Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Oh that's excellent, I would not mind to have fun there with the small one.
    D. I know you for so long I understand your posts, some people do not read it, they scanned it, Whatever we read we need to understand it.
    yOu have a full acceptance from me, and I expect nothing less from you. I do get it,
    I was shaking while answering to twitchard, not kidding, It was also triggering post for me. Very much so.
    he is f****n preacher, we had people like that , tons of them here. The tone was cruel. How someone can think that drug addicts or homeless chose it???????? What the f*** is happening with society? I think I am too old to understand people and their antics.
    I am too old, to follow cruelty or indecency ......
    You had me in stitches with the purple color and Avatar, my most favorite movie, The movie allows me to foget about everything. Next instalment is next year. till next time D
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Five Minute in the Life of hdgaming360

Indeed, you do understand me. The irony is as you know, they're the ones that make the worst abusers. Both religious and nationalized types They are the 'self-policing mechanism' used within that much loved system. BUT - Let's continue with the connections we have made resultant from Twichards negative tone. I thought you might appreciate the follow video I happened upon whilst looking up how to pass a certain challenge within a video game.

You might have to give it a minute as the video make you feel dizzy for the first minute and a half. At was at that point I smiled and it all became clear and for me, my day/evening suddenly felt much lighter. Give special note at around the 3-and-a-half-minute mark where the essence of how positive connections are made. That was truly priceless for me to see in both the young and old fella. It's when you can appreciate life like so that our own troubles pale by comparison, and or we are fortunate enough ... we might even find value in ourselves regardless of what negativity says and thinks:

Five Minute in the Life of hdgaming360

My favorite part ← of this video.

I know you will at least get it.

Thx again D!

Have a good day/evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    Some people need to hear the truth. Otherwise we end up with a forum full of people, but one where they cry over spilt milk and blame others for their own doings. I'm still doing it myself. It's a long process accepting the truth.

I support you know matter how your feeling, what your saying or what your doing. We have too much judgement and hate in this world as it is. Learning to accept people for who they are is where healing begins.
    Thank you for this posting and reply, means a lot to hear that. I feel the same.

I'm sorry I've been so quiet, been rough lately all I can say I think, I'm having trouble accepting the truth (about my limitations and situation), hopefully I'll make it through the long process and see the other side. Like I'm walking through a crowd sometimes of people with baseball bats taking shots at me and I wind up battered and bruised at the other side and barely able to get up and see the point and appreciate that I made it through a lot. I can find many people along the way to blame no doubt about it, but that won't help because most of them are dead or doing worse than I, plus, some of my own decisions also got mere here and nobody exactly forced my hands in the matter. Need to figure out how to put a life together that I can be satisfied and content with, not really looking for happiness and bliss, I guess. No sure if I'm coming or going these days honestly. Mixed up I guess.

Again sorry I've been absent and I'll try to be here more. I'm glad we have the forum.

Hope you are doing alright Dahila and Ponder

Hi Sal ... that was priceless man. Really made my day reading you like that. Like I feel the pain, but more so your choice of words. You have evolved way more than would be shamers and blamers. Love the analogy of walking through baseball bats as well as the part about picking up the piece when coming out the other end. You said a lot more in that one paragraph than that ... that's what I mean about being priceless.

Well said!

Yea ... I am doing OK today. Thanks for asking. Means the world to be asked.

TY.

Free Reiki Healing Session ... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Requires good headphones, a quiet space where you won't be disturbed and an open mind.

Watched this with headphones and wasn't looking for sleep so that lead me to others and I spent most of the afternoon listening to guided meditation on youtube.. so that was good.

I think even though I realize and understand that I'm different that the norm (and trust me, I'm totally grateful for that) I still compare myself to others when in public and I need to stop. I can look at them and see what I wish I had and also what I'm glad I don't have (referring to their personality and social traits mostly), if that makes sense. I wouldn't even want to be anything other than a free thinker. I cant imagine being a follower, but still, sometimes I feel isolated and out of touch. I have been getting outside everyday though for a little bit even though its not always a good experience, feel I just should. Holiday season is rough too, sort of walk around like a zombie. I'll be fine I'm sure when its over. Most joyful time of the year and people are everything but that.

Anyway..

I'm glad to hear you're doing ok that makes me happy.

PS: that is so cute on the trampoline in that pic
    Last edited by salvator here; 11-30-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Took me a little while to find it - this is one that really helped me today.

