Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not available
    Last edited by The Scottish Pedro; 11-06-2021 at 06:38 PM.

Have you gone back to NeoGaf since, Pedro?

Honestly, I've lost track of the forums I've been banned from.. Lol

Sometimes they're not worth going back to really. Sometimes its that kick in the butt that gets you to search for something better. Just a thought.

Take care

Well said Sal ... same boat and mindset here. Sometimes I think the forums run better without Mods. That way you can tell the trolls where to go in the only way they understand.

Forums with mods who enforce the rules too strictly often lose people. Their should be some leeway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    Well said Sal ... same boat and mindset here. Sometimes I think the forums run better without Mods. That way you can tell the trolls where to go in the only way they understand.
    Perhaps I was a little too strong with that. I mostly advocate that there is much more positive results in allowing members to sort out their own problems without power trippers that often put their own egos first. It's best that we be afforded the privilege to trip over our own egos first. That way when we wish to seek amends, we do that on our own two feet. Self moderation with a few mature peers looking on is way more beneficial to any form of community than rigid mind sets that do more banning and admonishing that anything else. Something like that. When we are on equal ground we tend to be more tolerant and understanding. I know others have done this for me in this forum and I have grown from it as a result. I still have issues ... but I think my point stands. Vise versa. We are very fortunate that this forum is still running. Is not about the numbers here, but more about the connections being made. Matters little if it's not as popular as other forums. For me and a few others, this place is like on oasis. (I hope is the case for many others but again; not about the numbers) We just enjoy as long as it lasts. I too don't last long in other places. I now find those forums over rated where I quickly become more lonely despite the numbers; more so is said places. Here we can be our own nut cases on our own terms. Where else can we do that? ... OK ... Best I just talk for myself on that front but yea - this place rocks! But quietly so like a gathering in the back waters on a small porch with the best view of all.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-13-2021 at 12:32 PM.

I agreed with everything you wrote.

We're lucky to have our little cozy corner...off to the side and away from the typical chaotic forums. Honestly and truthfully.. as far as mental health type forums go for me.. here and only 1 other and that's it. I'm not seeking another of this type. We are a small group now, but we do have a connection. I do hope AF will continue, though, sometimes I'm amazed we are still going. I suspect people are opposite and enjoy a more active forum. I will admit, I do enjoy the off topic sub-forums (games and distractions) that isn't quite as popular here. Sometimes silly harmless meaningless banter lightens my mood on days when insight just isn't there. Although, posting with teenagers on socialanxieysupport (very busy) reminds me I could be their dad I left a long time ago. I'm not babysitting for free...Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    Here we can be our own nut cases on our own terms. Where else can we do that? ... OK ... Best I just talk for myself on that front but yea - this place rocks!
    Haaaaaaaa....again, I would have to concur

I was in a forum back then and it was, I dunno, the feeling was somewhat heavy unlike here. So, thank you people. Bless us all!
    !

Hi Mindalex. It can be up and down here as well - but for the most part the space here offers a lot more freedoms. Glad you feeling good vibes.

Have a great day everyone