the world would change if people understood synchronicity. With science and rationalism as the order of the day, people have no idea how powerful they are. Cause and effect is real, science is real and it's very good at what it does. It's not the full picture though. I will try and explain this later.
    This is why perception management is rated so highly by those controlling the masses. Despite that, the first place to start is with ourselves and disidentifying with those issues that spawn negitive projections from our own being. That being an extremely hard task whilst we live the lives of limited beings/aka matetial beings.

Gypsy will wait when you are ready , I know beside all this, you are very spiritual. Yes we are a powerful beings but we do not know that...........
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

yeah twitter is kind of entertaining now, and you can really know what is going on following just few cool people.
    Do not follow Justin Trudeau cause he is a dick
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Attached Images Attached Images

The hardest part is getting your head around this. But just look at these pictures for a while and what the things actually are (they are scientific pics).

From the get-go we are taught that the universe is like a big ball that goes outward in a straight line basically. It apparently came out of nowhere one day. If you're at all philosophical you would have thought about that and asked "Well ok.. Where did it come from? Where does it end? What was there before it?" etc etc. This used to give me the worst anxiety and do my head in.

Scientists have all sorts of answers to those questions. I don't understand those answers and I doubt many people do. So you're left wondering about it. That wasn't good enough for me to stop thinking about it and being anxious. What stopped me being anxious was Carl Jung, and Freud who taught him, and their understanding of the mind ("psyche" is a better word).

Human beings don't just have conscious, rational minds. The big problem with science (and our culture) is it puts ALL value on that part of the mind. This only happened relatively recently and only in Western culture. Like I said, science is "true" and it's fantastic at what it does. Give me science over religion any day. Scientific findings have been converging for a long time anyway, but mainstream culture lags and most people are stuck 100+ years ago. Partly because scientists can't explain things simply but also because it benefits the powers-that-be. As if the church, the government, the corporations want ordinary people having any power.

You think I'm going to come out with some New Age thing now lol. Like "I woke up after years of depression and anxiety and everything looked different, it was beautiful!" Nope, I've been at this since my early-20s and still going. I'm not enlightened by any stretch of the imagination. I don't even meditate because my mind doesn't stfu, ever.

I understand this though -- the rational mind we use everyday (by we I mean average Westerners not Zen masters) cannot understand the nature of the universe. Just stop trying. It's like an insect trying to understand calculus. The deeper levels of the mind can, but the vast majority of us only tap into that when we're unconscious ie. asleep. Dreams are part of this whole thing but beyond the scope of what I'm trying to say here.

Ok so look at this picture. Consider the possibility that the idea of the universe being a big ball that goes out and out and out is not quite accurate. Think about a spiral instead, or better yet, fractals (if you know about those). Try and imagine that the human mind is like a little version of the universe. That's the key and the hard part. Again, don't think too hard about it because you'll just get a headache or an anxiety attack. Just be open to the possibility that what science has told you is good but not that helpful for most people in this day and age in Western societies.

Synchronicity is based on this "spiral" version not the "ball" version. It isn't cause and effect. But things can happen which rationally have no link, at least no causal link, yet they aren't just random, meaningless occurrences. Why not? Because the spiral is doing stuff we can't rationally understand.

If the human mind is a little version of the universe, it's also a little version of the Earth. Bodies are 70% water, so is the Earth. We breathe and trees/forests "breathe". So that's another thing to suspend disbelief about -- that we are connected to the Earth but not in a causal way. The spiral is just spiralling out from the mind to the planet (the planet is not a dead lump of rock just somehow floating in a big ball of nothingness with other lumps of rock, which just appeared one day out of nothing lol). Seems plausible? Seems more plausible to me than the floating rock idea! Don't worry about your mind asking questions like "well where am I on the spiral?" or "which bit of the fractal am I?" My brain still does that and I have to ignore it. It's irrelevant but the "Monkey Mind" likes to think it's smarter than it is (especially when you're an anxious type).

