Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    I answered on fb not visiting it so this is why. I am so sorry she has to go through it, Of course my sorries are not needed, they change nothing
    I have no idea what to do in your situation. You know we are so upset these days, till we get all test done. My heart breaks every time I look at him. The lack of information does not do good for my anxiety.
    I do not know if you remember i had worked in nursing home for 7 years, at the time I had not much English, not enough to convinced authorities, that abuse is a everyday life in there. I tried to tell one of the bosses, but it had not worked, I do believe residents are abused there on daily bases. eh , ethics are on decline in our world
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Hopefully the results will be as downplayed as mine. I still don't know until results after my operation but not much I can do about that. Given the episode as I lightly touched upon in previous post, I kind of care less. All my attention in on the little one right now. I am please to say we are all in a good spot as far as that goes. Although is hard to ponder that issue when considering where that may or may not go.

I hurt my neck once more climbing through the window and straddling a chest of draws when breaking into my daughters house. Thank goodness for your recommendation of the ice pack. I have started using again with good affect.

Re the abuse - it goes on outside those facilities as well. In all the most well to do families and organisations in fact. It's even prevalent in private institutions now. Mostly always has.

What to do ... It's just a hard lesson many of us have to bare. yes ... do what we can do to find peace and all that, however suffering is something we just can't escape. Heaps of uncertainty all the way. Right now I just do the best I can do for my grandson. That is all that matters to me. I wish I could do more for me daughter, but did all I could last night. It was a hard call. Now it's out of my hands.

Isolation is a tough one. Sadly the laws that are suppose to provide peace and protect, do more to isolate and separate. (Privy BS) Indeed it was very hard to call upon the same system that I fear myself - lets hope she does not get inappropriately dealt with by a male nurse or any nurse for that matter.

Anyways ... I not focus on that shit too much. Lets see how the system conduct itself when they land on my door with their questions, implications and directions. Still a long road to travel. It will be in this case for the next 15 years to say the least. Perhaps when I am 65 it might get better. lol D - I guess you nearing the answer to that one ... is OK you can tell me as much as you want. I know it really never ends. All good ... I deal with it today like the next and so on.

Yesterday I ate NO Processed foods or sugar. I see if I can do that again for today.

All the best re the results ... day at a time ... day at a time D.

thanks D. Today I was on the phone for like 3 hours, at least 1.5 with my brother, he is out of hospital and his kidneys started to work a bit, .
    that's feels so much better not to be scared for his life, My older brother is better with his DVT so all good news, I talked a long time with wifey of younger brother, I love her so much. She is so spiritual, and such good soul, she always makes me feel much better, She is the one who always believes in me, It helps a lot.
    I hope you going to get better, however a lot of shit coming your way from the system. You know that, try to desensitize yourself, yeah ice compress helps with so much, even arthritic pain goes away with it, it takes the inflammation down I will keep you posted with the situation in home, I keep my fingers crossed that this will resolve in a good way, yours and mine
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

That all sounds very encouraging regardless of the road ahead. Your post is very much appreciated. It seems to indicate just how important connection is. I am pleased you have a friend with such a deep connection and that she leaves you feeling so much better. Glad your brothers are doing well enough.

I wish to talk about Isolation because I know my daughter is suffering quite a bit with this. I also remember it quite well and still suffer myself to some degree, however learning things are not always as they seem.

Isolation is not so straight forward as it would seem as some people can connect easily with themselves and their surroundings without the need to constantly be in the presence of others; in a way that so many of us cannot. This to me presents in a different context to the pressures that main stream mental health services place on psycho-socialization and reintegration. Whilst from my experience there is great benefit to be had in that, it's not quite that same kettle of fish and just as prone to make people regress due to the agenda and frame work associated to those services.

I find healthy connections is more about finding the right dose and that being flexible with changing circumstances of the individual. This point being something that goes astray when encouraging and influencing people to socialize in large groups. The type of connections being made just as important as finding the right dose. Too much too fast leads to toxic connections, so too, when we give in to fear and then also when our ego gets in the way. This for me has made it hard to try and reach out when wishing to easy my daughters pain. Given all this, I now find myself also in a lot of pain.

The system as previously mentioned does more to separate and isolate families with it's privacy laws and the ever present power play with all public servants involved. Even if we had money to go private we are still plagued with the fact that nothing can be done when one is not willing to help themselves. The ongoing constant threats and taunts testify to that fact. Whilst no longer having the energy to sustain such antics my wife and I are coming to a spot where despite not liking how many service throw around the term 'enable,' we only now call upon upon said services with no hope for resolve, other than for us register our concerns. From there as once again stated, vital connection is clinically controlled and isolated. This is how many families are clinically separated. To a lessor degree but just as toxic, this is how a community of people are treated as a whole when frequenting medical establishments. How can people be expected to foster connections when the way in which they are treated is anything but human? Do you get my drift? Drift being quite an apt word as is my point with a world wide crisis in how today's families and people are drifting further and further apart. A reality kept at bay by all those glossy and deceptive marketing images. (typically those do more to keep us feeling sick) Alas it need not be like this - I put more time into thinking on that next time around. Still acknowledging this end.
    Last edited by Ponder; 02-11-2019 at 01:31 PM.

I agree with every world you posted, every word
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

HI D Thanks for the up vote. Guess what ... happy birthday to me ... happy birthday to me. Today is the day I turn 50 on the 'Old Speedometer.' Now it's official.

Something I know you can appreciate. No matter how much I try to gain on you D, you always seem to be steadily out in front. LOL ... just kidding.

Happy Birthday Ponder

I really enjoyed your posting about isolation. Thank you for that !!

Happy Birthday D. have an easy day, Best wishes
    you are very young D.
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Thanks guys ... had a reasonable day. Very tired though with all the drama and extra duties but we are more than functional and doing OK. My support person comes today so I will get a boost. The little one will return and mum is doing OK. First we take him to doctor because like you D - he seems to struggle with allergies. It needs to be checked because we really don't want to keep giving him antihistamines all the time. Diet is very hard with autism. VERY ... but I have a few tricks that get in the much needed vit & mins. in that respect I always make sure he visits if even just for pop to slip in some of the good stuff. But like I say ... all is well enough on that front.

I also got in some therapy yesterday with my support coordinator attending as requested. I sat there with her and the long standing psychologist. I am much better understood and it makes it easier to be more flexible regarding the governments frame work and agendas. These inner workings my therapist assists me to create records (in advance) and keep them on hand to make the job easier for those service providers willing to work with us. Once you can start dealing with all the pain, bitterness and tantrums ... it's easier to make a case then sit back and start focusing on stability (a much preferred word over recovery)

Srry to go on ... hmmm what else

I scored some PC games for my Birthday (although this time have not much to play them - I need to make time but be more conservative in the doing)
    For my birthday my eldest daughter who has less on her plate purchased me a game on my wish list. YAY : )

Damn I goto run ... I name the games a little on.

Be well guys

Huge Day ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Eating Clean Day 4 almost done. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz Spent 4 hours + cleaning. It was a full on run. More to go. ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Little one is back home where he belongs.

Hope you guys are doing well enough?