Thx for the link. Nice scripting for from a hypnosis point of view with good timing between words, and sentences. The information provided helped to explain the process of letting go very well. I've been into this kind of therapy for years and I know well just how important it is to open up in order to get the best from these guided presentations. For as just as much it is an art for the presenters / practitioners, so to it is for those of us allowing ourselves to undergo these practices. I connect well from a spiritual approach which is why I seemly flake out pretty quick with spirituality minded practitioners like that one I linked above. I still like the one you linked though. Very much so. I can be a bit picky when it comes to voice ... especially with clinical practitioners. Understanding how the process of self/hypnosis works can really help as the presenter is no more than a guide, where it comes down more to how we allow ourselves to open up. There is a LOT of misconceptions out there on this subject as too a lot of closed minds.

It pleases me to know you like this kind of thing.

I kind of get where you coming from re the social thing. I say kind of, because I am not sold on the idea of pushing oneself in order to be seen as fitting in. Not meaning your into that. At least you are being mindful of how your acting or seeing yourself in said social situations. All the preconditioning we are subject to 24/7 influences us quite a bit. Catching up in here with you is as much a connection for me as it would be to be seen out at the local shops - BUT - it actually means more to me because I know I am getting more of a connection here with you now, than I am with others who typically hide behind things like clothes, jewelry, trinkets, cars ext ... when out and about. I do understand though it gets better making connections outside when we ourselves are feeling better or on the better end of our episodic cycles.

Picking the right times and places to walk can make outdoor greetings a lot more genuine whilst at others times they can be seemingly more shallow. I tend to cross the road in avoidance when I am feeling low because doing so will be more conducive for both parties involved. In this light avoidance is not such a bad thing. Then of course there are times where I am feeling quite apt, yet I may refrain from pressuring others whom I detect our low. In cases like that I remind myself how I was feeling not so long ago and am careful with whether I will greet and or how I may alter my tone. Your right though ... most people care less. So it is that I see you as special and like the fact you don't see yourself as normal. Excuse the lingo ... but *&^$ being normal. Not in today's society. I'll be having none of that thanks. Yet ... I have to be careful with the hate. All that hate currently out there is so quick to attract. It's not just hate but also a lot of pious and self righteous police. I will assume you get my gist. If not feel free to ask questions.

Thanks for the boost re my grandson and his tramp. Hope this finds you as well.

Once again ... choice link!

Thank you for everything you wrote. I read it several times already and I appreciate your advice, I know you mean it from the heart with makes it more than just words. I thought about it throughout the day and will try to apply some of that to what I'm going through, a lot of it applies to me actually. I like especially what you said about cycles.. " when we ourselves are feeling better or on the better end of our episodic cycles".. that is the key with me - things seem better at the end of a depressive episode. Right now I'm still in the throws of a rather long depressive cycle and sometimes I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel for me and that leads to suicidal thoughts that I need to chase away with any means as quickly as I recognize it (the pattern) because they are very damaging and detrimental to my health.

I'm sorry to come in here with negativity, but I think you prefer honesty rather than fake. Its ok and things will change, when it rains; it pours, but the sun will come up and I need to be ready (mentally) to appreciate it and enjoy it.

Have a nice Sunday and I hope you're doing alright Dahila too.

Not at all Sal. Keeping it real is what counts. I don't see it as negativity whatsoever. Unfortunately society pegs that word too often on those of us (and itself) when dealing with hard core truths. That's why our society tends to be rather shallow. I see that as nothing more than a perspective ... my world view. Nothing negative about that. You see how it is others that tend to project negative reactions when hearing things that conflict with their own beliefs? Happens with us all. Learning to drop the emotion helps us to see more. What we see is not always so easy to digest. This is how many people go mad without it really being anything inherent, yet the predisposition of long standing illness can indeed be passed on. The world has a lot of it's own work to do before blaming others of simply being negative. Do you kind of know what I mean. Srry if I am not making sense. Basically it's not just a case of us being nuts when we see this shitty world for what it is, yet when we find balance we can choose to feel moments of peace ... within all the discomfort that abounds.

I am in a rush right now ... but your insights and honesty is actually very positive stuff. I talk more about that with us all in mind when I have more time. We all help each other by keeping it real. BUT - we also need to keep things balanced with perhaps the way and what we allow ourselves to feel (maybe the rate at which we take things in as too having boundaries to protect and stay as healthy as we can) and also in how we react. None of us are perfect. The episodic nature is something many services in the community do not understand about the more long standing cases of mental illness; as too those suffering with the illness themselves. Is good to understand and also another thing to make moves in doing what we can.
    Last edited by Ponder; 12-02-2018 at 06:28 PM.