Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    I nearly finished watching Ozark. Lisa bailed out after the first two eps. I have to admit I found breaking bad to be more riveting. I think the fact that it has elements of something already done, and done quite well, has made this less appealing for me ... but good enough to keep me distracted. I do like the leading actor. (Jason Bateman) I don't know why I thought he was Eric McÇormack from Travelers as after checking that out they do look rather different. I think it was mannerisms, tone and a few other elements that had me thinking that way. Not sure if season four of Travelers will be realized. I hope so. I found that a better watch, but still thankful for the distraction of Ozark. So yea, thanks again for that. Just so much garbage out there these days. Ozark is a rehash, but has enough of a balanced cast with interesting characters ... therefore pulls it off despite almost identical scenes I have already seen.

What else has been happening? I am about ready to start ordering components for a new PC build. Let me have a little rave about one aspect of that.

KEYBOARD TECHNOLOGY!!!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_technology

Just like with choosing an optimal display to do my chosen graphics card justice, so to I am aiming to select a keyboard that does not intrude on my gaming/PC experience. Just because I am looking to build a High End Gaming PC does not mean I will suffer the extreme noise of a mechanical keyboard. Been there and done that with a $150 Macro Bling Bling Keyboard. One of the greatest features of my gaming laptop is the ultra smooth and ultra quiet operation I had ever had the pleasure of using since I sold my last custom build desktop.

Just like most consumers of our day ... we are like sheep! I'm always having to catch myself as I come down from all the BS hype associated with pretty images and mind numbing background music when researching what my next purchase will be. The group mentality in gaming is probably more bias than religion itself. Fuck those over-sided clunky keys with a vertical drop that feels a cliff more than it does a quick press, hop skip and a jump. Hell buy the time I have depressed and I battling to lift raise my fingers atop of those over sized blocks! Those wiz bang mechanical keyboards are extremely loud and cumbersome. No word of a lie, I would be like click click click CLICK CLICK CLICK and an almighty cry would snap me out of it - "Will you shut the fuck up!!!" My darling wife Lisa who already had issues with my gaming mouse ... click click click and so on.

I did upgrade my mouse once I was experience a new life of peace on this here ultra quiet gaming laptop. Like I am also spending big money and selecting components on my next build specicfically for thier low noise levels ... why the fuck would I ruin that with an extremely loud intrusive mechanical keyboard? Fucking sheep ... bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha ... I am sensing I do not want to purchase a Mechanical Keyboard.

SO - after all the gas bagging I finally discovered that the ultra quiet and super responsive tech that makes up a high end laptop keyboard is refereed to as a Scissor-switch keys. Pro and Cons of course. Cons I am already well aware off and have already worked around. The pros are simply way more worth the while for me. Much faster typing due to low profile and close contact points yet with enough click for a full tactile feel. The human finger tips are one of our most senory body parts, so why the fuck people need oversised keys that make about as much noise as a peacock revving a Harley Davidson or V8 supper charged dick ... Christ only knows. bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha ...

Also the flashing lights is BS for me as well. LOL ... there is such a thing as too much distraction ... to much flashing lights = exhaustion for me. Might have a fit as well. Thankfully the following keybaord can be setup so the lights are static or switched off. I don't mind the lighting ... especial at night. Just not the epileptic RGB hype. To be sure most of the gear I chose will be RGB mostly because that's the BS hype that is going into high end components. As long of the transitions are slow and not looking like a fucking disco hypnotic ADHD trance bending trip effect ... then I'm down for that.

Anyways ... I found a scissor switch keyboard with a ghosting feature which is not something I suffer from. The marco options for today is moot as most games now have advance keybinding so yea ... another BS thing I don't really need. Maybe once in a blue moon for older games or idiot game developers that lock down keybinding probably because they are in beds with gaming keyboard manufactures. I just boycott games like those and get an instant refund on steam when purchasing on that front end.

BONUS IS THIS THING IS CHEAP ... I don't give two fucks as until I find a dedicated scissor switch low profile gaming keyboard ... this things looks butter smooth and quiet. In fact ... anyone on my friends list who wishes to use disocord, skype or any other audio calling software to communicate in game will be requested to only use push to talk, so myself and my other friends don't have to put of with that fucking BS invasive, clunky mechanical sound ... clunk clunk clunk, while we are all trying to enjoy the peace and harmony of our open world games. Once again ... yea yea ... not an issue for psychopaths constantly blazing away or hacking and slashing like killer clowns on steroids.

LOL
    - Love this guys intro ... Just don't need my keyboard to bounce around like that is all.
    Desktop Keyboard ... but Laptop quiet, yet ultra responsive - lights can be deactivated and or made to be static. Cheap but good products .. have good reviews! Only the sheep laugh it. Upmarket equivalent scissor-switch keys with Mac branding is up to 4 to 5 times the price.

