Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Therapists Can Teach You How To Identify If You're Getting Worse Emotionally

Their are lots of people in our world trying to cope with serious mental health issues, such as depression, PTSD and other anxiety disorders, bi polar disorder, schizophrenia, and more. Coping with these problems comes with it's emotional ups and downs.

But some are more aware of their emotions than others. Many people with mental health issues are very aware of when they're doing good as well as when they're starting to get emotionally unhealthy.

However, others with this terrible illness who, when they start getting sick, are often oblivious to to the fact that they're getting worse.

But a good therapist can teach you how to become more aware of how you're doing emotionally. They can teach you how to identify whether you're starting to get worse emotionally or not. And that increases the chances that you can identify if you're getting sick and get the help you need before it gets worse.

If you have mental illness, it's impossible to always know when you're getting sick. Even those who are very aware of their emotions can't always identify when they're getting depressed, manic, anxious, etc. Sometimes other people notice it about you before you do.

However, being able to identify if you're getting sick right away and get help for it decreases the chances that it will get way out of hand. And that's part of why counseling is helpful to so many with mental illness.
    Last edited by MainerMikeBrown; 10-07-2019 at 04:53 PM.

I agree with your assessment.

Nice post Mike, I agree with you as well.
    there is another thing. I have an eagle sight for people who suffer from that, I had helped tons of them.
    People open to me when they know I am dealing with anxiety
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore