Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Panic 468x60
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down I want to take two of my former support workers to court...

Now, I get that you most likely do not offer legal advice, so you may not be sure of how to help, and I hope my story here does not come across as a confusing, rambling manifesto either. But I don't want a lawyer. In fact, I finished with my previous lawyer, as he never kept me out of jail. I'd represent myself if I have to.

Basically, I had two women removed from my support rota like 5 or so years ago, amid concerns I was obsessing over them. One of them is Spanish and she used to be my key worker. I've got a form of autism referred to as a Pervasive Development Disorder, and so I feel lonely. Before they were taken off my rota, they kind of started being nasty to me after initially being very nice, probably to try to put me off from 'hitting on' them, I assume, and I did not want to speak up about their attitude adjustment, in case they got removed. After they were removed regardless, the people in charge (called the "Seniors") lied and said they were still my support workers, and that they were just busy, and I was in a flat where they supported me. Clearly, I knew they were lying. The ladies were removed at separate times, but in both situations, the lies the bosses told me were practically similar each time. Even before that carry on occurred with these two ladies, I got abused by a male worker who pretended to know my ex, and the higher-ups were informed about him sending me emails with a fake name. But I really don't know if he left or got fired, because they never spilled the beans. He did admit to me personally that he was doing that, which is really creepy.

I once asked my key worker why she wanted to work with autistic people...and she said it's because she got "bored". I'm not kidding - she said that!

Anyway, I got angry about losing them, because I did really like them as people, and so I lashed out at the staff over and over again, because I lost my cool. Eventually, I got remanded in jail for breaching my bail terms prior to a court appearance, because I kept on contacting them trying to make amends, and I was even assaulted in jail. After I attempted to offer an apology, which is something I've actually attempted over and over again in vain, I got remanded once more. It made me feel like garbage and I haven't felt happy in years now. I've actually not even got a social life any more, and I struggle to go on buses or visit a shop, and social services did not bother trying to find me decent, alternative help, and they probably just view me as a "problem" nowadays.

The year after, the head of the agency duped me into ending my tenancy, by getting me to sign a blank piece of paper. When I rang up the council, what they told me about my so-called rent arrears did not match what she said. It seems that they simply chose not to take any accountability over what they did.

This occurred in March of 2015. The court had me living with my parents and I ended up stuck there for years, until I got the flat I am in now. Then a few months after I lost my other [supported] flat, I got remanded in jail for 3 months, as the court fully committed me for trial for breaching a supervision order. Due to emails I sent, where I said dirty things (but I was just venting), the jail decided to send me to a prison 50 miles from home unexpectedly, and I had to share a cell with sex offender types and my mother nearly had a stroke after she found out I'd been carted off to Barlinnie. The sheriff that was dealing with this garbage corrected the false accusation, but you obviously know that lies like that can be very hurtful.

Last year, I contacted the former key worker of mine, who split up with her partner. I had no idea they had separated. I contacted him too, to ask what his problem with me is, as he badmouthed me on Facebook before, but I generally did not say anything nasty. So months later, cops put a card through my door saying they wanted to see me and they were from West Lothian, in Scotland. Eventually, I agreed to be interviewed with my solicitor present. After all, they never give up until they have talked to you, right?

The sheriff in Livingston wanted to get a social report, which is often what they do to get the "facts" of what happened. So I saw them and obviously, instead of doing the smart thing and saying what the social workers wanted to hear, they likely just wrote back to the court that I'm obsessed or that I'm bound to commit analogous offending, as I'd been getting reported by other people in the past over petty incidents to do with social media.

I got sentenced to 70 days in jail 'due to my circumstances' on 17 August, and I was sent to HMP Addiewell, because my former key worker resides in that general area. In jail, they gave me paperwork as well, refusing me an early release via the HDC option. So that made the third different jail I was incarcerated in, after Edinburgh and Barlinnie. Anyway, I had to go to court yet again on 2 October for not carrying out 120 hours of community service to do with a different matter altogether, which stems from me pestering a former pop star on Twitter earlier in 2018. Although I sent him money as an apology with PayPal, he was very cold and nasty, but I was not supposed to contact him again. The GP I'm with stalled giving me a medical note to excuse me from doing the work, but the sheriff dealing with that matter was not the same one as who sentenced me in August, but she was made aware that I was serving time in jail. She gave me a concurrent sentence which lasted to 7 December, but the police gate arrested me on the morning I was meant to be liberated, over something else they wanted to interview me about. Fortunately, I was taken home as they had no evidence.

