Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Well D - After some weeks of looking now, I have finally decided on a hobby. Not sure how Lisa is going to react as she tends not to have much confidence in my these days. It will be a completely new learning experience, but I think a very practical solution to a long time problem for me. SEWING! That's right. I'm going to learn to sew. More specifically, learn to make my own clothes. I am sick to death of not being able to find clothes that fit me properly. Other than the fact my waist line fluctuates, I struggle mostly with finding the right sized crutch and width to length ratio of both arms and legs. Other than not being of average height (whatever that is) My body proportions just never fit most of the standard wall mart variety and even then some of the more expensive shops also fail to fit my needs. I'm over having to roll up sleeves to make them fit as too with long pants and also sick of shorts that go past me knees.

I can say that living in a world bent on image that lack of proper fitting clothes equates to lack of confidence like a broken nose and busted teeth. But that's another story.

I joined two sewing forums, still awaiting approval to join. I found a sewing class in town but they specified the word 'WOMEN' so have already given up on that idea. Sadly there is a Stone Age Red Neck Rural Mentality in the coastal town where I live. Sigh! So much for equality in that. So yea ... I will just have to use YouTube and rely on the good will of others threw the online sewing world. I'd like to start more with some Men's Patterns on Shorts. Seems like men's patterns are not so easy to find or at least beginner ones. I'm also not finding much info on measuring up as most of the beginner talk does not seem to talk about the crutch or inner measurements. Just waist and a few other outer measurements.

Anyways ... this is not for forum for that kind of talk. None the less I am sure you get the idea. I also like the idea of making my own bags and perhaps sewing more heavier materials to create a more variety of 'things.' I actually think if I could crack how to make my own shorts and maybe even some longs + a few shirts, the idea of making my own threads is starting to sound pretty cool! I think it would be an awesome skill.

What do you think? At least I don't have to wait on the weather conditions, transport or rely on anyone else.

Hope this finds you well.

Adios ... until next post.
    Last edited by Ponder; 04-12-2019 at 06:19 AM.

do you have sewing machine. As soon as I was settled in Canada I got it and start to sew. at this time courdoy pants were so much trendy so I made for my daughter like 6 pairs, I made clothes for me and for her. Till the time is was easier to buy than to make. i learned how to make my own clothes at ripe age of 15
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Sounds like it was a good experience D. Yes we have a sewing machine, however as I suspected my wife shot the idea down in flames. Not enough space, too much money, too difficult and so on. I think half those points stem from a personal dissatisfaction via her own experience and living in a family of seamstresses. By the time she finished with additional reasons as to why I should not toy with the idea, I protested some, but eventually gave in thinking about how much space I probably would need; given my extreme efforts when I do take on new hobbies.

OH WELL ... Back to the drawing board.

She is right, today clothes is so cheap and you can find whatever you desire, Fabric is very expensive.......... should be the other way .
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

BACK ON MY BIKE!

No medicine left. Feeling like there is hope in site however according to the information I've obtained, I still have to take it easy with this pneumonia recovery phase. The things is, I am still coughing my guts up despite feeling a little better fatigue wise. Despite that fact, I feel if I have some strength/vitality, that it would be wise to use said energy; lest my body give way to sedentary living. So it was that today that I pumped up my tires and started peddling at an easy pace regardless of location depicted being uphill. This made for a good breeze at the final destination and for an even better ride for the return journey; a good thing for my recovery.

Generally I don't like taking my bike unless I have a reasonable amount of space with plenty of grass and lush green trees at my desired destination. The small urban spaces made available in high density zones are too close to busy roads for my liking. I am too sensitive to the noise and smell in those situations. This location seem to be at just the right distance from my house, with a challenging grade re the physical effort to pedal my way there. The layout of land is not flat, but I like the position of road side bench looking over the tops of the trees:

Note the wider angle view below:

Whilst the upper roadside bench looks into the tree tops, I beleive the lower bench (lower tree line bike side) offers a more immersive view in front of the trees. I note the young sapling next to the bench that in a few years will no doubt provide shade. This tiny park land is in a newly built area. I question how long these benches will be here. For now it's good to know it's another spot I can ride to. It's position is high enough that its near line of site to the ocean which would make it good for short wave radio. Good airflow as well.

I did not walk down to the lower bench although considering it as a choice spot for simple meditation in front of the swaying trees. The grass was long and wet. Perhaps on a dryer morning:

The only other thing to add to that, is that when I pull up in such areas, I generally take out my earbuds to appropriately take in the moment. Generally I do ride with earbuds in. These are NOT active noise canceling so I can still hear (a little) of what's going on around me. That said I am slowly doing deaf and have hearing aids that I don't use. My eyes are slowly starting to degrade but that's OK ... it's a natural process that as we age our bodies are not as effective as they once were. Of course our modern way of living and the choices we make can greatly add to such deterioration. Some of that we have a choice in and others we do not. Is what it is. Thankfully under brighter conditions I am still able to ride and drive without my glasses. I do however pause to think when looking at this image - just how much acceptance plays into healthy living. In this regard I am kind of enjoying this next phase of my life. Not long now D ... not long.

Bi/multi focals are my next order of business. The transitioning kind with polarization. Perhaps you could give me some tips what to look for in a set of mutlifocals D?

Last edited by Ponder; 04-13-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Took the car which I rarely do these days and visited a friend. After that I managed to do a little shopping sporting a new hat!

Just going to research more on Stand Up Paddle Boarding AKA SUPing. Then hopefully have enough in me to just do the whipper snipping. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I use transisional, so they get dark on sun and light in house, In car they are in medium specturm. I use for the last 5 years Nikon lenses, High index, I think mine are 1.61 the lights at night are small and I can actually drive at night, I hate to do it in general. my last frame (very important) is Bugoise, light and very comfy an kind of trendy shape, I have another pair which is not that ligh, Bueberry the designer, It seem that frames are the key for me to fell comfy wearing them, I have a huge difference between the eyes and they are expensive, You may get a good qulity lenses for lest mine were like 560 . Designer frames a round 200. I am not a snob you know that but it seems that cheap frames from chine are uncomfy and awful . You will use them for two or three years, chose wisely. I have three vision distance, computer, and reading in my pair but this is typical for high index, Good luck D. I am glad you feel better
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Thanks D - Much appreciated.

Did I tell you about the Mini Tramp/Rebounder I imported from the US? I researched the hell out of them I picked the cellerciser based on David Hall's exercise program. I could almost write my own book on why I did not go with the bungee cord option. Each have their pros and cons, but when it comes to the science, David Hall's method makes a lot of sense. The bungee cord variety look easy enough, however most people spend too much time in the air which results in less repetitions which is less effective. The deeper bounce is also reported to cause foot pronation which results in other complications and bla bla bla and bla. Remember when I said I am done with pumping iron ... I meant it. I'll look into some other forms of stretching exercises, keep walking and perhaps use my bike for aerobic conditioning, but using the mini tramp will be my main focus. I dabbled a little early on and despite falling ill (too much on the treadmill and other factors) -

I got to say it's something you can even do before bed without buzzing yourself out. I slept so soundly last time I tried. Currently my grandson has been using it at his house, since I have been too sick to use it. That changes now though. I will be dismantling his big one at my place, returning that one and taking back my mini trap! I won't tell you how much I paid for it! ... Many people claim the springs are noise but that's BS. It's amazing what a little quality oil and a pair of socks can do. I am able to exercise in the house without making any noise at all while everyone is asleep. The whole treadmill concept and various other machines are too big, too heavy and too loud. I wish I had found out about this kind of body cleansing technique ages ago. I would not of worn out my joints so unnecessarily so.

I got the Half Folding kind that fits easily into my car boot ... the even more expensive one is the Tri Folding version. I'm still using the balance bar to try some of the angle moves but once I master that, I'm right to remove the balance bar completely. The thing to note about David's Hall system is that it is far removed from the hyper extreme aerobics kind often sold with other rebounders. He does have some high intensity workouts, but it only makes up like 5% of his overall exercise focus. His method is rather progressive and forgiving. It leaves me feeling better than anything I have previously tried. That I already know from the few workouts I did before falling very sick. I'm on the mend now ... I'll wait another week before really hooking back into it, but the thing is ... you can use this device from a completely rehabilitation point of view. Many disabled people do. Anyways ... most people don't know about it, because it's that last thing the fitness industry want's people to know.

The guy is a bit eccentric, but then so am I. I have watched many of his video presentation and they are pretty much about the same thing ... bit of a brain-washy sales pitch like tony robins in many other vids compared to this ... but his explanation of how it works is spot on. Great for cleaning out the lymh system ... if unsure about springs (his being the best in the world) Vs Bungee ... He has a video about that in his website.

2019 updated vid:

Actually I found the video (below link) where he dispels some of the myths proposed against the spring system as well as his version of how the bungee system does not work with his methodology. Yea ... his is Bias ... but I love the guys passion and he replied to my emails with about the same enthusiasm to sell his product and yadda yadda. The bungee system seems to play more into the club mentality compared to this guys still somewhat extroverted nature. You know how I am wary of the latter. Still though ... he makes a lot of sense and in the end I am really happy with my purchase as too that decision being the better option.
    Cellerciser vs. Bungees (Bellicon)

Yea ... I know I am just as crazy
    I did all that research a whiles ago and more before buying his rebounder. It's an investment to be sure. I don't like buying crap when it comes to such things. Value for money over the long term counts when making purchases like that. You go cheap with those things and you can do more damage than good. He has more vids that go on about such things at his website.

OK ... I best chill out then gets some sleep. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Night Night .....
    Last edited by Ponder; 04-15-2019 at 06:16 AM.