Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    I keep my fingers crossed that is not going be too much
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

It's great to be able to see a local mechanic who is competent at auto repair work and who is honest. He's been my mechanic for many years.

If he is honest keep him. I had a guy, Canadian guy who was fixing my car, even my English at this time was not so good. He was fantastic one, no problem to understand me and I trusted him completely. Mike was his name is a great , honest person
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I have kept him as my mechanic for a long time, and I'll continue to do so.

I stopped going to my honest Mike when my hubby moved in, He had a huge business, autobody shop )
    I told him that we do not need two cars. but he is so scared of taking me shopping that he keeps rebuilding new cars for me
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I have flown probably over 100 times and I take a half of a Valium before I fly because sometimes I get a bit dizzy from the motion and the pill helps me quite a bit. I am not afraid of the plane crashing even though I have been involved with a few instances while flying which I will not go into unless I am requested to do so. I once sat near a Southwest Airlines pilot who told me how safe flying really is and that helped me quite a bit.

I will tell one story that is not bad. My wife and I were flying out of BWI airport here in Baltimore in January 2019, on a direct non-stop flight to Phoenix Arizona. There was a snow storm the day before which continued into the morning of our flight. We were worried the plane would not take off. We boarded the plane on time and since there was ice, the plane had to be de-iced. After the deicing, the pilot came out in the isle and looked out the windows on each side and said he wanted to make sure the wings looked OK before takeoff and he said all looks good. We took off right into the snow storm and all was fine. The takeoff was a bit bumpy, but we were all OK and you will be too. I would not worry.

I have a 2017 Honda Ridgeline and I always take it to the dealer I bought it from as I have an extended warranty and so far I have been treated very fairly by them and have not been charged a few times when I had some minor issues. Many dealers however, I have found to be too expensive and a rip off, so I stay away from them if possible.

I've never owned a brand new vehicle before. I've always owned pre-owned vehicles (which is a fancy word for used vehicles).

yep honda ridegeline is an awesome truck , My cars are preowned too but he gets them pretty early and with very low mileage. Usually they are still on dealers guarantee, Honestly I do not like changing the cars so often. I like the routine
    Dealers are blood succers
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore