Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

at my whits end with shortness of breath feeling

Hi everyone, so for the last few months everyday i have had the feeling of shortness of breath its like i feel like i cant get that full satisfying breath. I try to do this even when i am just sat doing nothing and my throat feels tight and sore. I am known to have bad health anxiety for the last 8-10 years and i also have asthma but this was diagnosed the same time my anxiety was. My peak flow 600-650 all the time and never really changes and the doctor has changed my inhaler a couple times in the last few months based on what i have described. My diet is also very poor as is my sleep pattern
    Any suggestions or input if you have had this and what helps would be great, as you know with anxiety and asthma you always think the worst and think something is wrong
    in the last 2 weeks i have also joined the gym and done yoga and tai chi and during these classes i have never had to use my blue rescue inhaler either.
    Thanks for reading

Water, water and more water at regular intervals. Less stress, but I hear ya re the anxiety. Srry your having to deal with this. It's always easier for others to say.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

ask your doc to put you on small dose of Symbicort for me it is a miracle medication , no rescue inhaller needed at all. Do you tend to have round back when you sitting? All people with asthma have this tendency. I have asthma from probably my birth, Now it changed into COPD but mild case and Symbicort gave me my life back. Running twice 24 stairs and getting slight shortness of breath. Exercise is good
    You need to watch not to get cold cause it is the worst.
    Believe me with asthma you will have health anxiety, there is not way out of it, The fear that you can not breathe is awful. I had probably more asthma attacks in my life than average asthma sufferers, Today I am old woman and had not have one in the last 30 years, But like Ponder said , I drink a lot of water, do not use sugar or junk food, I eat a lot of veggies, and it helps.
    Avoid stress, I know it sound crazy , I can not avoid it anyway, But try it , please. maybe you will be the one to be successful
    There you go I am the person who had an asthma and anxiety, Who will understand you better. Good luck with everything
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore