Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Back again

Back again

I am not new to this Forum but I haven't been on here in a while. My anxiety goes in waves. There are times when I am just fine and then there are times when I can not function. I am a school counselor but I don't work at a typical school so I don't get time off like teachers do which stresses me out because there are times when I have flair ups of my anxiety and I need to take a day but I don't have enough hours to take off. My job is very stressful it definitely gives me the most anxiety. I work at a school inside a juvenile detention center so it's extra stress.
    The only positive is I have a loving and supportive husband. I am taking medicine for my anxiety and have been since 2002. I also go to an all women's anxiety support group which helps.

It's good to have you back, AG! It's good to have people like you that haven't been here at AnxietyForum.net for a while to come back.

WB what nick had you have before?
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Working at a school inside a juvenile detention center is a stressful job for anyone.

My friend is a prison guard at a prison here in Maryland and he at times is also stressed, but more sick of the crap he has to deal with sometimes. He has told me some stories and it is pretty screwed up to say the least.

It's a very, very safe bet to say that working as a prison guard is not for me.

However, everyone is different.

I have no idea how people can work in prisons, it must be so stressful...........
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I can't figure it out either, Dahila.