Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Driving 468x60

Thumbs down Do not have anything to do with social services if you can help it!

If you absolutely need support, I guess that is different. You should be entitled to support though that is beneficial and trust is certainly important as well. However, I think a lot of people who work with clients with autism or similar conditions for example are not even qualified, nor do you actually care. It is just a job and most of them are not employed for companies for that long. But my former key worker, her ex and various other people have really messed up my life.

I had issues over the years with people talking behind my back that got the ball rolling as they say and I got abused years ago. After that, they just swept it all under the rug right after I was betrayed by them and they all ruined my life through legal actions. Now I cannot get support. My social worker does nothing for me and I think he just tells people a ton of garbage about me anyway. To be honest, I have not heard from him in like forever now, so what is the point in assuming he has been seeking out alternative support?

I think social workers that steal women's kids away are sick and pathetic too, but it is extremely hard to get rid of them if children are involved, as you have a bond with your family and these social workers intervene, and all they do is screw everything up. My sister had two sons to this guy who abused her years ago. He gets all these people to side with him through acting high and mighty, and now, my family has not seen my sister's eldest son for over 5 years, due to his family essentially stealing him away, shortly after he was born. This year, my sister was diagnosed with a disability that she believes they worsened through their seedy actions and to make matters worse, her lawyer became ill and passed away, so finding a new lawyer is a lot of hassle. They are forcing her to travel to an area near where her ex lives to see her youngest son every 2 weeks, but often, they make excuses to cancel the contact. How is that fair? Her ex gets everything his way, but this all came about after my sister was awarded a measly extra 30 minutes onto her contact time. Before this happened, things were sort of OK for a while. After that, he insisted the kid was too tired from having to travel to the original meeting point, but it seems a funny coincidence how this all occurred right after she got extra time, so I believe he just did it to be a spiteful jerk. He really is not a nice guy at all and he had a job in a college once, but they laid him off for stealing money. Because she has kids to think about, I am sure he will always be a thorn in our sides for years to come. Like a bad smell that just lingers around you.

Regarding socials services, it's best jump through the hoops. They will not inform you of all the details regarding notifications. Their job is to see that all basic needs are being met and that there is no risk to child or primary carers that would impede the welfare of child/children. I know first hand how the corruption - but also the negatives in be reactive Vs proactive.

Keep writing ... I know that also helps.

In my case, I used to like support workers and I felt I could open up to them. Sadly, I opened my mouth just a bit too much and a service user ended up telling my female key worker things about me, so she turned against me. Most of the charges I got on my record ended up there because I kept contacting her, a former co-worker of hers and her ex at various times, usually to offer an apology, but all they did was act venomous and get me arrested again and again. Due to that, I was remanded in prison 4 times.

The guy who blabbed to my former key worker was seen in the supported accommodation at night. It was only supposed to be staff members and residents of the accommodation who were allowed in there from 8 to 11 PM. After that, the staff member doing the sleepover duty was meant to lock up and go to bed. Of course, I don't have any proof that he instigated all of this, but he did message my sister on Facebook about it once. I'm not sure if she still has that conversation saved. It was years ago.

Since 2016, what little support I got elsewhere was very brief and crappy. My social worker did not want to provide support for me to go be an extra in films and stuff like that, but I really struggle to go by myself and obviously, I don't have anyone else to go with me to watch over me. My sister did it a few times over the past few years, but I missed out on so much. People in Facebook groups were also spreading rumors about me, but like that first guy, it is speculative and I have only minor confirmations of this.

Srry ... that really all sucks. It's a hard reality my friend. I know it well. Yet everyone's version is different to be sure.

Try to focus on what works and work towards. Not easy with so many resentments this I struggled with as a result of similar betrayals and distrust. Negative feelings take time to heal. Don't be hard on yourself when looking back. Is why I gell so well with working towards in a way that makes living easier in the now. None the less ... letting it out like you are can be a part of that process. Little by little.

Keep sharing as you will.

I can relate as I also have to rely on community services because I don't have funds to pay otherwise. It can be draining and wearing.

I hope you can find a way to make it work for you.

Good luck.