Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Anyone tried a garmin vivosmart 4

I read that these devices have an oxygen saturation meter.

I'd like to get an alarm every time my so2 is going up high so I can stop what I'm doing or change how I'm doing it

Not very expensive but also the mfr says not useful for medical conditions. However if its accurate enough I'll give it a go.

thanks

I've never heard of garmin vivosmart 4 before until now.

I learn something new everyday.

they use is in docs office, I think you put it on your finger and it measures the level of oxygen. I am old woman and I think I can give an advice; stop looking for devices to control your body. It controls itself and keep in balance
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

That's why I had to stop checking my blood pressure at home. I would get all worked up if it was higher than 120/70 and cause anxiety over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by salvator here View Post
    That's why I had to stop checking my blood pressure at home. I would get all worked up if it was higher than 120/70 and cause anxiety over nothing.
    I had stopped too, I have exactly the same reaction , It spikes up when i do measure
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Thanks folks,

It looks like I only hyperventilate when I am concentrating hard or giving a talk, so being able to monitor it means I can stop and take a rest when the numbers are going up.

That should get rid of all my symptoms, if I am right about the first bit which seems a no brainer now.

Seeing a shrink soon to confirm.

Would be interested in your comments about any of this .. thank you xx

Good decision, i am the same as soon as I focus on my body something is happening. I am for some time on CBD oil and it seems to stop the crazy heartbeat , It helps for anxiety. We have to take care of our body so when I do not feel ok ; first blood glucose, then blood pressure but only when i have problem to breathe
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

It is called pulse oximetry and when I go to my doctors office, they put it on my pointer finger and it measures my oxygen saturation level and pulse rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    It is called pulse oximetry and when I go to my doctors office, they put it on my pointer finger and it measures my oxygen saturation level and pulse rate.
    yes, but I forgot the name thanks Kirk
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore