Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

And they're back... [Panic attacks - need advice quick]

Hey guys,

I wish I could say I'm coming with good news, but I'm not. I'm currently having a panic attack - the first real one after 3 years. I'm shaking, heart is going fast, not able to breath properly etcetc the usual.

I think I have an idea as to why it hit me today. I've recently(1 week ago) moved out of my parents home, so I've felt lonely. I've been questioning some things about myself and as much as I'd like to be happy without having anyone next to me, I'm really not. I'm sad and lonely.

Everyone of my addictions is getting worse and worse. My relationship to people is getting worse. I'm just in a very very bad place right now. And now this hit me.

I'm trying to handle it with all that I can. Breathing through it. And I'm also trying to keep positive. It's seems like being negative is what triggers it. Too much negative things in my life leads to this. I'm not sure I'm even making sense right now, I can't think properly.

Anyways, I need some advice or anything on how to handle this again. I'm letting it flow through and just accepting that I'm having it. If I remember correctly, that was how I got through it last time. Idk, I just want someone to talk to.

Ugh this is hell man. This fucking feeling. I forgot how awful it was. The feeling as if you've been trapped and there's no going back. The heart going ham. The shaking and not being able to speak properly. Ugh. Any help or advice is very much appreciated.

I will be looking through the forum in the meantime.
    Last edited by AliasEQ; 11-12-2018 at 08:20 PM.
    Proffesor deReal - at your service!

Perhaps try walking whilst breathing. Moving is good for calming the brain, but do it slowly and find a place your comfortable moving about. Try not to focus on all 'that stuff.' Passing Time - Getting through the pain in this here and now is probably best done focusing on moving slowly and your breathe ... then come back and check the forum. Be careful what your looking for when browsing ... try to focus on quiet ... silence ... the spaces in between the surges of angst ... just ride the discomfort and know each wave will pass the more you can catch your breath.

Here ... if you have mobile device with ear plugs or able to use headphones:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZZ2-axFB5g

It may not be your thing ... but then again it may help you calm the mind and just focus on the feelings rather than the thoughts. Is important to take on the feelings little bit by little bit rather than the feeding off the mind.

Srry your not doing so well. I've been banging my own head against the wall with Society in general. I won't go there except to say ... there is more to breathing than just breathing. Using sound therapy, movement, or doing anything that deescalates the mind will help you naturally breath.

Once you get past this episode ... try not to solve everything in one go. Let what will be - be. I am learning I am the only one that can help myself. Many out there say they can help and offer all kinds of solutions but in the end all we have is our self. Work on how your feeling about yourself. I get that it's lonely. I feel it. Most of those proposed solutions out there fall short if we can't live with our self. The more we rely on others, the less power we have for us.

Be Kind to yourself ← → When rock bottom ... it feels like you make a friend when you do just that. It's why I came back to the forum and started my own thread. I've been so lonely for so long ... it helps to be kind to self. Start by being careful how you think ... try some of the above or that link.
    Last edited by Ponder; 11-13-2018 at 04:34 AM.

Here ... This one requires a little effort to listen to in the beginning, but if you can handle the first 5 minutes, you may just may get some of the advice your looking for:

Can't go to wrong with 14+ million views - then again ...
    Last edited by Ponder; 11-13-2018 at 04:46 AM.

Thank you, Ponder. Your advice is always greatly appreciated.

I finally got some sleep yday. I feel like I'm getting drained by this though. I forgot how awful this was. I'm in a constant panic attack it feels like. I can't get sleep and I can't do anything else. I'm just sitting here all day dealing with this sh*t.

I wake up and I instantly go into a full blown panic attack that won't ever go away. I tried to sleep again and woke up 4 hours later into another full blown panic attack. And I'm currently sitting here, nervous and anxious. Can't eat anything either. I'm trying to forcefeed myself, but that's not going to hold up.

Ugh. As much as I'd like to do this without medication, I don't think I'm able to this time. Anyways, thanks for the input ponder! I'll check that meditation out!

