Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    heck i have 200 numbers for blocking just 61 left. I have display so I usually do not pick it up. Except this time of year when people are looking for xmas gifts and they call and come to my place
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

If not for my wife ordering parcels all the time, I would look into just doing parcel pick ups. I pick them up in my own time without the hassle of people coming to my door. It's the only thing that sucks about buying online.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Back into the gym a few times running now ... had service agreement with PT - still working out with friend - still walking on the odd days ... Is very hard to break through the level required in order for my body to detox to the lvl it must - but getting there. Writing this because it's the next level of pushing myself ... something I should be writing about; but have not.

Just woke up ... now heading into the gym once more to hit some cardio machines that will allow me to exert myself without stressing my joints.

Get going Dave ... it's finally starting to work ... once more. Up and Down like a merry go round ... this I know ... which is why I have been allotted the PT for what we hope next year will account towards some sense of stability.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Will watch those vids later. Wasn't able to get on the computer yesterday. You seem to be doing better

Whenever Sal ... not a requirement as you know. Oh yea ... thx for the friend request. All done. I finally found something worth binge watching on Netflix. I best get back to that.

Morning guys - Today I am aiming for a relaxing one. It's not a bad start. I woke up around 4ish. After relieving myself and venturing back into my room, I parted the block out curtains in order that the morning light could do it's thing. My body decided it was too early to get up just yet so I lay back down for a while and posted elsewhere in the forum. Now things weren't all that rosy as I was still feeling the effects of the days before. As I lay there I stretched here and there thinking about the previous post I had just made, wondering how I could take my own advice on move on with the day.

So it is I that I calmly watered my outdoor plants, appreciating the relative cool whilst pondering the heat I know it to come. After that I came into this room I now sit, loaded up my com, searched for some gentle light morning music and started streaming this:

Now whilst I am aiming for a gentle day ... it's going to be tough! No FOOD for me for the next 36 hours. Yes ... I have reached the next level of gloves off! My efforts these last couple of weeks are starting to kick in. I've been going hard core without really been writing about it. I did not want to sap myself but now thinking I'm on par to motivate without tripping over myself. I smile to think of Sims 3 ... one of my sims doing just that as when they're just starting out on a treadmill.

So many facets to 'getting back up.' I guess I'm kind of thinking about that as I approach my day. Right now whilst knowing I'm in great need of resetting my stomach and focusing on that - I'm also aiming to NOT think to think too much about that. But before moving on I do need to acknowledge just how sick, yet again, I have become. The seesaw effect I know many of us have experienced; particularity those of us that deal with long standing clinical conditions. It was watching that video I recently linked on the second brain. I beleive other forum users have posted on the topic of Gut Health being the same. Then I have also discussed the Vegas Nerve. All very relevant stuff. Those anti-depressant foods we rely on so much pretty well dumb us down and slowly kill us by literally robbing our desire to do the things we love. Love being somewhat distorted on other fronts.

Once we are worn down, the influence of our society and its prime agenda takes hold to which further sucks our sovereign power. Alas ... let's not finish with the core of the problem, but focus on the solution. Unfortunately there must come a level of discomfort in order to break free. It does get better ... enduring the cycles is where I find it's at. Stability is different for different people. Many of us will continue to live our lives up and down. I do not beleive in the medical model of equilibrium as the levels defined by practitioners are meant to keep people dependent. I'm all about healing myself.

On that note ... I drink some more water and go for a walk. I've been without food for 13 hours now. I just have another 24 to go.

Time to heal my second brain. hehe. Seriously ... go watch that video I link one page back ... Hmmmmm ???? here I link it now:

Have a good day guys.

Becoming a Student of Desire.

Back from a walk and wishing to leave a note on a topic integral to my quest for stability:
    Becoming a Student of Desire.

Not for everyone - but those open to zen philosophy may benefit. Nevertheless something that effects all of us.

Just consumed season 3 of Travelers over the last two days:

.... and 'That's' how Sci-Fi TV is produced .... not that bullshit spaceship horror crap they turned Star Trek into! Grrrrrrr

Don't mind me. I'm *&^%ing craving food big time. Is all good. I know it's the beginning of something special. It hurts in a good way!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________

Now ... what else to watch?

Good to hear you've been walking. Walked every day last week and my legs already feel stronger and my balance is better. Walking in the fresh air is underrated. I actually have an exercise room here with equipment I don't have to pay for it but when I get there, there are people sort of flexing and primping and showing off like a fashion show, sort of makes a flabby pale guy like me a bit self conscious haahaa.

That image complex is not good to be around Sal. Is why I actually avoid the gym. All of my friends are flabby pale people. hehe. laugh out loud. You made go haahaa too. Congrats on the walking ... undoubtedly the best medicine of all. That said Sal, whatever your doing keep doing it because you have been sounding well of late; despite the things we can't change ... I get that, seems you do too.

Although I completed my 36 hours water fast, I jumped into my exercise to quick and seriously pulled a neck muscle so badly that it hurts to lift my arm, open my mouth and hold my head straight up with eating. This relly sucked this morning because I was hungry. The guy I was exercising with knows a retired masseuse with some physio therapy experience and has organised me a visit. Got to leave shortly actually.

Sitting on this thing alleviates it a little which is not good ... as I beleive too much time on my com has lead to bad posture. That said ... I did push myself into a stressful situation these last 36 hours, did not warm up before diving into my push-ups which is where and when my neck muscles knotted up.

Sal ... just do what keeps you happy man. I push myself the way I do as is part of my imbalance. I've been getting bored of late so tend to jump into new things ... hopefully this neck issues I have now will not require a GP and referral. I know 50 is not that old compared to 70 but I guess it is a factor I need to remember when working out with others half my age.

Catch up soon.