OK ... what's next on my list?????

Monitors ... OH THE FUCKING HYPE WITH RESOLUTION. I tell ya D - Fucking sheep consumers.

I leave that story for tomorrow as I take my time to nail the best 1080p ultra wide monitor. That is if I don't waste all my cash on a 2K setup. I just can't justify for BS expense for a 2K setup. 4K is the ultimate joke; still this day and age. Consumers ... sheep!!!!!

Well that was pretty cool ... Hopefully I will work out a High End Budget Setup soon enough. That's going to be a LOOOOONG post ... this was nothing ... you know me.

PS - I have had little time for BS this last week. Is what it is.

Night night ... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!! Srry Darl ....
    Last edited by Ponder; 06-26-2019 at 03:34 AM.

Hey D - QUESTION for ya.

I know you have a 27 inch 1920X1080 Monitor and if my memory serves me correctly ... for the most part you were saying how you really enjoy it.

How are you finding the text. Is it easier enough to read? Easy on your eyes? Is surfing the internet a pleasing experience since you increased from 24 inch to 27 inch screen?

Now I go to bed.

yes, yes and yes, It was repaired I mean they change the panel, (still on warranty) and I had to use my 21.3 I think screen the difference was incredible. I really enjoy my 27" and probably if I have money I will get the bigger one 32 and curved, Right now I am extremely happy with print and easy reading and what is the most important is the quality of picture and colors. On the old one still flat digital I could not make print darker, on this one I did not have to do any changes . It is perfect and so much easier on eyes
    Monitor is 27" Samsung, and the graphic card (it is important) is Nividia GEForce GTX 1050
    I have low profile and kind of quiet keyboard , I believe it is the best keyboard I ever had Microsoft 3000 wired, I need a new one the way Microsoft 3050works is great but I can not find the wired one. it pisses me off I do not want wireless cause it is always slacking in W10
    I have my own room for computer and I have a hearing loss so the noise does no bother me. this keyboard is more like laptop keyboard, and I like it, higher buttons bother me a lot they just not working for me. I tend to hit both at the time on the high ones. the lower laptop like keyboard the better for me and I do type like crazy not looking at my hands but on computer screen
    Last edited by Dahila; 06-27-2019 at 04:24 AM.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

That's great news about your viewing experience re your new monitor. Your validation goes a long way towards my monitor selection. Thanks ever so much!!! Excuse me whilst I again get all long winded about my next proposed purchase. The previous rant yielded good results re keyboard selection for my purposes.

Actually I got to go to the doctors. GRRRRRR I so hate those fucking places.

Where was I? Speed typing I guess.

My laptop has a dedicated GTX1060 6GB VR ... Whilst it's a bit long in the tooth, it's still does an amazing job with most games I play and also still some of the new releases; although now having to play on low settings with the spanking new titles. So it is, that this opportunity to upgrade is quite a blessing. Sigh ... why does that term feel so bullshit like? I fucking deserve this upgrade. That's more like it!!!

Back to Monitor Choice. Not happy with Gsync availability for the particular aspect ratio and resolution. The last two elements requiring a little thought re pros and cons.

I'm sticking with 1080 resolution because it still looks fucking nice to me. 2K is great for those who can afford the components to run it blissfully. Sadly many people are getting sucked into simply for the sake of being able to say they have a higher resolution. The hype and prestige is all about the higher numbers the pixels snobs and sheep. Whilst higher numbers do matter when it comes to increased power ... it's not a very VERY grey area.

I like high frame rates as well as gloss. In a nut shell - The reason 1080p has been around way longer than any other resolution, is because it's a fucking good resolution that works fucking well!!! It's true as you go up in screen size per set resolution that there will be less pixels per inch on one's screen. This is why I asked you about how you FEEL ... when reading your text on a larger screen at the same rez. I walked into a shop the other day and saw a 32 inch monitor. It looked like shit! I walked building up the courage to ask the sales assistance if I could check out the display settings. Sure enough ... the recommended settings were listed as 1920X1080 not 2560x1440 (2K) as was the previous setting. I suspect the cheap 32 inch curved monitor had a native resolution of 1920X1080, BUT, connected to a system with a 2K capable video card. Not using the native resolution is what looks like shit. Scaling also looks like crap. It's all about the native resolution and screen size = personal preference with an individuals inability/ability re viewing. Fucking pixel snobs do not account for that. Not such thing as better. Fucking idiots! At any rate, once I selected the recommended 1080 rez ... the text look more than good enough for me. My only issues was more to do with the quality of lighting, contrast, color, viewing angle and so forth. It was cheap in that regard. Possible a TN Panel (though they do make for fast FPD on lower end comments)

Bla bla bla ... I know ... but it all does factor into it and this chore of looking for parts is not the same as it used to be. So many trolls with negative comments that have no fucking idea or sensibility. Obviously I am letting lose in my own foul mouthed mentality ... but it feels OK to me, because it's in a forum for fucked up brains with very little activity. Just the way I fucking like it!!!!!!!!!!! To be sure it's a spirit that passes on like electricity.

So not long ago I walks into my daughters room (before she left for england) and I was like staring at her 42 inch screen thinking the new Xbox she just bought looked fucking smick on that so called pissy little 1080 screen. lol. She was sitting about 5 foot back from it as is a small room. So I am not buying into this whole 2K 4K BS ... YES ... it's more gloss ... but factors such as playing 1080 content or even standard definition on a 4K looks like shit compared to playing that source on a 1080 native screen. Again ... the pixel snobs care less to acknowledge such fact and the sheep have no fucking idea other than singing the PPI song. In that light 1080 actually has an advantage and given that the 1080 rez itself still looks fucking good on a quality screen relative to viewing distance and bla bla bla ... OK OK ... there is actually more to justify the quality of 1080 ... but I'm done bashing spoiled consumers and or more like stupidity. Yea take that you fucking pixel snobs!!! More to the point ... I know better. I'm just in a shitty mood of late and this trolling in my own thread feels fucking good.

ASPECT RATIO / Viewing Format - OK ... enough bashing. Screen size does actually impact PPI but I am OK with 27 inch and given all the bashing against 34inch Ultra Wide gaming on a 1080, I'll buy it just in spite of those bitching against it. No one has really done a Video on that experience but I did find this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidema...et_it_i_didnt/

Seems more people are wising up to the HYPE! I'll put it this way ... to play on ULTRA SETTINGS with 100+ more frames per second and have it stay that way for years to come, to do that on a 2K resolution will cost about around 4000us or in my case close to 6 grand. The gloss and sharpness is an improvement, but just not enough to justify those extreme prices and once again ... there are sill many of us that get a kick our of Ultra settings @ 1080p.

Now all that said, for me (purely subjective) I do think 32inch 1080p with aspect ratio of standard 16:9 wide screen is starting to get too blurry for text. Not sure if your reading this far D as I do crap on. I am doing so because my money is in and I am ready to drop buy. Thinking out loud really helps. In terms of pixel peeping ... I am subject to such detailing. I agree with many others that 24 inch 16:9 is the sweet spot ... but having looked at cheap rubbish 27 inch monitors that are actually displaying in the native res of 1080 ... they look more than good enough!

34 inch Ultra wide Monitors with an aspect ratio of 21:9 (Not standard 16:9) are actually only as high as a 27 inch 16:9 ... in fact the PPI is slightly more than a standard 27 but not by much. For me a 32inch standard 16:9 does in fact look too pixely for 'my' sitting distance and my bias re image quality. I admit for all the bashing of pixal snobs, I do suffer from such a disorder and 32icn standard is where I pull the line ... unless sitting back at a bare minimum of 3+ feet, yet the screen will still not be a tight as a 27, just as a 27 not as tight as a 24. You just lose too much contrast and sharpness going up in size as a set resolution. I'll pay that ... just not the fucking hype with 2K and the extreme cost to run a ultra settings with 100+ fps for years to come. FUCK THAT!

CURVED OR NOT ???

I'm sure this is an issue for cheap screens. I don't doubt it. Even more of an issue for photo editing. I'll keep another monitor for that ... yet I am done with my photography as I have lost desire for many things. Photography is just another BS consumer product rather than a pastime as I once connected with it. I do hope that one day my desire to connect with nature will return ... but fuck society ... I am all digital for now ... which is another story. I'm 1080 old school ... fuck the dogma of old and fuck all the new sheep as well.

Moving on ... just like the rest of all the new tech, features and so on ... its all subject to ones abilty and means. Even my new build should not overshadow someone else who is running on less. I guess that it were all my frustration comes from ... arrogant fuckers in the gaming world ... in the world full stop. Curved on an ultra wide desktop monitor makes sense ... even if it's only slight. On a Large TV it's a joke. Unless your sitting 3 feet from in and in that case ... yea ... what the fuck ever. on this I will have to give feed back after the fact. I'd love to do a video ... especially if I am happy and end up with ZERO buyers remorse. I would have a blast sticking it back all those pixel snobs and sheep. But who am I kidding ... I would get zero views Like I said ... fuck all those likes and subscribes ... fuck all those shallow cunts.

SO WHERE TO NOW ... WHAT ADD TO CART WILL I CLICK?

AMD VS NVIDA
    ... Now there's a topic of concern for me.

