Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

My way of stopping an anxiety attack.

Hi all,

I just want to share what has helped me be able to better deal with my panic attacks. It works most of the time but, unfortunately not all of the time yet...I'm very confident I will get there though.

..guys, and girls, it's all about how to stop resisting. It would take me so long to explain it in text so I made a video about it on my channel, where I talk about exactly how I do it.

If interested here is the link How to stop an anxiety attack

I really hope you can find it helpful guys!!

Stay strong, warriors

I really found this helpful!!

3:25 into it, it talks about keeping open posture. This is where I fail, I do slouch and walk with my head down during times of anxiety and I want to change this.

Thanks!

Yea. When you fight somthing ... it's hard to keep an open posture and hold your head up. However, if you make friends with it ... much easier to do.

Quote Originally Posted by salvator here View Post
    I really found this helpful!!

3:25 into it, it talks about keeping open posture. This is where I fail, I do slouch and walk with my head down during times of anxiety and I want to change this.

Thanks!

It is hard to do when having anxiety but it is what really changed it for me. To open up! And then it is really necessary to start with the posture. Keep working on it as it might help you, it sure did for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect View Post
    Yea. When you fight somthing ... it's hard to keep an open posture and hold your head up. However, if you make friends with it ... much easier to do.
    Not easy but the resisting is what feeds the anxiety. I like the wording you use "make friends with it"....this is what we must do no matter how weird is sounds.

Here are some strategies you can use to try to stop a panic attack when you're having one or when you feel one coming on:
    Use deep breathing.
    Recognize that you're having a panic attack.
    Close your eyes.
    Practice mindfulness.
    Find a focus object.
    Use muscle relaxation techniques.
    Picture your happy place.
    Take benzodiazepines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    https://www.refluxmd.com/adenocarcinoma-avoid/