Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Full credit to you for getting back up and heading of for a long walk. 3/4 of a mile is a long walk after have stopped previous walks and then being stuck in the house for weeks. I understand that very well Sal.

I like how you keep getting back up. That is often more important than the walk. Try to think of it like that.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

A genuine giving video for a change. We got sick of seeing spoiled parents and their spoiled kids + all those glorified giving videos. We thought this one to be quite genuine.

"...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

The sims

How does this sound? I will post my more generic light hearted interests that motivate me in this space here and leave the heavy stuff and insights on my Blog? Sounds like a plan to me. I'm getting ready to power on with a new routine centered around my NDIS planning ... I'll also leave that for my blog. For now ... I just share the fun stuff that comes to mind.

I make this my last post of the day:

THE SIMS:
    I'm still following a massive 66 video tutorial for Cities: Skylines and also Learning to drive trains in Raliworks Train Simulator. I've even been posting in the Farm Simulator 2017 forum. But right now it's time for me to head back into the sims for some basic 101 escapism. It might even motivate me and give me some ideas to cleaning up my routine. I've in fact just read a couple of interesting articles on just that the other day. There are pros and cons to the way this can work as you will find if you care to skim the following links:

How Playing The Sims Taught Me to Really Live

People Who Played The Sims Are Healthier And Happier, Claims Expert

It's on irony of sorts for me as my perspective on 'Success' is far removed from the way it's commonly sold. In fact the consumerist side of the game is a polar opposite to that which I yearn. That said I still agree with a lot of the healthy mind sets that can come about from using these type of living simulations. Sadly second life is off the charts when it comes to mind sets and something my wife won't allow me to play. I agree with others that second life has the potential for so much more from a game mechanics perspective. I only wish I was a game develop so I could implement many more options into the likewise games that are more aligned with my own personal insights.

Anyways .... whatever your ideals ... these kinds of simulations make for great escapes. I have all the Sims 2 and wrote a little about how I scored that through Origin many posts back in another thread. I am not sold on Sims for ... but am getting ready to load up Sim 3 via the PC platform knows as Steam.

Despite being a couple of years old, the follow short video looks to cover the history of the Sims quite well:

Just my 2 cents worth:
    These games are classic examples of how great gaming mechanics are lost in the quest for graphical enhancements, leaving many previous would be fans disgruntled. Although a TV series, it happened with Star Trek Discovery :P :P :P - imo Sims 4 lost critical gaming elements and add too much irrelevant content with perhaps the sims 2 being highly regarded by many hard core fans throughout the entire series. Granted Sims 4 did have a few things new but at too much cost to those who already knew the series so well. Those not accustomed to the history of the game or new to genres typically are wowed with graphics and misunderstand unfavorable reviews. It is much the same with newly released likewise simulation games. Not always ... but typically so with pusdo commercial games like the sims. Thankfully Xplane11 was an improvement, but that's another story. I enjoy collecting many different version as what is lost in one still offers another aspect the previous ones do not have ... Sometimes we get lucky with games that have it all which is how I rate Cities Skylines from a city building perspective. Rarely does that happen.

Regarding Sims 5 ... there may yet be hope.
    https://www.thegamer.com/the-sims-5-rumors-true-other/

The following comment in the above linked video comparison of games nailed it for me ... such things are lost in the race to wow new fans:
    "sims 2 may have been limited
    (but) had the greatest game play of all time. the way the sim's interactions are incredibly realistic and detailed and that's what makes it genuine. For instance, if a child sees their family members fighting, they would run into another room and cry and the parent would stop what their doing, get down on one knee to the child's level and console them. That is so deep. would sims 3 and 4 do that? Nope. I feel that the creators really outdone themselves with sims 2 and its definitely the most memorable."
    295 likes with many agreeable replies.

If only the newer releases kept these critical dynamics. Oh well ... is hard to get the best of everything.
    Last edited by Ponder; 12-08-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Hi Dave..............................
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Thank you Dave.. yeah, gets harder to walk when spending too much time in bed. I get back up because I don't want life to get me so easily.

Can you believe I'm still playing my old gaming systems. Maybe upgrade someday LOL

Wouldn't be the same without you here

Thanks for making my day D Hope the salt helped and that the ice is less of an issue?

You can't beat most of those classic games Sal. If you do, there are worth playing again and again.

I found a page on net and I am already so deep into it, puzzles https://www.thejigsawpuzzles.com/Puz...-jigsaw-puzzle
    it calms me down so much and you can chose from 20 pieces to I believe 500 , On huge monitor it is a pleasure, Ponder you were right it is very satysfying Nightgflyiers new sci fiction series,; I like it a lot a lot
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Cool. Great Idea! I love the jigsaw puzzle site. Thanks for linking me up. Srry, I can't say the same about Nightflyers. I've already been involved in a few rants with other sci/fi fans on that one. It's pretty much what Star Trek has become. BUT I am glad you like it D.

