Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Panic 468x60
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thank you Dahila. I hope it gets easier one day.

I often reflect when alone and ask myself what went wrong and when.. what would it take to put things back together (If I was ever "together" - can't recall as such)

I recall days when I had my act totally together, mentally. I was carefree and living a great life. I miss those days. I don't spend time asking "what went wrong"? I could never figure that out and I am not sure I want to. I made mistakes but they are water under the bridge at this point. I just want to feel better.

Thanks Kuma..

Yeah, I can recall when things didn't seem this jumbled but that was a very long time ago, and you're right, I shouldn't focus on what went wrong (because I also can not pinpoint exactly). Sadly looking too far ahead and it looks bleak. Maybe focus on the here-and-now or something would be more productive. I pine too much over the past I think and it adds to my depression. I see my therapist tomorrow and I may touch on some things that I've not before, we'll see, and I have that fine balancing act because I don't want to be hospitalized again. He's quick to act and I don't like that part of the mental health system. Say the wrong thing and bam.

Things started to go downhill in my late 20's when I started to have bad insomnia. Prior to that I used to just lay my head and fall asleep. Now, never.
    Last edited by salvator here; 07-22-2019 at 07:45 PM.

What is it that would cause involuntary hospitalization? I thought that was limited to situations where you were deemed a danger to yourself (suicide threat) or a danger to others. Is that right?