Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Good Monday morning..

Its a little after 10AM here, anyway. Serious brain fog today. Was hoping the green tea would clear out the cobwebs...but NOPE. Thank god for spellcheck ;-)

Oh well, must Cary on regardless.

I do wish your grandchild well, it can't be easy, maybe things will start to improve for her once she gets adjusted to the new school. Its not easy to make friends sometimes, especially with the paranoia going on in the world. I can only imagine what the youth must go through these days, compare to when I was in school. Life is so different now and so much more complex.

You do sound so exhausted and frustrated, I can feel it in your writing.

Its too bad your business, that you enjoy so, and is your passion, has turned into something that drains your energy and frustrates you. I do hope things turn around and business picks up at the market. Perhaps sales will increase around the holidays.

Remember that advice you gave me in my thread about Radical Acceptance..

"go with the flow , with the current , Do not fight it"

I think about that every day. I'm not implying to give in and become a follower, rather, fight the good fight without sacrificing your own sanity. You voted and did your part. What more can you do?!

Don't lose hope, Dahila, that is all we have. Sure I do at times feel hopeless, too, but deep down I do still have (a little) hope that things will get better and this is temporary. Remember.. the pendulum always swings, in due time.

Be well, and I hope everyone has a nice week. The nights are starting to get a bit colder here but I quite enjoy the fall season. The crisp air and smells, and I love the pumpkin spike coffee :-)

~Sal

Thank you Sal I really appreciate your advice you just reminded me about sanity, Yeah I am not stopping to make my products , cause it gives me incredible satisfaction and is like different world , I go downstais and shot off everything Yesterday I made around 150 bath bombs tomorrow I will pack them , so many hours of rest from the miserable world we live in, I honestly hope we all be better soon thanks Sal
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I finally got a haircut. I got it yesterday.

Because of the coronavirus pandemic, I was too afraid to go to my hair dresser. Hence, my hair started getting long.

So finally I had my father cut my hair. He did a good job, I think.

Now I don't have to worry about that for a while.

An attractive woman around 36 cuts my hair every 5 or 6 weeks or so. She has 2 kids and is married. She recently asked for my cell phone and email as she is leaving.
    I have one daughter who is 30 and does not want kids, so I will never be a grandfather. A woman in my office building has 50 grandchildren and is around 64 or so.

Good Tuesday Morning all. First official day of Fall!

You're welcome, Dahila, anytime

My hair is also long, Mike, so is my grey beard an mustache. To tell you the truth, the lady the used to cut my hair retired in 2017. She was awesome. I didn't even have to say anything...she would just say hello and sit down and 'go to it'. She also did my mustache and eyebrows. She never asked a million personal questions or judged me when I was looking distressed or discombobulated. She really 'got' me. I think I'd been with her for years and years. Since she left I've gone to others and they make me feel uncomfortable. "Where do you work", "Are you married", personal questions that are none of their business. I'm looking pretty scraggly these days and need to take a chance again with someone new. Turning into a phobia now, I dread it.

Welcome back, Kirk, always good to see you Like your daughter, I never wanted kids either, I don't think I would've been a very good parent. I was never stable enough on my two feet, let alone raise a child in this world.

Its a little after 10AM and I'm sitting here drinking some blueberry tea. MY therapist will call me today and I've no idea what to say really. In some ways I've made (some) progress, other ways I feel as though I've stepped backward. 1 step forward and 2 steps back it seems with me. Maybe I shouldn't see it that way - i know...i know! I'm trying to let go of all the meaningless crap that is wasting my energy/space in my head. I go around very preoccupied with things that I shouldn't. I carry a LOT of baggage. We'll see, what it comes down to, is, do I tell her everything, or just touch on things and brush over the real issues. Today I don't feel in the mood to spill my guts, so I think I'll just keep it light.

Have a good one everyone

EDIT:

I wrote:

"We'll see, what it comes down to, is, do I tell her everything, or just touch on things and brush over the real issues. Today I don't feel in the mood to spill my guts, so I think I'll just keep it light."

I did in fact spill my guts.. sigh Just sort of happened as the conversation progressed. She is concerned that I'm ruminating over the past too much and I'd have to agree. Honestly nostalgia is BAD for me. Looking back only brings me pain, but I can't seem to stop :-( Trouble is, I suppose I want it back, what I lost. Perhaps I regret the most drinking away almost 10 years of my life with little memory and that time is lost. As I sit here tonight trying to wind down, I feel a bit of sadness coming over me that I'm trying to shake off. I did get outside today but it was a struggle tbh. Very preoccupied to say the very least. Oh well.. almost bed time and tomorrow is another day. When all else fails, pull the covers up over my head Lol!
    Last edited by salvator here; 09-22-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Hi guys. Sal past always bring pain,
    I manage my past with meditation, It is the only thing that calms my mind and I can go to sleep . I have very limited time here so I have not time to focus on past or the future, Just now , and here. here and now. Past is gone, future is not here yet so we should forcus on today. It helps to give some appreciation for the new day and before night, I really does
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Good Thursday morning, everyone. Just after 10AM here!

Its prune juice for me this morning...ugh...Lol!!

Yes, Dahila, I also meditate throughout the day to bring myself back into the here and now; try to ground myself when I trail off too far in my thoughts. You're right, focusing on the past is fruitless, so is looking up ahead into the future really because that causes worry for me. When I find myself allowing that thinking, I miss out on the here and now and I don't like that. We all never know when our time is up and we should appreciate every waking moment above ground!

The weather is going to be nice here today - in the 70s bright and sunny. I want to get outside and enjoy the last remaining days left of nice Fall weather and walk a bit. Not too far but just enough to take in the beautiful scenery. The sun and fresh air does wonders for me

I hope everyone is doing well and having a good week thus far.

Take good care

Good day everyone, just after 10AM!

Finally Friday YAY!!

I hope everyone had a nice week!

The weather here is going to be super nice this weekend - in the 70s - bright and sunny! Good chance to get some steps in and enjoy it while it lasts, for it won't be long, we'll be freezing our asses off Lol

And on that note.. other than that. no set in stone plans, just see what happens, I guess, this weekend. Nothing wrong with relaxation whilst being energized. I hope to try and find something to get excited about. I REALLY want new clothes, but I hate shopping in public. What I currently am wearing doesn't fit me anymore. I look frumpy.. Haha!!

I hope everyone here at AF has a nice, healthy, anxiety free weekend!

Take good care..

~Sal

OK.. here's one for ya..

~~Do you know what Hannibal Lecter calls someone in a really good mood? A happy meal!~~

PS - Dahila, I hope this weekend at the market proves to be better than last week for you.
    Last edited by salvator here; 09-25-2020 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Dahila :)

The autumn leaves on the trees are looking quite nice right now here in southern Maine.

Were I live, we usually don't get that many colors during September. And the peak leaves here are usually around October 15th or so.

At this rate, the peak around here this year will be a bit earlier than normal. That's fine with me.

Good Monday everyone!

About 69 °F Cloudy today.

Wishing everyone here at AF a good day and week ahead.

~Sal