Now, to work with synchronicity is about feeling powerful. That's the best way I can put it, but I certainly don't mean power as in being the President or having a lot of money. I mean a combination of powerful/passionate/inspired. How you feel when you're doing something and you're just "in the moment" (I'm not going to say anything about mindfulness here either). The best way to explain it is what I use, which is music, words and images. I use music a lot. But it's whatever "does it" for you.. Whatever makes you feel alive and passionate (happy is not a great word because pain can be powerful too, but that's hard).

One of the best "techniques" or "exercises" I ever heard for doing this stuff came from Alan Watts I think. He said something along the lines of getting in that zone I'm talking about and then "imagine you are the whole universe doing that". A lot of people's reaction to this is just "that's stupid I can't do that!" Again, that's Monkey Mind and it needs to shut up.

People also think they can use this to get what they want eg. Money, a certain person, a particular job. It doesn't work like that. The universe doesn't think like we do and it'll give you what you need not what you want (as an average person not an Amazonian Shaman, who wouldn't care about those things anyway). It does like things like truth, courage, beauty (that's a good one to use because the world is sooo ugly atm), compassion. I won't say love because it's so overused it's lost its meaning. Oh and laughter.. It loves laughter!

But what you can do is not sit there feeling completely powerless and hopeless. Don't beat yourself up if you do though.. I spent the summer in a state of panic and despair about the fires. It's only now in the dead of winter I can centre myself enough to get in this zone and talk about it.

I've got heaps more pictures, tons of videos, poems, quotes, etc on this. That pic is my favourite for trying to explain the basic idea to people though. So Exercise #1 (lol) is get something you find beautiful and imagine you are the whole Earth feeling the way it makes you feel.

Ok that's enough for now I think!!

Fractals:

Fractals 3D (much better):

https://youtu.be/CqL6kkMTjRw
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gypsylee; 06-13-2020 at 12:33 PM.

Re meditation.. I have so much trouble slowing my mind/thoughts down I've found that psytrance (a type of electronic music, nothing to do with "binaural beats" or whatever) is more relaxing than the usual meditation music. This one is good because it has visuals I like as well. But the thing with all of this is it's so important to find what works for you and what suits your individual nature. That's harder at first than being told what to do, but well worth the effort and gets easier. So if this makes you feel crappy, just stop it!

If it makes you feel good you could do the "I am the whole planet/universe" imagination thing using it

https://youtu.be/14kImeWf2Yg
    Last edited by gypsylee; 06-13-2020 at 01:24 PM.

Self you know about our blackface and keeling to protestors , eh
    Gypsy I actually can not use the meditation music I use Waves sound or rain to meditate
    Just remember; our mind is like young monkey jumping all over. You do realize it and go back to the moment, Sometimes is good just to stand beside it and watch what our mind is doing. It gives you good idea what needs some work , or what issue is bothering your the most I used the lock down to retrain my body to relax as soon as I start following my breath. Sure I lose the concentration not to concentrate but quickly I move on. I probably would be dead without the meditation
    By the way, today I went first time to market and it was wonderful to see people, to talk to my customers (they are awesome) )
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I am sure she is focusing on something....... I hope she will be back
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I am fine thanks, Canada is full communism now, Still locked up, mandatory masks and next is mandatory chinese vaccination
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I am doing ok, The mask actually do more harm that good. Canada is screwed, on Makret is like 50 vendors I am the only one without it
    the guy beside me should not even dream to put mask on, He had few hours of open heart surgery not to long ago, The fear tv put in the sheeple is awful. He rather die while wearing the mask that expose himself to imaginary virus. For me the worst is my grandchild starts school on September, actually high school (I am that old) and she will wear a mask, Wtf how will she get know the people if they all look the same?
    I was sure the AF is already dead, and her self Gypsy will come back when she is ready
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore