Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Driving 468x60
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    heeeeeeeeeeeeee you should see my daughter and grandchild when the spider appears, I have to take care of that, The only thing I am not scared are spiders , will use my hand to kill the SOB,
    In house of course , Outside they are safe
    LOL. What kind of spiders do you have? My daughter is even worse than me. One time I had to rescue her from the shower because I heard her screaming.. I went in there and a Daddy Longlegs had appeared. Daddy Longlegs are actually the enemy of Huntsmans, so they're my friends. As a kid I remember my dad catching Huntsmans with his hands and taking them outside. They'd bite him and he'd say "oh it's just like a bee sting". They aren't venomous but bee stings are pretty painful, not to mention having those things in your hand. That was impressive for a Pom who only came out here when he was about 30.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    LOL. What kind of spiders do you have? My daughter is even worse than me. One time I had to rescue her from the shower because I heard her screaming.. I went in there and a Daddy Longlegs had appeared. Daddy Longlegs are actually the enemy of Huntsmans, so they're my friends. As a kid I remember my dad catching Huntsmans with his hands and taking them outside. They'd bite him and he'd say "oh it's just like a bee sting". They aren't venomous but bee stings are pretty painful, not to mention having those things in your hand. That was impressive for a Pom who only came out here when he was about 30.
    Damn, your dad is quite tough. Still, after living with your mum, I'm sure everything is tame after that.

Sometimes I try to take them outside with the glass and cardboard, but if they scare me in the night, I do splatter them out of instinct. Next time I will call Dahila to deal with the spider.
    Would there be this eternal seeking if the found existed?

No problemo as long as they are not size of an apple I am ok, Gypsy you guys have pretty nasty spiders over there so maybe I would not be so keen to kill them. We have one poisonous and we do not have antidotum on it, Black widow. Not in my province not on eastern side of province
    self how are your adventure on the scooter ?
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by the_self_of_all_selves View Post
    Damn, your dad is quite tough. Still, after living with your mum, I'm sure everything is tame after that.

Sometimes I try to take them outside with the glass and cardboard, but if they scare me in the night, I do splatter them out of instinct. Next time I will call Dahila to deal with the spider.
    He does the glass and cardboard now too. I guess he's a bit too old to be catching the spider with his hands. Still, no way could I do glass and cardboard with a huntsman.. Not only are they big, they're fast. One wrong move and that thing could run up your sleeve, at which point I'd have some kind of seizure.

Mum.. *blank stare*.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    No problemo as long as they are not size of an apple I am ok, Gypsy you guys have pretty nasty spiders over there so maybe I would not be so keen to kill them. We have one poisonous and we do not have antidotum on it, Black widow. Not in my province not on eastern side of province
    self how are your adventure on the scooter ?
    Heeeee https://youtu.be/wy_TB6onHVE

Self got a scooter? I bet the whole Ghanaian tribe wants to get on that!

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    Heeeee https://youtu.be/wy_TB6onHVE

Self got a scooter? I bet the whole Ghanaian tribe wants to get on that!
    Fuck yeah! You bet that everyone here is jealous of me. In Ghana, the most popular mode of transport is goat. For us, this animal is pet, dinner, and transport.

Whoops, I actually shouldn't swear. Ponder hates swearing, and he might read these posts. We wouldn't want him to get shocked and fall off his scooter, just like he fell off his treadmill. Heeeeeee.
    Last edited by the_self_of_all_selves; 05-22-2020 at 07:00 PM.
    Would there be this eternal seeking if the found existed?

Quote Originally Posted by the_self_of_all_selves View Post
    Fuck yeah! You bet that everyone here is jealous of me. In Ghana, the most popular mode of transport is goat. For us, this animal is pet, dinner, and transport.

Whoops, I actually shouldn't swear. Ponder hates swearing, and he might read these posts. We wouldn't want him to get shocked and fall off his scooter, just like he fell off his treadmill. Heeeeeee.

Monkey bikes. Someone keeps using a vehicle around here that backfires all the time, coughs and splutters, and generally sounds like it's about to die. I can hear it right now. I'm wondering if it's one of these things they call monkey bikes. I don't think they're legal.

Ok so Monkey Bike just means a type of Honda motorbike, not a cheap piece of crap that teenagers get around on illegally. Whatever this thing is though, it makes a lot of noise. We all know how much I love noise pollution.

My friend (who can't get a drivers licence because of his epilepsy, so rides a push bike everywhere and knows about this stuff) said it's probably a push bike with a lawn mower engine lol. The things people do..

-------

You are either completely in love with the Honda Z series or you have no idea what it is. For those in the latter category, here’s a quick intro (which will then be followed by a longer story about the origins of the bike). The Honda Z50 was a street-legal mini-bike whose popularity was a huge surprise to almost everyone. It had a 49cc engine, five-inch wheels, and the first US imports in 1968 looked like Honda was trying to bring Oompa Loompas to the Hell’s Angels. Or at least the beach branch.

It was also called the Honda Monkey, both affectionately and derogatorily. The name stems from what the rider looks like when seated on the bike. Arms and legs stick out at weird, sharp angles and, depending on the rider’s size, backs can hunch over almost as drastically, making the rider look like a circus monkey. Right about now, you should be thinking of the bike in Dumb and Dumber. While it’s not the right model bike, it’s almost the same riding posture.

Even if you’re a bike purist, you have to admit you see the attraction. As soon as you interact with a Monkey, you’re in a better mood. It’s a miniature, fuel-efficient machine designed entirely with fun in mind, and that’s a machine that only the blackest hearts among us can be upset with.

Last edited by gypsylee; Yesterday at 01:39 AM.

I've been cleaning, tidying and organising my house. Organising includes de-cluttering -- I have too much stuff for the size of the place and I can't stand clutter. It's not easy getting rid of things though and of course money is a factor. A few things I own are just ridiculously big. I've started really hating these things, namely the vacuum cleaner and microwave oven. I was just doing dishes and looking at the microwave and its size, thinking how f'ing stupid it is and how much space it takes up. I want one that can go on top of the fridge but my budget is really tight for the next couple of weeks at least. So I moved the damn thing to somewhere I can still use it but it isn't in my face and taking up precious kitchen bench space.

Also, just putting this here. Sometimes I hear something I really like while I'm doing other stuff.

https://youtu.be/tluuTU-6X-k

Holy crap, this has just been released on YouTube

Sorry Sinead (and Chris Cornell) but Prince wrote this and his performance of it is by far the best.

Nothing Compares 2 U -- Prince

https://youtu.be/1NarDEEhOsM