I find it's not easy to find stuff that gives me a boost. More of what's an offer seems to just drag me down. I have enough drama in my life of late. Been struggling with tendencies again. My cortisol has been WAY off the charts that exercise and eating right has had no positive affect. I need to find positive influences in my life about now, (I consider you one of them) so what I take in from TV to the topics I choose to focus on ... I need to be careful in that sense. Yet I admit ... an honest approach is not always the comfortable one. In this regard I am not so easy to read. I am, and am not ... sorry about that. That's just another conflict which can make honest writing all the more harder. "Simple but not easy" ← good old - Jon Kabtt-Zin - Hope he is still going strong.

THANK YOU for linking that sci fi! I mean not to be down. It just made me think about the available content of late and to be honest that depresses me. I think I need to find more comedy but am out of touch with a lot of the actors, demographic, culture and so on. I don't find many of those funny. Perhaps when I am not feeling so suicidal. I find myself watching some of the older dramas as they seem pretty tame compared to now. No political correctness, gender issues, marginal hangups, sexual complexes and the array of other BS that is consistently spun into the themes of our day. I thought changing genres would help as I take over an hour to choose what the fuck ever between Netflix or Stan ... but pretty much all the genres are weighed down with that overly dramatic soul sapping content that does more to leave me feeling depleted than actual provide an relief, escape or whatever you want to call it. More likely a hit!

But not all is lost ... on occasion I do find some content that allows me an 'escape.' I find it sad that being a term many of us pick. When I am feeling more spirited, more in tune ... I can handle the gloss and even appreciate it. It's just with so much TV now doing incorporating Hollywood Block Buster Gloss ... well, I think from my perspective I find it unbalanced in a way that effects me negatively. So it is now that watching a movie or TV is something that gives me trepidation knowing just how unbalanced it's all become. Perhaps I am only one of a few that sees it this way. I don't know. Something in me tells me I am not. I am just not so easily distracted any more. Whilst this might be seen as a 'sucks to be you' kind of thing ... I choose to view it more as yet another awakening. Waking up is not some spiritual gift or blissful event ... quite the opposite. I wish I was still asleep!

Thanks D - you have kind of helped me with your sci-fi link. I have been struggling very much on just how depressed I get when flicking through the Nefitlx and Stan Menus. I think I know why now. It is what is - I'm as low as you can get with rock bottom ... I think I am ready to start healing once again. Just getting real tired of the cycles is all.

My NDIS planning ended up going quite well as the people sitting around the table in my house where very open to my insights, my fears, and my hopes. My package is somewhat different from the majority in that I handle my illness differently from most. This fact will always have me seen in a minority; even in places like here.

I think I leave it at that ... Yesterday I was talked down in a very positive way by someone from the Redress. I really really needed that. Is good to know they are getting better at handling people over the phone.

I try to post about something uplifting in my blog later today. I wanted it to be the other way around ... the light stuff here, and the heavy stuff in my blog.

I just type ... how I feel at the time. I've actually made an attempt to not dig a deeper hole. I always try in that regard - otherwise actually jumping of the chair would be an easy affair.
    Last edited by Ponder; 12-10-2018 at 01:22 PM.

I know ponder, the cycles drain me and leave me seemingly less able to repair each time. Totally get the cortisol being off, I take prednisone that directly affects that hormone, leaves you shaky and unable to sleep well. Do you know why its off? I'm unsure what can be done to correct it naturally. Sleep isn't refreshing or restoring for me, I wake up like I was hit by a sledgehammer most days.

I just like to hear form you here or there no matter light or heavy, just feel when you go quiet you are suffering in silence and I know that all too well - trust me.

This is a rough time of the year for a lot of us, sometimes we can blame it on that, triggers are strong for me now. Family and celebrating and everything.

I walked today again in the cold 1 mile and it was almost silent and I had time to think (not all good but important) and I feel I'm accomplishing something again. Sort of in zombie-mode though during the holidays but I try to not be a complete scrooge, at least outwardly as beast as I can. The lights are pretty and some (not the religious stuff) are nice to hear and I can get into frosty the snowman.

Anyway, we care about you here, you'll be back up again and going strong soon enough.
    Last edited by salvator here; 12-10-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Thx Sal - I got plans today. All good. Walking detoxes in many ways. I like your style with the trudging through. We hard cases obviously knows what works, otherwise we would not continue to forge on like we do.

Keep posting while you can ... it's helping a lot of people and beleive it or not ... the forum is slowly ... slowly seeing more activity. I see this forum as one of the more grounded places to be.