Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    I do want to improve my cholesterol levels without medication.

you can easily. on 2016 I was diagnosed with Diabetes type II, I was on statins at this time, I stopped taking them and switched to keto diet , modified Keto diet, and I lost many pound and my cholesterol was improving, each test it was lower and lower. Finally I had not risk of anything what they push that cholesterol is causing. Which is BS in my opinion. Statins are the most prescribed medication in the world, Please tell me that doctors do not have some benefits when they prescribe it?
    My new doc said my cholesterol is perfect and he asked me to eat the way I do. I had not give him details.
    Keto is the answer, I do not even exercise ; your heart must beat the particular number in your life, No exercise will add extra beats. We are programmed , our dna is. Exercise is excellent with stress and anxiety management
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Unhealthy cholesterol levels can eventually lead to heart disease.

Quote Originally Posted by MainerMikeBrown View Post
    Unhealthy cholesterol levels can eventually lead to heart disease.
    This was debunked a decade ago My hubby have a high cholesterol but at the same time his HDL cholesterol is very high. The tests they make are false, You need to make test which will look different way na this problem. The density of cholesterol the size but who does make the tests; they are very expensive, I am sure rich people take specialized tests
    Cholesterol is produced by liver for the digestive reason. With too low cholesterol you can probably die not digesting proteins and microelements
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Dahila, a psychiatrist I used to see years ago told me that unhealthy cholesterol levels can lead to heart disease.

Nutrition is such an inexact science.

yes and JOhnson as a producer of Lipitor is paying a lot of money for misleading the people. https://youtu.be/Ehmoxgw4lt4 https://youtu.be/yX1vBA9bLNk
    https://youtu.be/SYlhG8_nZe0
    https://youtu.be/TSqHhy3LEKo
    https://youtu.be/TSqHhy3LEKo
    if you feel like watching some of the videos it would give you much better information than your psychiatrist. The second link is especially interesting
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Watched them all and now I don't know what to do. My bad cholesterol is high according to the doctor. How can I boost up the good cholesterol? Diet I guess. I don't trust fish oil over the counter.

eating fat will boost good cholesterol (HLD) not eating wheat products or sugar will lower your cholesterol, lower the ldl and higher the good one. do you have access to your results Sal? I print out mine so I can keep my attention on it,
    My new doc told me that it is enough if I take the cholesterol test once a year. important is the ration of HDL/LDL not the first number, How come doctors look at the number and they want to give you meds to what? They heal numbers?
    Statins thingy is a biggest scam in our time so is ADHD disease
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I just eat everything in moderation. The reason is that, in many cases, one study will find that one kind of food is bad for you. Then a second study finds that it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MainerMikeBrown View Post
    I just eat everything in moderation. The reason is that, in many cases, one study will find that one kind of food is bad for you. Then a second study finds that it's good for you.
    Absolutely, I think we should listen to our body too. It will tell us what we need
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore