Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    I wish you well. I had similar situation with constant coughing and not having fever, after suffering for few weeks the doc send me to do xrays and bum bum "walking puenmonia . she would never send me for xrays if I had no smoked then. The bitch was feeling that i do deserve lung cancer, It scared me enough to quit, which is good. On May 1 is going to be my 11 years of not smoking.
    The thing is you not suppose to be in wet house having this disease, very dangerous disease. Take care of yourself, and yes with constant hard coughing you will have pain all over your body get well quick D
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I beleive it was May 15th when I was 38 that I gave up that filthy disgusting habit ... Now being 50 ... May 15th will mark 12 years for me! Smoking should be banned point blank. It's laughable that some countries ban various poisons yet still sell poisons such as tobacco and alcohol. The latter just as deadly and even more destructive than the former. In my book Society deserves to foot the bill when it comes to picking up the pieces whilst still prompting, exploiting and selling such poison. Alas, people turn a blind eye because they much prefer the instant pleasure that such brings and those selling simply make too much in profit and above that it is the choice method in which to pacify. So naive of those working in health care that when it comes to PTSD, they think only those serving in the armed forces suffer from mental instability. They care not to beleive that their own system of success creates the byproduct to which they are employed to heal. Kids ... little interns unhappy to sweep the floor wanting to be fully paid doctors before having learned. Sometimes I think they know just how insulting they can be. Cruel little fuckers they can be ... that is if you let them.

Is what it is D - People will always judge each other. Thankfully I was in way too much pain and suffering to react to the fumbling questions of those interns. In general all of them just treat humans more like circuit boards, judging them according to their responses. I have to come up with a better system of my own when it comes to the whole mental illness question period and also to my predisposition when being asked so many questions and of course when dealing with aforementioned insulting interns whether they're just assholes or not.

Fuck it is good to be out. Although grateful for being stabilized, healing is just not an option in such a toxic place. Quite an irony when you consider the role of a hospital ... is it not? All those different people changing over, prodding, pocking and repeating questions all with their own version of events and prognosis. The constant banging, buzzing, flashing lights, crying, chocking, laughing, babbling and on and on. Like I say; "fuck it's good to be out!" When I think of it like that ... imagine what it must be like to work in a place like that. No wonder the nursing staff and doctors make so many mistakes. Not only is the noise pollution and naive interns hard to endure ... but hospitals are also a deadly place to be because of so many mistakes that often take place.

Just google 'survival guide to staying in hospital' POINT AND CASE!

Seriously for me ... I would do well to prepare a 101 quick starter guide on Mental Illness when being question on about my pension and why I am on it. That would solve a lot of the unnecessary judging and anxiety all round.

Best method over all is to avoid being sick ... but in this day and age ... I think that's being unrealistic. Best to work on a survival guide.

We just had a conversation about it. My hubby and I, and we concluded that in Australia health care is as screwed as in Canada, Hospitals is necessary evil but you right the lights the noise the f*****n same questions....................eh
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Sigh - how can we change this tune D I so dearly need to. Don't get me wrong, I am loving the commiseration and greatly appreciate you being able to. I just feel we could both do with some inspiring news. I feel that dread you once mentioned is seriously coming my way. It's confirmed, Lisa is now dealing with Phenomena. Sadly things are also taking a bad turn in other areas of the family ... with many additional stresses I need not go into also taking place all at the same time. We may have to step in and become a party to an already long drawn out life sapping legal campaign. If and when that takes place I may then be able to talk more freely.

Right now though ... I'm hoping this medication I am taking will help me to help myself clear up my lungs. I think I start walking a little more tomorrow ... but not in direct sunlight.

I need to find a new hobby or rekindle an old one ... regardless of feeling so low ... I need to try.

* The kite idea is good - BUT - I don't like being at the whim of the wind.
    * Astronomy I used to love ... but I am not so much a night person anymore as I really need my sleep. A solar telescope could be cool as I have seen some interesting Sun Videos? Not sure about it though ... seems limiting for my need to expand.
    * Photography ... well I never ever got myself a full frame camera ... Just not sure if my desire for images could even be what it once was ... that said, I have always held onto a couple of cameras just in case.
    * Video ... well that is something I could see myself getting more into and must admit I have never really allowed myself to delve into ... Not meaning V-log stuff ... But more random footage of just stuff.
    * Bicycling ... hmmm ... might be on the cards. Need to regain my confidence and work out a system to avoid both pedestrian and vehicle traffic. Not sure. An upgrade to my 25 dolor junk bike would be good.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rest well ... let's just do what we can to stay out of hospital in the mean time.