Now I feel fed up and like my life is essentially over. At home, all I do is sit in front of the laptop all day long. It depresses me. Some of the staff members in jail were not nice either. And I recently posted a complaint form about my current (or former?) social worker, as people in jail tried to contact him and it seems he finalized my care package months ago without even telling me. Yet when I contacted him on the phone once after not hearing from him in ages, he made out he wanted to see me at my flat, but I could sense he was fobbing me off. He is a liar, but anyway: I want to know how to get the ball rolling on having these ex helpers taken to court. The law is definitely corrupt, and sometimes I think I'd be better off never attempting to get a social life.

I am so sorry you had to go through it,
    yes there is not justice and very difficult to get one. I am in Canada and we went through courts after awful accident, There is nothing worse that dealing with today justice system. I can only support you here and listen (read) to you. I am sure someone will pop in and maybe help you with some insights
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    I am so sorry you had to go through it,
    yes there is not justice and very difficult to get one. I am in Canada and we went through courts after awful accident, There is nothing worse that dealing with today justice system. I can only support you here and listen (read) to you. I am sure someone will pop in and maybe help you with some insights
    Now Dahila knows what she is talking about

I’ve missed her and she makes great soaps
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe

yeah Dahila makes not only great soaps, but great lotions, awesome shampoos and she is an excellent cook, Can get anyone with my cooking
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Unhappy

Thanks. And I am really glad that people out there understand why I feel the way I do, having been through similar situations themselves.

It just really disgusts me how this legal system never looks at the bigger picture, or the overall perspective of what truly happened, and they just decide to stick a guy like me in the slammer, only to release me after months of that with outstanding debt problems, because they stop your benefits in jail because "Her Majesty" provides for you, and all this anxiety, and depression, and a growing concern that I am without a decent future, is just making me feel like it is pointless to do anything.

Year after year, it only gets worse, because I do nothing but sit online all day long most of the time. Now I even have idiots on YouTube making videos mocking me, because I defended this guy who likes the Resident Evil games, and even he turned on me because I said inappropriate things about America, which I won't repeat here. It was really bad what I said, though, and it had no business being brought up in a debate about a video game franchise. Anger makes me say things I normally would not say, yet all this carry on was initially a result of them mocking him, and I was defending his views, because I like the content he uploaded to his channel. The thing is, in those videos where I was bashing them back, I held a toothbrush to the camera and pretended it was a microphone. It was really meant to be funny, I guess, but I honestly look back at that stuff and view myself as a bit of a tit, because in another video, I had a stray mouse running in my bath tub, and I explained how I had caught it by putting a rubbish bag in my bath, so I could capture it in a container and release it afterwards. Mice cannot climb up a slippery surface.

Considering this Nemesis fellow went all 180 degrees, and kidded on their mockery did not bother him, the end result is that I made myself look incredibly foolish, and for too many years, trolls on the Internet have done so much damage to my mental health, as well as my online reputation. Nemesis just did that to save face, because they were basically slagging him off for repeating himself. If he kept on reacting to what they were saying, that would make him look bad, so he chose to rise above it, and now everything is okay between all three of these babies. Either way, he does not spew out angry thoughts as often these days, but he must have blocked me on YouTube. My comments only show up if I log in. They do not show up otherwise. Hereby, I know he has blocked me.

Two users (one of which is known as Renegade Operative) made a series of videos, but I cannot post every single one. This is because me and this Nemesis guy stated we did not like what Capcom (the creators of Resident Evil) were doing to that particular series. This was just our views. Right? That is the issue with immature content creators. If you do not support their niche, well, you are going to get backlash over it.

It almost feels like I am living, but that is all I am doing. Here I am alive, with absolutely nothing to look forward to, and I don't trust support workers anyway. So even if I had support, I think there are too many cons and not enough pros. They don't even answer to their clients. They humour people and say what you want to hear, only to turn around and blab to social workers or their bosses.

The court basically does not care about anything other than making sure those women are kept safe and happy, or whatever it is. They could have giving me supervision again for breaching the Non Harassment Orders, but I declined that. I am trying to get new helpers, somehow. Do you really think I want some court appointed watchdog being a spiteful ass again? No.

Now that I have taken the time to read up properly and despite having mixed feeling as I've been on both sides of the fence; (Disability Support Worker and now receiving Support myself) I'll share my thoughts.

Break the law and you go to goal. Sounds simple enough, right? However many of us here know it can be a lot more complex than that. People tend to play down the amount of Police Intervention with regard to Social Media, however such intervention is now quite common place with regard to social media. In fact I recently endured an episode where a family member was threatened with police action, if they did not stop contacting an unwilling participant . It matters little what is said; or not. If a person keeps repeatedly contacting another who does not want to be contacted; the police can be called in. Having the police step in regardless of what happens is just another black mark that is taken into context later when looking back on a case.

