Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Hybrid View

Constant death anxiety on period

I felt I desperately needed to find people to talk to about this..I have had alot!!! Of stress this year and up till now coped ok with it .last month I noticed myself getting very emotional on lead up to period and constantly over thinking and worrying about silly things
    But last week a few days before period started i started thinking about death and how long i have left and my mum..it doesn't matter what I do how much I try to think about anything else my brain goes back to it and I can't stop.my heart races like made,I shake,I cry it has been 6constant days now
    I feel like I am losing my mind and don't know how to stop

PMS find something to do and stop focusing on you so much, eat a piece of chocolate, Every woman on this planet feels sadness and depression few days before the period, If you can not manage like world population of woman do, go to doctor... In today world with a lot of resources on internet , I found your post bizarre, Nevertheless welcome to the forum
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    PMS find something to do and stop focusing on you so much, eat a piece of chocolate, Every woman on this planet feels sadness and depression few days before the period, If you can not manage like world population of woman do, go to doctor... In today world with a lot of resources on internet , I found your post bizarre, Nevertheless welcome to the forum
    I am 38 years of age and have had one for over 25 years so I know it is not just pms,this is the reason that I have took the courage to try to talk to someone about how I feel..it is not a case of wanting chocolate to feel better.this is completely taking over my life..I have never felt like this in my life and it's terrifying me
    It has came on overnight and every single waking moment I can not stop thinking about death and losing my loved ones
    10 years ago in the space of 10 months i lost my father,2 grandma's ,grandad,uncle and I got divorced i managed through all of that but now for some reason this is happening
    Last edited by Soniarees; 12-26-2018 at 12:08 PM.

Maybe you had a change in your life, or relationship, it seems that you are depressed, and you can talk to people about it, but you are the only one with power over it, You can change the way you feel. I found that listening this gentleman and following his advice helped me a lot , Just in case if you wonder I am old woman, and still kicking, major anxiety disorder and insomnia as long as I remembe3r
    link; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQkzhyXEc-0&t=16s
    I do meditate even if I have to wait 5 or 10 minutes in the car, or doctor waiting room. Otherwise I would not be able to drive or function
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I like the pauses he takes D. Very effective in helping me to slow down.

Srry I have nothing insightful to say at this point.

Other than it's easy to list all the problems, but much harder to find solutions. The more I practice being proactive, the easier it becomes. Bit like mediation. Simple but not easy. Takes practice.

Try looking into strength based langue as it pertains to one's mental health. Negative speech is something we all tend to do when feeling so low. Just make a little effort to choose your words more optimistically yet keeping things real. Doing so over time, can really go a long way to helping us change the way we think (and the way we write) ... usually for a more favorable outcome.
    Last edited by Ponder; 12-27-2018 at 05:59 AM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post

Srry I have nothing insightful to say at this point..

Haha. That made me smile. I think of you and Dahila often and I just wanted to post the love I feel for you 2 and say hi.

Oh yea, off your topic, sorry... Learn to watch the drama you create based on impulses and compulsions. Have the courage to not act on that which compells strongly, and sit through the fear and sickness of that inaction. On the other side has always been the answers. You may still have a somewhat anxious body but the mind and spirit will be set right through correct beneficial thinking. I promise.

We all must eventually like ourselves.

Love M.
    Stay strong
    Last edited by Im-Suffering; 01-20-2019 at 06:57 AM.
    "Each person alive helps paint the living picture of civilization as it exists at any given time. Be your own best artist. Your thoughts, feelings, and expectations are like the living brush strokes with which you paint your corner of lifes landscape. If you do your best in your own life, then you are helping to improve the quality of all life. Your thoughts mix and merge with others, to form man's living-scape, providing the vast mental elements from which physical events will be formed"

Nothing gave me more pleasure today that see you M. huge grin on my face, Do you know that I keep our last email to read it from time to time, We never forgot you and we love u too. I am speaking in Ponder name too. When I remember the start of our conversation , I can not believe......the patch we took Happy to see you, your elegant writing, very much So!!
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    Nothing gave me more pleasure today that see you M. huge grin on my face, Do you know that I keep our last email to read it from time to time, We never forgot you and we love u too. I am speaking in Ponder name too. When I remember the start of our conversation , I can not believe......the patch we took Happy to see you, your elegant writing, very much So!!
    Luv u D

Best always
    M
    "Each person alive helps paint the living picture of civilization as it exists at any given time. Be your own best artist. Your thoughts, feelings, and expectations are like the living brush strokes with which you paint your corner of lifes landscape. If you do your best in your own life, then you are helping to improve the quality of all life. Your thoughts mix and merge with others, to form man's living-scape, providing the vast mental elements from which physical events will be formed"

Hey M,

Always a nice surprise to see you pop in, although I wish it were more often. Sniff sniff

Hows things been your end?

Sounds like good advice. Definitely a hard practice but rewards well once mastered.

Still waking up this end. Zzzzzzzz. Hope your àble to hang about the place but understand if not.

It's much quieter in here these days. Not that some of us mind. It's actually more preferable in my case.

Zzzzzzzz going back to sleep. Was good to see you again. Hope your able to stay for a whiles.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/