Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Anxiety Meds for high hr

Hello,

I am a new member. About ten years ago, I suffered from physical symptoms of anxiety but eventually it went away on its own. However, I have suffered with the mental aspect of anxiety most of my adult life. About 4 months ago the physical symptoms have returned along with panic attacks. I have been having a lot of health anxiety ever since, especially regarding my heart.

My resting HR is very high and I often get "skipped beats" as well as other physical symptoms. I went to the cardiologist who wanted to put me on beta blockers to bring the HR down, but I already have low blood pressure, so I was kind of concerned about that.

At this point, I am leaning towards starting some type of anxiety medication to hopefully calm me down and bring my HR down. I am wondering if anyone who has experienced similar symptoms (high hr, skipped beats) can share any ANXIETY medications that helped bring their hr down? Looking for positive stories only, please

Thank you!!

Srry mate but looking for 'only' positive stories is begging the question and attempting to silence the truth by only requesting half the story - not to mention suppressing another's right from sharing in a PUBLIC forum.

Thank You!!

"While irregular heart beats can seem dire and threatening, when they are caused by being anxious and stress, they aren't harmful. Again, many people experience irregular heart beats when stressed or anxious. Doctors generally aren't concerned about them." Jim Folk, Marilyn Folk, BScN. Last updated April 21, 2018. Irregular heart rhythms, heart flutters or skipped heart beats: www.readitlikeitis

If you want medication then go see a doctor. You'll have no problem with them handing them out. There is really nothing I can add other than being certified and dropped on my head when I came into this world and pretty much suffering ever since, that having been on the medication bandwagon for long periods; that I completely agree with the
    summarization of linked article above:

The combination of good self-help information and working with an experienced anxiety disorder coach, counselor, or therapist is the most effective way to address anxiety disorder and its many symptoms. Until the core causes of anxiety are addressed - the underlying factors that motivate apprehensive behavior - a struggle with anxiety disorder can return again and again. Identifying and successfully addressing anxiety's underlying factors is the best way to overcome problematic anxiety. Jim Folk, Marilyn Folk, BScN. Last updated April 21, 2018. Irregular heart rhythms, heart flutters or skipped heart beats: www.readitlikeitis

Without actually acknowledging the negatives I endured from both the anxiety disorder and resulting treatments, I would not of been able to digest the truth. As for the positives - again only personal experience will yeild realistic results. None the less I am sure you will find many people in this subsection more than willing to ease your concerns with amazing and wondrous stories of their medication success. If in doubt - I pull out the calling card so often used in sites like these - Go See a Professional and do not base your decision through listening to stories or the outcomes of others; especially in forums like these. These places are great for commiseration and outreaching, but when it comes to medication adivce and basing your decisions on the self prescribed positive stories ... like I said - you pretty much kidding yourself as well as others.

Go take the meds and find your for yourself. I'm positively overwhelmed with the knowing that your absolutely going to experience a period of unsettling feelings as the medication is first absorbed into your system [less of course your used to taking them] (make no mistake these types of medications are a poison to the body - that's fact) as your body eventually gives in to fighting the foreign substance (aka poison) and then you beging the honey moon period where you think you've been cured. The only thing is that the longer you take them that eventually you will have to up the dose, mix the strain + combat side effects that inevitably wind up having people taking meds for things like metabolic syndrome, diabetes and on and on.

But you don't won't to hear that and the doctors rarely advertise those facts. Yes - for some people taking these foreign substances into the body is the lessor of two evils. The question for most people is what am I willing to do in order to circumnavigate both those undesirable alternatives.

I finish by referring you to the linked article's
    summarization I cited above.

A good day to your sir and:

Thank You!!

PS - There are no chemical solutions for lifestyle related problems. Only those we ourselves naturally produce.

Last edited by Ponder; 05-10-2018 at 04:22 PM.

True. Very nice!

Very amazing..good job