Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Severe anxiety please help

I have a severe anxiety and being home without any other person creates panic and anxiety. I have to have somebody with me in my home. Also I can not drive or fly. Jobless. Totally stuck in home. Somebody has to drive me around to help me.

What should I do ?

Quote Originally Posted by knp View Post
    I have a severe anxiety and being home without any other person creates panic and anxiety. I have to have somebody with me in my home. Also I can not drive or fly. Jobless. Totally stuck in home. Somebody has to drive me around to help me.

What should I do ?
    You should call a psychologist or a psychiatrist and make an appointment. If you do not know who to call, call your primary care physician and tell him or her that you are suffering from severe anxiety and you would like a recommendation for a mental health professional who can help you address the anxiety. If you cannot go to the appointment by yourself, have a friend or a family member accompany you. Anxiety is treatable. You do not have to be miserable. But you might need some help to deal with it.

I am using pressure points- rubbing my temples and the underside of my wrists about an inch and a half up from where my wrist meets my hand. I read about that somewhere and decided to try it....it seems to work; I'm not sure if there is science behind it....that it maybe calms the nerves, or if it just seems like it works because it gives the mind a distraction (placebo effect)....also I take vitamin B12 and Vitamin D3..I read about a study done in Japan where they found that many people having panic attacks had B12 and vitamin D deficiencies.

Hope that helps!

Take care.