I mention the above as a legal fact or more so to give more of an objective overview ... without meaning to make any judgment to one's events. I now do the same with the following comment:

With regards to 'making amends', I think about steps 8 & 9 as refereed to in a recovery program used for alcoholics and drug addicts:

• Step Eight: Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
    • Step Nine: Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

Once again these points I make I do so as objectively as I can from my own experience. I don't mind saying whatever the fuck I want in forums like these, however on FB, I know all too well how the system uses such to keep tabs on all. It's a play ground were people can BS, but they do so at their own risk. Employers, Real estates, Welfare and other 'so called' Protection Agencies use FB as a first point of call when investigating individuals. (More like sheep) It's how the game is play. If you play games on FB long enough ... expect to get caught. I only use it as the bare minimum to keep in touch with family members that do not use other forms of internet messaging. Sometimes I get sucked in ... but then quickly remind myself how FB is used to provide people with a platform that allows all forms of abuse - much of which fits into our own fallibilities as humans ... more so our compulsive disorders and addictions. Fact is we bring most of the shit on ourselves. FB just makes that an easier thing. lol

This is why I use FB less and less ... and abide by step 9 above. Anything less is self destructive.

Moving on:

So you have no care package now I take it? It's all run out and you are not in a position to be granted another?

Generally when you have a history of police intervention and incarceration, that makes ongoing assistance less warranted. Not unless it has been many years and one's condition in fact being supported and currently stable. Such stability regardless of disability is actually a prerequisite for anyone looking to receive welfare assistance of any form. More so when warranting health care packages. In fact I am in a redress case for victims of abuse that have their claims forfeit if they have spent X amount of time in prison. Oh the irony. I've been in a couple of prisons myself, but thankfully my so called sins did not warrant more than 5 year. I still think that clause is rather pious regardless of the crime when considering act vs impact ... but hey, I digress. I will say though ... and I will try to put it mildly. ... "being in prison next to sex offenders or others that we deem to be less than our fake sense of self, is yet just another ploy in which we pass the buck without having had any true reflection on ourselves." It keeps us blaming others and also distracted from the real issues of societal oppression. I leave that talk to my other thread ... let's consider the corruption in the work place as pertains to Disability services.

High Needs Clients. I bet you have heard of that one. Some you can only do so much to help. It then comes down to the wiliness of participant. Despite my own Resistance, Ramblings and Frustrations regardless of fault or imperfect system, it really does come down to how we play the game. Rules are rules. If for whatever reason (minus the sad and sordid stories) if one is an unwilling participant ordered by the courts and thus an involuntary patient ... then yes ... one is truly fucked. Your a prisoner in your own home. But there is another way you could look at it. There is a way to grow from such a low point ... but not when caught up in our own sense of injustice. I've been prisoner and still trying to escape that deluded sense of self for a very long time.

This reminds me, I need to make a call today regarding my own supports. "Do I want to participate or do I not?" If I don't like the drama one organisation vs another, or one worker vs another, then I will take charge and make the choice to move from one to the next ... or even inform the so called system, that I no longer want it's support. The thing is once you are walk out of prison, it's your choice in which direction you go next. Steps 8 and more importantly 9 come to mind and whatever you do ... by very Very careful with FB. I chuckle somewhat thinking on that. We really are responsible regardless of all our limitations, labels, defects, or any other excuse embedded or projected.

Forgive my ramblings ...

I'd suggest if you really feel like you could get some solace from taking action re your own story, that you consider making a formal complaint instead of pissing in the wind re court. From what you have said here, I doubt anyone would take it seriously. To make a case of abuse you will have to outline in great detail having a good knowledge on the companies policies and list all the relevant breaches of conduct in accordance with the establishments health codes and practices. (research research & more research) It goes on from there and quite a task to achieve. I have done it several times with good outcomes as both support worker and client. Perhaps having support of others and decades experience with a high sense of justice helps ... but I also see in the latter how that can play into such a toxic system. Finding balance is where it's at. lol ... I actually have one last formal complain to lodge re one of the mental health facilities in my local area. That one has been in action for about a year and only just now moving up the ladder where one can hope that some kind of lesson will take place for all concerned. Yadda yadda and yadda.

I best make some calls regarding my own supports.

Thanks for the stimulating post.

Keep positing if it helps.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-16-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Exclamation

Sadly, no. I have no proof whatsoever. They were not stupid enough to have anything written down, and the abuse was normally happening during one to one kind of situations. Or in other words, the abuse was all done verbally. Nobody witnessed this, other than people who would probably lie to cover up for their current, or former co-workers. And like I said before, I was scared that if I told the people in charge of my rota what my key worker was saying, I would have had her taken away, and obviously these feelings were compounded over the fact I had a soft spot for her, that soon escalated into me being really infatuated with her. So if I attempted to sue them, or at least point out that what they did was wrong, I would be slaughtered, giving my history of getting arrested and not complying with court orders. It would be like a one-legged man thinking he could win a butt kicking contest.