For sure man. Your always welcome. I can respect whatever choices you make. Although I don't operate too well on meds, they still have their place for me as of late I have in fact taken some to help me get through the odd couple of nights/days due to some hard core heavy dealings over the last several months. I just avoid taking them long term is all. Feeling this way and doing so off and on for long periods of time sets up the 'episodic nature' of mental illness. Do whatever works to give you a better chance at adopting healthy practices. I know for me that the more I am able to get back on my feet; the less I need to rely on assists. However do take whatever helps you get through this patch. It sounds tough man and I hear ya.

It's good to see you again and I am glad you posted. You have helped many people in here, the least some of us can do is reciprocate.

I hope this does at least find you feeling a little better.

Again, thank you man!

It feels good knowing I'm not alone dealing with this sh*t. What really made the panic attack much worse yday was the thought of a "relapse". Going back to this, not remembering how horrible the feeling was. I'm now picking up my old "kit" and things are actually starting to get easier again. Somewhere along the line I started seeing panic attacks as something dangerous rather than a bluff, a joke.

I've gone all day with no appetite, which is the only thing that's worrying me right now. I forced myself to eat some cereal, 1 carrot, 1 pear, 2 smoothies and like abit of rice/meat not even worth mentioning. I don't know how to get my appetite back, I cant even remember this being a symptom of mine 3-4 years ago.

Oh btw, what happend to all the people who used to be here? I feel like it's much less movement here nowadays.

Hi AliasEQ nice to see you but I would prefer if you came to say that you are ok.
    I think you must realize now that your anxiety is not going to go.. it will stick with you so better try to relax. It is not relapse, You have it and when you stressed out or triggered, it could be anything, it is sometime difficult to put your finger on what caused panic attack.
    Medication; Ponder does very well without it, but he is strong, very tough person, I like him so much for being such good positive and sensitive person. Well the problem is we are being too sensitive it is like we wear our insides out . Eh I am on meds for years, tiny dose but I know when I am getting shaky so I take it before the panic occurs. I wish I could sleep without meds and function, I do not function that well without something to take the edge off.
    I had not had a panic attack probably more than a year. Still anxiety is my best friend never leaves me alone. Alias I know that you feel lost , to get used to being alone is a process. It took me a lot of years to plan it and realize it, I am living with someone but the house is big and we do not exchange more that 5 sentences a day , sometimes less. I exist in workshop and computer room.
    I remember you did meditate, am I right Alias? Let us know how you are doing , please Hugs
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

It sure does help when you have peers you can connect with. Places like this can be good for that.

The truth as I see it from my perspective, is that I struggle very, very hard each day to maintain a state of stability. However, thanks heaps for the vote of confidence D. It’s good to have yours and AliasEQ’s support.

D hit’s the nail on the head with respect to relapse Alias, but I get the gist of what you mean. Making friends with anxiety is something I can digest. Works for me. It really is not something to be cured. But that’s another story and not always well understood.

For now … it’s more about you whipping this current episode in the Butt. Sounds like you’re getting back on your feet. As far as appetite guys I need to curve mine, but if you want one … just start working on a healthy routine that based on circadian rhythm and mild activity combined with stable thoughts. All in good time. Stability based on routine takes time. Nothing will ever expedite that.

The Forum Activity? Is what it is. Some people move on, others come back … then others do not. Don’t be put off by less traffic. You can get a LOT of quality interactions in low key forums. You’ll at least get one on one here in a way that counts. Some people thrive on drama that can be had in those moderated forums where it seems to be more about how one speaks rather than what is said.

No matter … we are here now. Is good to see Sal is about. I hope he pops back in, but if not … I send warm thought either way.

Keep on keeping on.

I’m sorry Dahila that I’m coming back with these bad news Idk why or how but this hit me litterally out of freaking nowhere. I’ve always had control over it. And now suddenly I’m just not able to control it like I’m used. I’m trying my best to control it again though!

I understand what you mean. Anxiety doesn’t really go away. You just learn to cope with it I guess. I was coping so good foor 4 years though. It just sucks that I lost my ways and that I have to redo it all and learn new ways.

I still do meditate, it’s just I’ve never had time lately and I guess thats why I got so stressed.

I’m reading every word of ur responses but I can’t type too much sonce Im on my phone and its rly late and I’m having a mild panic attack as we speak. Thank you guys!