I am hungry ... I eat, then more searching as to cost of video cards and branding ... such will determine the rest of my build. Like I said at start of post ... I am having a hard time finding a 34 inch ULTRA WIDE 2560 x 1080 Gsync monitor (in my country) with Nvidia and intel being my preference. I am very well be stuck with an AMD graphics and display set up with FreeSync being my only option re display availability for a 21:9 @34 inch (but = in PPI to a 27) bla bla bla

BRB
    Last edited by Ponder; 06-26-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Thankfully I found a Gsync 1080 refurnished for a good price ... but this is doing my head in ... need a break. Either I go all out ... I or I streamline with future upgrades in mind ... decisions decisions ...

D - check your PM .......................

1920X1080 this is my resolution and the picture is so crispy. the colors very natural , i had not change anything in it's settings.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I am here D - OK ... I understand. Even if it's just us keeping this place active ... then so be it.

I am exhausted as have been extensively researching my new build since the last time I posted. All the parts will be on their way as soon as they pack them.

In the mean time I only have the energy to share a video I left as a message for my gaming partner. Of little interested to yourself ... but I share for the sake of simply logging it in as an entry ... caring less for the million views. LOL It is hoped that with the new PC build I will be able to stream live in order to communicate and actually learn some of these games with feedback with my friend over the phone. Something like that.

Anyways .. I fill you in on the latest as feeling better now ... at least a little. I know more why I was getting frustrated ... it never really ends. Meh ...

I hope you got my message. Could not answer . so you really building one, It makes me happy, I do not know why
    Computers excite me and that the story
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

YEP - My Ultrawide 34 inch 2560X1080 monitor turned up today!!! I feel just like you did when yours arrived.

All my PC Part are soon to be delivered ... probably early next week. All up I spent just short of $5000 Australian on Both Monitor and PC Parts. It's my Dream Computer and it has made me happy ... although happiness is probably not the right word.

I gave Lisa half my money. I have spent all mine now. I have to be honest and tell you I am glad I have spent it all. I prepared many months ahead of time researching making sure that knowing I was going to spend it all when it arrived ... to ensure that I got the best of what was available at the time. It's a bit of an irony that the bulk of my money went on computer tech when it is changing all the time. The thing is, that I was in a good position to make sure I got the best matching parts which is the hardest part when you don't have a bulk load to purchase in one hit.

Anyways ... I don't have to justify myself. You know where the money came from. It's also an irony that out of all the kids I was one of the one's that received the least. My sister Objected reminding the others and the court that if I had not reacted, researched, created the FB page, feilded the phones calls and so on ... that none of them would got a red cent. She also reasoned with my own objections re the negative impact and unfairness to the process of - hierarchy of abuse.

I don't mean to go on about it ... just saying is all. Life is full of irony. My sister was outed by these other folk that she once refereed to as friends. Her objection help up the payouts ... for that she was scorned. In the end my sister basically match my payout as a consultation to the way I was measured (basically dismissed) ... I gave that money to me wife. My Sister was very happy that I could do that. Lisa is getting one of those Therapy Motorized Chairs (3 motors (one for the neck and head) ... all been researched My sister also gave the substantial rest of her own ... all to her daughter.

We know how to spend money ... people who don't have any - generally do. Hmmmm ... actually that's not always true. I do struggle having a load of it on me at any one time ... but do good thinking about my needs before hand. When I'm not all fucked up that is.

The Process of it all ... Money comes and goes .. The process is not so easy to let go off and has been rather questionable and it took a couple of years. Sigh ...

NOW - the next bit when Lisa and I have the energy - SOONER THAN LATER ... Is to work on over turning the Honorable Award refereed to as The Order of Australia ... or something like that. That the ticket in my book. You see ... it's all about status for people in power. More so than the money. His Family would take a hit as well ... seeing his name taken of such an honorable list.

For now ... the little one is living with us D ... long story. It needs to be done for now ... I just leave that at that and no go too deeply there. A lot always going on. It never end.

I look forward to doing a little video on my computer screen and PC build ... it might make you feel good to see me excited and with a smile.

Well ... that's about it for now.

I do hope this finds you well. Very sorry what happened in Facebook. Yes I did read a message as to why. Not sure what to say .. other than I hope your able to find an alternative or be back up and running in no time.

Forgive me for being so self absorbed with my own stuff ... my head is spinning from a lot of consumer purchases. Once again ... I am glad it's come to an end. At least in such a large amount.

I have no issue now with whatever or whoever got what ... Life is never fair, yet if I hold onto the bitterness it just makes it worse. In fact the way my sister was treated for standing up for her brother ... well ... I guess it just goes to show that money really doesn't matter. I am back in good relations with both my mum and my sister. My brother would be so happy if he was still with us; to see that in the end I was able to unload all that shit re that nightmare children's home and us family now all genuinely respecting the other.

Forgive the long post. You know that's just me. You one of the few that never bitches about my walls of text.

Thx D
    Last edited by Ponder; 07-04-2019 at 12:57 AM.