Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Panic 468x60

Worried about heart! Help

Evening everyone!

Last night going to bed I felt a bit funny. Couldnít put. Y finger on what was wrong but defo something not right.
    Awoke this morning and felt really shaky and uneasy and a little nauseous. I also had an ache down my left arm.
    I have been panicking that itís my heart (my uncle died from a heart attack last week, happen at 1am, he was dead at 5am)

I took my Propanolol that I am prescribed, usually take one every morning and one/two through the day as needed and then citalopram at night.

It seems to have worn off me, but I keep worrying itís going to come back and Iím going to die.
    Still got niggly pains in my jaw, back and stomach, but I think itís anxiety giving me those symptoms.

Iím terrified Iím going to have a heart attack and die.

Please tell me Iím not alone and how I can stop this

Sorry to hear about your uncle. No wonder these fears are weighing on your mind.

Have you been to your doctor for a check up recently? It's always good to get a once over if you're feeling unwell.

If/when you get given the all clear, you can get to work on the mental aspect of your issue. Therapeutic practices like CBT have proven to be effective for anxiety and health fears.

I want to add that you're certainly not alone. I'd say a huge percentage of people on this forum have had similar thoughts and fears at one point or another.