I got it, what about photography but not the roads or building but birds, you would make me very happy, I love birds, I remember your macro pics on Flicr , maybe you should go back, Take it easy pneumonia is not joke it takes time to get back so gentle take care
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Yea ... just checked out how to recover from pneumonia and your right. It's a serious illness. I just removed a friend for his tactless comment ... "Oh well ... it could be worse!" I was already thinking of breaking ranks from him as all he seems to do is pick the opposite side of the conversion just to rile me up. Don't ya just find people like that annoying? Blocked his phone number, Blocked Facebook but not before sending him a message to let him know I might say hi, if and when the next time we cross paths.

Thanks D - that might be worth investigating once I feel more up to walking. I might take a light stroll today to help open up the lungs. I'll think about taking one of my cameras with me.

Thanks again D

you some people drive me crazy, One of the radical left just told me that I am very bad person bad personality and all other things, Unfriended, she is very toxic, Blames here life choices on everyone, and when you trying to show her where is the error she attacks, Now I have peace and quiet
    Pneumonia is very serious and leaves like scars on your lungs, this is why recovery is so important. I kind of thinking that my smoking and constant pneumonia caused my COPD. eh well, bad choices on my part.
    I would think that drinking some chicken broth or beef broth would give you the necessary protein in easy form. lightly cooked veggies are good very good actually. You need nutrition but the easy for your body to digest, A lot of rest no crazy running from one chore to another. I think your family should take easy on you too. Is Lisa ok?
    Hydrate yourself and do not overwork, let your self to nap, I know it will ruin your night but when you sleepy it means that the body want you to slow down. I think in like 3 weeks you should completely recover. One of my friends is the third months in hospital with pneumonia, If he was not so sick they would kick him out of hospital
    light food, light herbal teas (hydration) maybe light fruit and steemed veggies, I would not go high with starch veggies or rice
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Yea you understand then.

That sounds like great advice. Thanks D. After reading you I went up to the quick mart early this morning to grab muesli and an orange. I don't rate the muesli as healthy, but it's better than what I had on hand at the time. I'm 3 weeks into my illness and still feeling quite sick. I have 3 days of oral meds left.

That sounds hard core about your friend. Yes ... they don't keep you in hospital if you show the slightest sign that your improving. It must be bad and I hope things take a turn for the better sooner than later regarding your friend.

They did find something on my lung when doing scans but gave me that "we just not quite sure what it is ... " I'm sure I will come out the other end with some form of scaring given the amount of coughing and dry reaching and some throwing up I've been through over the weeks. At one point with every couch I felt like I had cracked ribs. Apparently google reports that has happened with some folk. Thankfully my bones are still quite dense.

I'll follow your advice for sure. Fresh fruits and veggies, (Low carbs) plenty of water and Chicken soup it is!!!

OH ... Lisa seems to be fairing better than me (although has the cough and milder symptoms) which is a surprise ... but the doctor is treating her the same as me. Thanks for asking.

Hope you guys are doing OK?
    Last edited by Ponder; 04-10-2019 at 03:53 PM.

yep we are ok, Muesli is maybe not the best choice but it is tasty and provides a lot of fiber, you need the fiber.
    They found something in my lungs and send me for the contrast CT scan, it came as scaring from chronic infections, It was not cancer, just scaring. Scars are caused after pneumonia . So do not worry yet. just wanted to tell you this so you do not get scared, We have a high sensitivity to any disease, whatever bothers the body influences are mind causing the fear; simple health anxiety.
    I remember the last time I go pneumonia I was so week for weeks, You are going to get there ., Antibiotic makes you week too. So 3 days and you will start serious recovery. Good to hear that L. is kind of better
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Let's hope for the best hey

I was thinking about stand up paddle boarding but a little worried after watching the following vid: