Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    you guys are kind but I just do not open door if they are persistent I open and say dont spek eglash then bam the door closed

Thanks for the read Sal. I guess that's why it is often said that wisdom come with age. A refining process that many others to not get.

Holly crap Sal ... I hope we did not deadlock our doors All good ... I got a spare for us both.

In a rush but I check PM when I get back and think more about what you said Sal ... Uncanny how I think the same way. I connect very much with both you guys with whatever you type.

Got to go ... my digital walking partner is waiting for a call ... just as well I we are both able to disconnect : )
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

you guys not going to believe, yesterday I wanted to restart computer and my SSD disk borke, They made a clone and exchanged for the new one, like one hour, of course not charge,Never any disk let me down in 5 computers. eh . any way I do get up with the alarm clock does not matter if I had sleep few hours. I am getting up anyway, then go early to bed and have no problem to fell asleep. Sal I was called a social butterfly but I am everything but that, I had changed , I am not the same person, not even close what i was 10 years ago
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Srry to hear about the SSD drive. RIP - Hope the new one is up to scratch.

The new generations and the older ones still asleep/clinging, refer to such changes as no more than bitter and depressed aging akin to nostalgia. I'll admit one can become bitter and depressed, but such changes have nothing to do with nostalgia. It's more a case of waking up and having had enough of the drama.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be alone ... wanting space. I like connecting with others ... but finding more and more ... I need my space. People who can't live with themselves usually need others to hide behind ... whether it be behind one individual, larger groups and or typically ... systems of beliefs and ideals.
    Last edited by Ponder; 12-12-2018 at 05:31 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

I hope your computer was still covered by warranty Dahila.

I even created a thread here about battening with bitterness either last year or the year before. I have to be careful with nostalgia; that can send me into a tailspin. Even had to throw away old pictures that were triggers.

oh yes it is covered
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Something Different:

The Last Thursday Theory also makes a lot of sense ... yet I still have questions. Always will. All theories sound feasible to me. Take your pick.

Was sleeping really good but then got a call from a private number well after 10pm. Some machanic claiming I called previously. I could not remember, but then after the call ... thought what businesses call after 10pm?

Now blocking unknown numbers regardless of many governments depts that often call me. It's not worth the hassle of being harrassed. Hopefully those calling with a private or hidden number will receive a message telling them that the person they are calling has unknown numbers blocked so they can decide if they really need to talk, they can do it honestly.

Now to get back to sleep. Zzzzzzzzzzzz God fucking damn it! Grrrrrrrr

All good ... did the following two exercises and feel much better now. This is why we need to drink more water and keep moving guys:

That phone interruption greatly impeded my sleep last night. Nevertheless it was just the trigger I needed to get serious about cutting people out of my life that have the potential to stress me like so. As well as block all unknown numbers, I have switched off my message bank and the annoying txts that let me know when people have called. I'm also going to start leaving my phone at home more often and look into just getting an mp3 media device or just revert to my old mp3 head set. Fact is I would do better to start venturing out with less static constantly being attached to me ears. I'm also struggling going to bed without it being like so.

Another good move would be to clean up me email address by unsubbing and blocking. That way I might start using my email in a less stressful manner. The thought of my email account is as distressful as that when thinking of my phone. I really need to get back control of my life and I can't do that knowing just how much people have become slave to their devices. Sure many love this aspect ... but not me ... not since waking up. It was not so bad during those days we were asked when installing software if we would like a service to then simply tick the box, but now it's all about being subject to everything where if we do not want something that it's up to us to make the effort to un-tick ALL those boxes. Many of the newer generations will not understand how much freedom we once had. Moreover just how oppressive our lives have become.

From now on, I relegate my phone to a very small number of people and use my email in my own time. I have some work to do regarding my email as it currently weighs me down.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

I never really considered just how much I have been drained via my phone and email, let alone all the door knockers. I never had this problem 20 years ago living out of town. I still had a phone and email address, but it was nowhere as bad as things have become this day and age ... regardless of living in town. I don't mind living in a larger place where I can access more services and community groups, but not at the expense of continual intrusion. Not to worry ... I will start addressing these points of invasion and advice those services that wish to hide behind private unknown numbers that they will have to use email as I am no longer using my phone.

Email also has the benefit of holding people accountable ... which is why so many services do not like to use it. Being called out of the blue is also something not good for my focus and leaves me vulnerable to being easily influence. This dynamic is something that many people and services exploit. I really think I am onto something with all this blocking, cutting out and dialing back of use of said devices. I even think this might be the case with cutting back services.

Cool ...

Righto ... on with my day.

Adios until next post.

PS - Don't bother calling! Email me and I'll get back to you next year.
    Last edited by Ponder; 12-13-2018 at 02:45 PM.