Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    When I bought the truck new, my wife sort of gave me a hard time and said it was too expensive. I told her that I was 60 years old (I am now 63) and I work very hard and I should be able to buy something I really like and she did not say too much after that.

Today the weather here in Maine was nice, as it got into the upper 40's F. It was also very sunny.

As a result, I took advantage of the nice weather by going out for a long walk around my neighborhood.

I'm glad I did.

The weather is pretty nice here in Baltimore today. It may get into the 50's. Even though I have to work, it is good that there are no issues with the weather.

I'm glad that spring will be here in less than a month.

Miserable today snowing but only -1 Celsius
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I've gotten all my errands done today because I'll likely be stuck inside the house all day tomorrow, as we're supposed to get perhaps a foot of wet and heavy snow were I live.

I hope I don't lose my electricity tomorrow. It won't be a huge deal if I do. But I'd rather not have it go off.

I hate snow. When I was young I didn't care, but now that I am older, I hate large amounts of snow immensely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MainerMikeBrown View Post
    I'm glad that spring will be here in less than a month.
    I'm also looking forward to it, Mike. Walking outside in the heat for some reason is uplifting to my mood. I usually enjoy bringing my mp3 player along with me.
    Last edited by salvator here; 02-26-2020 at 03:20 PM.

Struggling to accept the things I can't change, you know how it goes and what they say. The only prayer I try to live by (I'm sober and have been for a while now). Just can't seem to gain acceptance for some reason, I still find myself back at square one every time I'm caught off guard. Its hard to explain. I don't have the insight lately to create a new thread.

I think I live in the past too much and I'm stuck in a time warp of when I was in my 30's (I'm 47) and I can't get those years back. I've degraded much since then, even though I was hardly doing well then by all accounts. I've become more withdrawn from society and the little social interaction increases the problem but trying to force becoming friendly is not natural for me. I don't react the same to typical social cues as others do and I silently study people and see my weaknesses and shortcomings. I'm very timid and shy. Far Too nice and kind and wear my heart of my sleeve. Sorry just complaining and babbling, I think. Thank you for putting up with it.

Sorry for the constant edits. Just struggling to stay coherent and make sense.
    Last edited by salvator here; 02-26-2020 at 03:19 PM.

feeling of guilt, I am there too, Our past is never leaving us. I know it is not possible to change but I do struggle like you Sal and it is already for over 30 years. nothing helps, the past always catch me in most unexpected ways. yes social interaction, the pretending to be friendly and happy is difficult. My social interaction are only on market once a week and they are limited to 2 or 3 hours of talking to customers. They ask questions I answer. Many people come to my booth to give me a hug and talk , it is so difficult. I am the happiest when left alone. I am so worry about going on coming Monday to Europe and the time in airplane when people will not leave me alone. It is my sunny completion
    Everyone wants to talk to me, it is kind of difficult to shot myself out. Then 3 weeks in Poland, with family, how will I survive all the talking??????? Keep your fingers cross Sall for me.
    It is really scary , The only consolation is I am not planing to go there again in this life.
    I talk to my bro every two weeks on Skype and I am exhausted after all
    I probably do understand what you are going through Sal
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore