Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Hi, I'm New

Hi, I'm New

Hi there, I'm not officially diagnosed yet (next week), because my therapist believes most people don't like labels (I like labels, they make things more real for me). But I do have some form of an anxiety disorder, that much she's told me. And I'll know for sure what it is the middle of next week. Either way, here's hoping you all can help me, and I can help you.

Welcome :-)

Knowing whats wrong helps with treatment, you can only push aside unknown symptoms for so long. Took a while and patience for me, helpful to better understand what you're dealing with.

Take care!!

Welcome LL&F.

Labels can be a double edge sword. They can help to give direction but should never define who we are.

Sometimes it's a good practice to accept that we can't control everything, however I have found much wisdom, confidence and healing in learning to take my own steps when and where I can. Otherwise it's easy to get swept up in a system that loves to put people in boxes.

Take one step at a time and be fully involved with your diagnosis. Despite my acknowledgements with above, I do believe given we live in a world of labels, not having any makes it hard to conform. I have many certified labels and currently having them reassessed. It's important to understand that we be the one's to define our labels, ensure thier definitions are not rigid and that we don't confine ourselves in that process. In that way we can afford ourselves the space we need to heal.

All the best with the direction your looking for and hope you enjoy your time here.

Disable the Label? Or can a Label be a Badge you wear with Pride?

Good to have you here, LLandF.

Quote Originally Posted by rosspark View Post
    Disable the Label? Or can a Label be a Badge you wear with Pride?
    Interesting. In my experience pride never ends well. It's a tricky thing. For me it usually leads to confinement. But then becoming overly attached is a trait to one of many labels.

Perhaps ware the label whilst disabling it at the same time ... it then becoms a mere hoop in a world of boxes. Let others read it as they will while one jumps through the hoops for peace of mind.

Like you once said to me, a stage where acting is required. But then comes the double blind of living a lie? Yet maybe it not need be a bind? Just play your part as an observer? Hmmm ... mabey? Go with the flow but live your own life.
    Last edited by Imperfect; 08-05-2018 at 01:30 PM.

interesting topic.

Labels...not really something i've ever given much thought to but sometimes i think we can react to labels good and bad. I have recently been labelled by my wife's Councillor as having "attachment issues" which irritated me, however
    when i took this to my own Councillor she said "yes you do have attachment issues, you know you do and your doing something about it"...i never really thought about it that way...a way of turning a negative into a positive and i like it...

people can label you however they like...but isnt that their issue? what right do they have to label you? do you have to accept people's labels?