Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    you know I like reading books in bed, but lately as soon as I go to bed and start reading , few pages and I am so damn tired , Should i go at 8 to bed to have the time to read, before I collapse? It is kind of funny,
    My mother had the same thing, i was laughing , I put all nighter for many years, when I got interesting book ..................eh
    Do you have results yet?
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

arrrrr the good old read a book to go to sleep trick. I remember those days well. When I used to read paperbacks. : ) - I wish I never sold my Kindle. Now would be a perfect time to go back to reading like so. Great Idea D. Yes I do beleive an earlier bed time is a good prescription.

Yes the results came in. Appointment with Surgeon this coming Monday to discuss the details and book in the procedure. I will have to contact my parents to find out how to pay. Thanks for the reminder. At this point D they say does not look like cancer however they also say they can't rule it out. Additionally (although I can't remember the terminology) the report also goes on to suggest that that lump is impeding neck movement and that they recommend the operation to have it fully removed. The latter is all I needed to get on the public system, however the wait is too long and I am still in pain. I am very luck I have parents that can afford to help me go private.

At then end of the day, we really wont know until the thing has been removed. It's just one of those lumps where a biopsy is required to really know. I'm just happy there is plans to remove the whole thing sooner than later. I will keep you posted with what the surgeon has to say after my this this coming Monday.

ON OTHER FRONTS [X-Mentor / Case Manager Reads Blog & Steps In : ] SUPPORT WORKERS???????

I am trying to get over this depressive cycle. I think that latest Blog Post I wrote up about NDIS, covered one aspect to my sordid life quite well. I use such a term more because of the shame often associated to the constant quantifying of one's right to receive whatever. (my wife now going through it - Society says "I have a service for you" ... BUT then you must beg!) Change NDIS to simple Welfare Recipient and I think the majority of us all get the gist of that well enough. Thankfully the team leader of a previous program, after reading my blog contacted me, where we discussed both our concerns.

As some of you know I have been receiving mental health support for years now and generally that's been a very good thing. The long and short is I start with a support person this morning. What is a support person I hear echo in my head as I type this text out loud? Good question. Simply put ... it's a person who's goal is to support and guide you but not lead you.

NEW BLOG POST:

SIGH ... excuse me while I make sense of it myself. WHAT IS A MENTAL HEALTH DISABILITY SUPPORT PERSON SERVICE ALL ABOUT?

I think much of the text learned in the certification process is very much lost and not truly appreciated without the experience, or perhaps better said not really understood until one has lived experience. That live experience NOT being a Mental Health Disability Support Worker with mental health issues. I no longer beleive in PEER SUPPORT being the great leading force in solving societies mental health problems. Whilst there are some pros ... I in fact think that is a disaster but not a discussion for now.

But you know what ... I come back later and work on the above blue text. I am too tired, zoned out and just want to go back to gaming. I work it out with this new support worker when he comes. I'll just say I had an interesting interview with his boss. That boss being the gentleman my old friend/X mentor hooked me up with. I got lucky and met some good people again. Down to earth types not yet burnt out by the system.

I just free style my text after that. I need more sun like a plant I thinks.

Take Care Peeps ... this was my best effort for the day. Perhaps recharge when this support person gets here. ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lipoma (Skin Lumps)
    A lipoma is a growth of fatty tissue that slowly develops under your skin. People of any age can develop a lipoma, but children rarely develop them. A lipoma can form on any part of the body, but they typically appear on the: neck, shoulders, back, abdomen, arms, thighs. They’re classified as benign growths, or tumors, of fatty tissue. This means a lipoma isn’t cancerous and is rarely harmful.
    I have one above my shoulder blade but it does not hurt, When you rapidly lose the weight then gain some, they do appear. If this is Lipoma. it does press on nerve , I am sure so the pain.
    I know what you mean today I made like 10 calls and can not find organization that would help me with aquiring test strips, eh
    Beside that people never leave me alone, I never write to anyone, you are the only person that I chat, Why the hell people think i like their videos or stupid jokes or whatever , They pissing me off
    I am like you playing games just to blank out , it helps
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Both you and Sal keep me going. Thx guys. Don't give up on each other guys. Keep posting while you can.

I manged to get on my bike today. First time in like 6 months! Got my heart pumping without having to run around an open field. I also got some afternoon sun.

Thanks for the feed back D. I appreciate the info very much. I hope your able to sort out what you need soon enough.

You doing OK Sal????

Thank you for asking, I'll be ok. Don't worry too much about me.

Good to know you're finally getting some answers now, hopefully as Dahila said, its a benign skin lump.

I haven't been on a bike since childhood. Should try again sometimes.

Take care :-)

I really enjoyed the bike ride, but think I will let my muscles recover and mix it up with a walk this morning. I really don't feel like doing any of this however I know if I keep it up ... it will stop me from slip too far down into a pit of despair. I woke up to find my wife dealing with a complaint regarding the male nurse that sexually assaulted my daughter. Looks like he is going to get away with it. GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No wonder I hate those places. It's just so hard to get through the days in public of late ... hard enough in my own space to be honest. This is why I must keep moving and not slip into a coma on my computer playing games all day. Sigh.

My first day with the support worker went extremely well. I just focus on that for now. That support is why I ended up jumping on my Bike and why I am now looking to keep up some form of mild attempt at one foot in front of the other kind of thing.

I am srry if my talking about having support is upsetting for others because they do not have it. All I know is that it does help me and now that I have support again, I want to get the most I can from it. Personally I think we should all have support ... which is why I ask after my friends. If you guys lived over here I would make the effort to visit and support you guys in a similar way.

I best make a move.

Just keep doing what works ... at least move for the sake of one's lymphatic system.

I completely understand, being in public is a chore and we can't put a price on peace and quiet alone time. I try to get outside even if only to get coffee or iced tea. If I stay in a whole day and not go out, tomorrow is difficult to get out. I do have control to not binge on games, I can put they down.

thanks you for saying that, and yes, if I lived near you I would also join you for coffee as well as Dahila and others here, but friends in real life must take a back seat because people here are very standoffish and unapproachable to me, maybe someday the right person will come alone if I'm open to it. Right now I'm pretty closed and shut down to the idea; I keep to myself and stay in lonerville.

Maybe someday I'd be more open to groups. I'm not upset if others are getting more help that myself, at the moment, I'm not taking advantage of every outlet offered to me I guess. This year I need to find a way to stop living in isolation so much I think.

If we could meet, I have no people who would understand my anxiety, fear, ........ no one. My hubby says he does but how someone who did not go through it can get it?
    I am happy you both make progress.
    I am working on checking what foods cause the jump in my blood glucose, So far I know that an apple does not jump , So far so good
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

10/10 for the apples D. Red or Green? I usually eat the greens ones because someone told me they are do a better job from a healing perspective. I must admit though, although I rarely eat the red ones, I do consider them very much a treat. Especially if you can find a place that sells real ones. Apples and like wise food these days just don't taste anything like the real deal. I don't beleive younger people will ever know the reality in that. I find that very sad as I believe my grandson would actually eat a lot more fruits and veggies if they did not taste so devoid and plastic. None the less, it's still better than cardboard and plastic wrapped solutions that I have also been self medicating on of late. lol

Your a legend D Once again you inspire me.

On other fronts ... I find it nice to have a quite forum to pop into. Don't you? Many of those others are like a loud shopping center for me.