Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    my home remedies fail in this situation, I have no idea what it is, it moves up to my calf so I am terrified, Wakes me up at night, Can not put socks need to keep cool. eh
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Yes and is concerning if your using the steroid creams more than prescribed and still not working. The way you describe your inability to keep warm whilst itching like crazzy reminds my of when I was living back in Toogom (remember all the photos I took of the ocean and out going tides) I was then struggling with either scabies or massive reaction to the local 'miges' which is a tiny form of mosquito. You where recommending all kinds of remedies and whilst some helped, I remember being in a stage where nothing worked. It was all over my body by that stage. I had to lay back in a recliner with some kind of powder all over me. I think it was called 'Diatomaceous Earth' I would have a shower and then cover myself in the stuff. I even showered with the stuff.

Anyways ... even after using pills they give to horses for parasites - I think in the end it was more about a skin reaction to the midges. It was middle of winter and I found the only was I could sleep was in a recline with barley any covers on me. I was cold BUT any form of heat just made the whole rash worse; unbearable.

So it is I understand well (although most likely different allergy)the symptoms sound similar given the inability to cover oneself.

We just can having similarities D. Hopefully you too will in time come out the other side appreciating the pain and suffering of lessor things.

This morning I go for my operation:
    They have me first one of the conveyor belt. I think I mentioned before. The anesthetist rang me last night. He sounds like a nice bloke. He is going to put me to sleep even though he mostly does not for others getting the same operation. He understands the extent of my anxiety and also how I find the hospitals even more triggering. Man I wish I could afford to go private all the time. The way in which they are dealing with me is way more human that then public system. It's such a shame that it all comes down to money with such things. Oh well. THX MUM & DAD!!!

The funny thing is D - I am finding more and more lumps with each passing year. I beleive many are just part and parcel of growing old and given the age we are living in, one is lucky if they don't end up like a 3 eyed fish.

LOL - I think I make an avatar for now. That kind of defines me well enough of late.

Hmmmm ... Not sure what to do. I am not allowed to eat as of last night ... nor drink. The sun is still only just rising so I might go for a walk. Only thing there is I am also not allowed to drink anything either. BUT - the walk will help my nerves. Yea I go for a long walk.

Catch up soon.

Wishing you well D ... Get well soon!

it is based on allergy in my situation , scabies do look different actually if you look at your skin with the blue lamp you will see the corridors they make in skin, Awful disease, I had this once in hospital, yes I got it in Army hospital. I was there with pneumonia, shoot and ended up on dermatology ward.
    I kind of belevie it is Dyshidrosis , Dyshidrotic Eczema, but so far it is not so much of it, it moved on the top of my hands, I am at loss. it is kind of confusing.
    oh i hope you survive the hospital, it is major stress for me, drinking water is allowed cause it will be gone in like an hour. you are going through anesthetic and they worry about vomiting but not with water, that's absolutely crazy. I do understand food but water???? Good Luck Dave
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I got it wrong. I could of had water, but you know me. Oh well. Huge day. I let you know more tommorow when I wake up. I respond with your reply in mind then. Zzzzzzzzzzz

One of the nurses was patronizing...but you know that's to be expected I guess? I ignored her, but it frustrated and saddened me at the same time. I try to let it go now.
    Last edited by Ponder; 02-19-2019 at 04:01 AM.

yeah they behave like we are animals not people, the tone, the god like tone is pissing me off each time. I just put down one of them showing what I know about diabetes, She asked me twice Are you a nurse? I said twice no , I do not know how to search the knowledge , They think they are the only ones with access to information
    Any way they recommend eating margarine and Canola oil, they lost me there right away, hell our health care is awful
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Yea - I let it go D. I actually did a good job letting go for the most part as events transpired. Anxiety and Hospitals just don't go together. You know the waiting room where you sit prepped with your gown on before they lay you down on the trolley beds? - ... well I was just getting into a train of thought that had no thoughts when all of a sudden a nurse burst through the plastic double flap doors talking at a high volume. Given the contrast between prep waiting area and those double flap doors - well ... that about sums up the extend of mindfulness and toxicity that goes into those places. Those trolley beds are really no different than factory conveyor belts and so to the mannerisms of the people entrusted to take care of the sick. Hence this being the reason I remain silent for the better part trying to focus only on registers as humane and genuine intent. Speaking of which, there were some staff in among all that, that were in fact respectful of who I simply be ... as is written in the documentation. Those staff members seem to be more mindful and 'less' patronizing ... all things considered.

It pays to also acknowledge the good when it presents itself.

My Son in here ... so I best get off this thing. He is visiting with his wife from Brisbane. I put of my supports today (although did my walk with a paid friend) ... I open up more about this as is still all new to me D. I do hope this finds you feeling a little better. I know you are busy and not always able to respond; so TY for the times you have thus far made.

Later.

SAL - hope your still reading and that your OK???

Oh Ponder, I hope you are ok, I do not feel better, worse, the itching on my feet and hands does wake me up in middle of the night, So i get up put steroid on my skin and go to bed keeping my feet and hands uncovered . I keep 17 degree at night, pretty cool. It takes around half an hour of burning itching to improve, Tomorrow I will get to the doc again, obviously the meds do not work , the infection is maybe slightly better but tomorrow my antibiotic ends, Why the heck he gives me it for a 7 days when 10 days is a minimum for bacterial infection. , I am going to explain it to him, Will take the pill before appointment to act in polite and respectful manner
    With the constant itch it is not easy, eh the stress does not help me at all
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I hope you will be alright with everything in the hospital - wishing you well. I hope you're also managing with everything Dahila. I'll fill you both in another time when you get back and settled with everything from the hospital and I know you're doing ok. I'm managing and taking things day-by-day.

It means a lot to know you're thinking about me.
    Last edited by salvator here; 02-20-2019 at 06:11 PM.

I am going to doc tomorrow and feel very anxious about it, I bet he will want me to take prednisone which higher and make havoc with diabetes and blood pressure, We will see I keep my fingers crossed for us there you Sal , ponder and i
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Hi Sal ... glad you popped in. Also wishing you well D. I am feeling very low and think I will just ride that out and spare you guys the long winded sighing. ... Is all good. Just need more rest I thinks.

Good luck D!

Edit ... wish us well ... we have a warning of approaching cyclone which could present to be an issue of the next few days. Although I will care less until my clothes line starts to fly. Is funny watching how many people buy up the shop shelves and then nothing happens. You just don't know when to take them seriously these days with all the hype they make and selling of fear.
    Last edited by Ponder; 02-21-2019 at 12:58 AM.