Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Lightbulb Does anyone get visual symptoms with their Health Anxiety?

Hello all!

Lately, I've been very focused on some visual symptoms I've been having and it's causing a significant amount of distress. It makes me feel as though something is seriously wrong with me. I've been having some visual trails, especially when its darker, sometimes (not often) a room will look kind of foggy. It feels like my eyes don't focus as well as they used to, and sitting at home really the lights seem a lot more orangey than they used to. Sort of like if you were to be somewhere real bright for a while and then go inside to a more dimly lit area. Only, it seems that way almost all the time.

I guess my question is just, has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Yes I do. I haven't had it for a while but when I first started having bad anxiety it felt like my whole world was a little dimmer than usual. Like literally everything that I could see. I also felt light headed all the time and had fuzzy vision at times. I take antidepressants now and that's helped me a lot. I do still get lightheaded and fuzzy vision sometimes but not as often.