Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Desperately need help of any kind

Hi there,
    my name is marl and I have joined here in the hope I can get help or advice to attempt to cope with anxiety/depression.
    I have suffered it for a long time and could just about cope with it. Recently though it's ramped up and is almost unbearable.
    It takes a lot of energy to do anything. Visit freinds, eating, art ( i am an artist so that is painful). All I want is to be unconcious. I feel like I have no appetite for anything and that is very frighening feeling. I feel close to tears and constantly have a hot feeling in my chest which insists on reminding me things are wrong. I guess I can talk about that here eventually, I don't really have any way to vocalise what I'm going through. I am pretty scared right now.
    sorry to waffle
    marl

I would start with visiting a doctor, then meditation (will calm you down) then maybe therapy if you are open to idea of talking to stranger about yourself. I am senior living with anxiety for whole life , Eventually you will change your response to stress. I know nothing about you. Maybe you are the person who like to talk to others and do calm this way.
    I am also an artist and we are super sensitive to surrounded world and situation. You will never lose your sensitivity and creativity, and this is good in my opinion. When the meds made me feel like zombie, I had switched to meditation. It was suggested to me but very original psychiatrist, a this time, He was very innovative ; helping people to manage health without the medication.
    It is very difficult to vocalize the way you feel. Believe me I was there , I felt everything you do . I am living with anxiety for 60 years and managing it ok . I still have days when I have to take meds cause of panic attack or heightened sensitivity but not that often.
    Welcome to the forum Marl. No many people are active here, but a lot of old timers come to check the threads.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Marll, have you ever seen a psychiatrist and/or a therapist before, and if so, how much and how long?

The good news, Marll, is that you don't have to fight your depression and anxiety issues all by yourself. Their are many mental health providers out there who would love to help you.

And we'd like to help you here on AnxietyForum.net as well, Marll.

Finding the will to continue during such times is what I often struggle with. What keeps me going is finding the smallest of sparks that I know from my own experiences have the potential to reignite my desire for whatever. Whilst the main consensus on forums such as these will be to encourage doctors and likewise professionals, I note that after decades of experience from psychiatrists to psychologists ... the only person that was able to drive me to any form of recovery was ... and is ... myself. Not discounting the information and or even drugs - the end result is and will always be the same for me; I am the one that can only help myself. Therefore I would more encourage you to find whatever sparks you can on your own merit when it comes to all forms of your health.

Tell your story in your own time; but do tell it. Tell it enough times and them maybe you can start making a new one - which is way better than living in the past and pining on the future. Such is the definition of anxiety.

Again ... find something that gives you even the slimmest of hope. For many that might just be a walk in one's back yard with a routine based on graduated outdoor exposure that in time may very well lead to more tolerance to assist with revisiting the more fun and healthier experiences.

No one is this forum is perfect - in fact many of are quite unstable. It's why I figure others are here. But to speak solely for myself, I get the part where you say that you wish your were unconscious and pretty much have no desire. Or as at least how I read.

Welcome to the forum! May you find yourself in your own time. No rush.

Marli is not here for the last 6 weeks . It was the only one post .......
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

A message in the bottle is better than no hope. One post in enough.