Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Post Anti depressant categories

Hi, My doctor says that I've tried a different medication from all of the major categories of anti depressants apart from one which he said you only do as a last resort. The reason is because every anti depressants he's given me causes bad side effects that I cant tolerate and I cant take them long enough to notice any benefit. My question is, is he right to only try one medication from each category? Are other medications from the same category likely to cause the same side effects?

Graylev, have you asked your doctor if he's right to only try one medication from each category? And if so, what did he say?

Also, is your doctor a psychiatrist?

Mainer asked good questions but maybe you need a different doctor...
    This game is, unfortunately, all trial and error.
    I hate to say it but it's true.
    I'm twisted like an Rubiks cube.
    Add me as a friend on here to talk..
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Go to link below to see me and Esme.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

https://image.ibb.co/gCKsxq/33816540-807220306145297-7328234837234417664-n.jpg