Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Unhappy A new Anxiety Day

Good Morning All

So wierdly today I feel anxious/Panicky...i havent felt like this in quite a while but i can only put it down to knowing that this weekend there is going to be a lot of Alone time which i am not good with.

My wife is going out for dinner with work people tonight after work and then she's meeting a friend for a walk tomorrow morning, then shes out at a Hen do tomorrow night then sunday night shes got to go into work for a couple of hours.

Now normally most blokes/men would be like "sweet, night in/time alone to crack on and do man stuff" however, clearly i am not one of those kinda guys. i hate being alone, i worry that she wont come home each time and no matter how many times she does come up, it still makes me un-easy.

it's friday, i should feel brilliant but knowing im going to be alone from probably 4pm onwards is filling me with sheer dread...

can anyone help?

Hey Friend!
    Sounds like some common symptoms of anxiety possibly due to separation. I'm not a professional but I have struggles with anxiety as well. I've found considerable healing with people I can talk to and trust. For me it was pastors, mentors, and counselors. Have you considered any of these options? Prayers,

I am sorry you are going through this. Anxiety is beast to wrestle, and you can’t do it alone. Is there a family member you can talk to? Perhaps a sibling or your Church Pastor.You can also talk to your doctor; he might be able to refer you to a good therapist. There are also medications that can help you. As for myself I use medication, lots of Prayer and I found a really good book called “Anxious for Nothing” by a great writer Max Lucado. I’m sure you can find it on Amazon or at Barnes and Noble. One of the things in the book that helps me deals with a story about a lady with Parkinson's. Everyday she and her husband sing a Hymn called " Count Your Blessings " . and then they count their blessings. When you look at your blessings Anxiety doesn't stick around. So maybe while the wife is gone take out a tablet of paper and start writing down all your blessings.
    You will be in my prayers my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by overcoming View Post
    Hey Friend!
    Sounds like some common symptoms of anxiety possibly due to separation. I'm not a professional but I have struggles with anxiety as well. I've found considerable healing with people I can talk to and trust. For me it was pastors, mentors, and counselors. Have you considered any of these options? Prayers,
    I have heard Kratom can be useful to recover anxiety and depression. Is this right?