The other guy I mentioned supported me from 2008 to 2010. He has nothing to do with what happened with the ladies. But I do worry that the wrong sort of people are gaining employment as care workers, and sending a guy like me abusive messages from adverts about my ex-girlfriend should have ensured that he never got to work in a similar field again. Although I did get back with my ex in 2012 and all she did was bully me into buying her things like an iPod, and once she went with me along a canal and told me she would come right back from going to use a toilet at a friend's house, only to stand me up. Just thinking of all this abuse they all put me through makes my blood boil, because in spite of my autism, I am a really laid back person who just wants to fit in and gain all these opportunities that a normal person takes for granted. She was the only girlfriend I have really had as well, and other than these support workers, I never had much of, if any social life at all. There is no point in me joining dating websites either, and even sex workers I find have a bad attitude.

And the court does not care about my younger sister either. My sister had a lawyer over a year ago, but he got ill and died. She went through a lot of lawyers before that, and she still has not had him replaced. Furthermore, she last seen her eldest son in 2013 when he was 4 years of age. He will be 12 next year, so hopefully he will be able to come visit her by himself. It is not all bad, yet. It is something I can only say loosely, but it is not all bad. But considering all the time my sister has missed with her son, no words can describe how awful that is for a mother.

What baffles me is, that due to some threat, her ex is not allowed to have the older kid overnight, yet he has their youngest son full-time now. My sister still gets to see him, but only supervised. There is somebody there. Before her ex got him, he had been with foster parents for what was not even a year.

My older sister lost her partner in 2017. So as you can see, my whole family has been affected by social workers. He hanged himself and my sister and his friend did not get to go to his funeral. I think he did that on purpose to protect my sister, over some garbage social workers made up about him. He met me in 2002 when I worked in a shop that he was employed for at the time, and I did not see him again for many years. In fact, the shop we worked in closed down a long time ago.

It just sucks that I trusted these people and they went 180 degrees on me. My life has sucked ever since. Now some disgruntled people go slandering me online so I cannot even get a part as an extra in a short film. All this crap is just too much hassle, and there is no point.
    Last edited by The Scottish Pedro; 01-16-2019 at 09:15 PM.

I'm feeling hopeful that your at least sharing as much. It takes courage to tell it like so. This kind of drama is not healthy to be holding onto. Better out than in I always say. Kudos to you for trying to find something you enjoy doing regardless of what others may or may not think.

Yeah. We need a 'like' button on here!

The day that happens is the day I finally leave for good. This mental health forum is unique to other mental health forums in that way. That said I can name several popularized culture driven forums that have that as their man feature.

Basically some forum developers like to encourage people to express their opinions with a little more effort than one click. It also allows for positive vulnerability (growth) whilst also negates negative contrasting that comes from not 'enough' likes which only feeds addiction ... sadly some forums go as far to allow for dislike which in a mental health forum is just creating more pain.

Now from a YouTube culture point of view I get that attraction of like and subscribe, and even though I have made a few vids myself ... it's not my kind of motivation. It does more to lower my confidence and see people acting like clowns than really being themselves. Of course that's not a bad thing for people who want to be a clown and for those looking to watch them.

I'm just saying, this forum is great the way it is. The last thing we want to do is turn the forum into Facebook or Twitter. Perhaps a mental health diary section would be nice. Other forums do have a section for people to journal, but the moderation is generally over the top seeing people with mental health issues 'controlling' other people with mental health issues. (A problem we have in many communities outside the internet.) An imperfect system if you will. I find a good medium exists here in that this forum is purely self moderated. Peers mostly on the same level without the need to tote an admin/moderators hat or silly icons to match (... or abandoned and not by choice ... I feel the owner or admin pops in from time to time??? What do others think?) If you want YouTube like interaction, then is best to stick to YouTube, same with FB and Twitting. This is more a forum where people can express in the only way they know how. They are afforded the space to say whatever they want.

In that regard let's not change a thing. If someone likes a post and wants to express it, then they can choose to either do more than left click or actually type nothing. If unable to do so, then perhaps they are better off in those culturally driven forums. In this forum, people don't need to be driven according to how many people like them. Of course that is the way we are conditioned. Just yet another unhealthy aspect of living. Let's leave that aspect to the other forums where popularity is more important than the core of peoples problems.

Although this may be just my opinion, I know a couple of others in here that feel similar. These be close friendships that have now spanned a number of years.

Anyways Pedro ... you have me curious? What is the age difference between you and this support worker that you liked? You male she is female? You remind me of my younger days when I was homeless and fell for a social worker. Hmmm ... actually I think it was the other way around, but that's another story I write about some other time. Perhaps best not to entertain it if it's still all fresh and maybe lead you back into some kind of trouble re trying to making unwanted contact. I was just curious. Those kind of relations rarely work out for the best.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-17-2019 at 01:48 PM.