Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Yep Sal I hear you, I do not even voice my opinions to docs or nurses, "write the damn script and let me go. They are not there to cure people, I push mine psychiatrist to talk about politics and history we both like it, So the hour flies, she gives me prescription, I am happy cause next visit will be in 3 months time.
    what steroid are you Sal, you know that is difficult to lose weight when you on one. I am constantly on Symbicort for my lungs, like all the time, I just cut the does in halp. Another one is for my sinuses. It is for years now. You do what you have to do. We all know that we will go, but no one wants to go suffering.
    Beside Minds (you can have your blog there and write, like here) I joined MeWe and trying to get feel of that
    D with new computer is completely different story . I have separate SSD for windows and unfortunately few others that will not give you option to instal on different drive like Microsoft office, and few others. It is not easy to change Programdiir eh
    The most important the windows belong to me and I can do fresh install any time. So if I screw something I will format and istall
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Microsoft Office is best left on your primary drive. Most programs do allow a custom option to manually type in your secondary drives letter without actually specifying it. For example, you can mouse over/highlight the 'C:' and replace it with the letter of your secondary drive. 'D:' It's easy not to see this as many programs will not specify the option to do so. We tend to look for instructions and when seeing none, typically click next. It took me quite some time to develop the habit to always check to see if I could highlight manually.
    Adding to this ability to manually highlight 'c:' and change to the letter of your secondary drive, you will usually have to manually ensure that you have designated folders (D:\Program Files\Software Name)

Again ... whilst a lot of installations will not specify via text or tabs ... Alway check to see if you can left click in the text box where you see the directory. If you can ... ensure manually by opening your windows explorer that you have the same folders if you only change the drive letter.

Sometimes you can change the drive letter but NOT the folders. In that case YOU HAVE manually create the folders and then you can highlight over the top of C: during the install procedure.

Once you discover and understand this method you will find that most program can in fact be installed onto the secondary.

Yes ... the latest version of Microsoft Office will not install onto a secondary drive. Even if it could I would not do it. It's a Primary Program. I leave all Primary Programs on my Primary Drive. I have 256GB Primary which is (barely) enough. 128GB ssd drives are a joke. My SSD is my Primary.

A word of warning. Whilst most programs can be manually installed onto secondary using above method, some may not work correctly due to updates not finding the custom made directory.

In general though ... once you understand how to manually create your own folders jumping between explorer and the install screen, and then just changing the drive letter, you too like I did, will come to see that most programs can in fact be manually installed onto the secandary. Just keep in mind that 'some' may not work correctly ... just 'some.'

Just because there is no Option Tab, don't settle for clicking Next ... always check to see if you can highlight :c

If you can ... be sure to manually create the folders if you don't already have them in ... if your not used to doing this every time, it will only appear that most programs will not install to D: ... and you then fall into the trap of always installing onto c:. Trust me ... get into the habit of always highlighting c: regardless of no Option Tabs and you will be pleasantly surprised like I used to be.

Hope that helps?

Edit - The only thing I can add to the above is that sometimes you may have to click a CUSTOM TAB in order to highlight C: Typically this will be the case when the Install Directory is Grayed Out.

Thinking that most programs do not allow us to install onto the secondary comes from our impatient way of being. We generally rush and when it comes to installing we tend not to take the time to read everything that is presented before us. It is so much this way with us, that programs now require us to UN-tick boxes in order not to install 3rd party apps. They know we 'rush.' Just start practicing by always manually moving your mouse cursor over the C: and if it's grayed out ... look for a little inconspicuous TAB called Custom or even Manual ... Don't settle for hitting next at lighting speed. Take your time building up a habit of manually changing that C: to a D: (or whatever your secondary Drive Letter is) I used to complain to my son all the time about not being able to install Games onto my Secondary and he would always tell me "You just manually change it!" Whilst this is not always correct ... once I learned the habit of moving my cursor over the C: ... and then not settling for it being grayed out by further searching for the custom tab ... eventually I too found that 'most'programs do in fact allow to install onto your secondary ... it just not that all programs specify this fact or present it differently ... usually indirectly ... see text below to install You may have to dial down your screen brightness and contrast to see. Especially if you have a TN Monitor (IPS monitor shows up better)

CUSTOM INSTALL ← Now you can highlight C: and manually change your install directory.

Did you see the txt in between this line and the above? Software companies prefer to lock in C: because it makes it 'easier' for malware and the like. ← all that invasive BS that slows your computer and takes up space. That's my take on the deceptive ways in which a users preconditioned compulsion is often exploited. ... but like I said ... be careful as some programs may conflict when manually changing due to updates... not all ... just some.
    Last edited by Imperfect; 08-17-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Hey Sal ... for a really easy blog set up you could check out using WordPress. There are plenty of YouTube videos on using it. I have a free account which pretty much does everything you need.

I just threw this one together to mark my first day back into giving up addictions. My first goal is to simply get through the first couple of hours.

I've fallen over so many times ... but I keep trying.

If you do start up a little blog ... PM me a link or publicly post it ... either way be sure to share it and I will 100% read and feedback if you enable it. Take care:

https://hardcoreliving172171436.wordpress.com/

Thanks D..........................whatever i could changed I had
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Your welcome Dahila. That latest versions of Microsoft Office cannot by custom/manually installed. I Googled it. Is a Primary Drive Program Only. (Older versions you could manually install to another drive although I would not recommend it for that program. My above spiel is an explanation as to why it seems that most programs will not install onto a secondary drive when in most cases they can be. Generally speaking of course ... as there are expectations like Microsoft office and or generally Microsoft applications.

Thank you both for your suggestions, I will give it more thought when things level out a bit here and I can better focus on it properly, got a lot on my plate coming up and don't want to 1/2 ass something

For now, I'm going to say here with you and help others when possible. I also don't mind it being slow, less pressure, I guess.

I hope you both have a nice weekend

You too Sal. I'm feeling the same way. Here is really ... who give's a %$#@ kind of thing, where when I approach a blog post it's more focused which can be draining for me. The irony is that once I get going, my spiels seemingly become more than good enough to blog if I so wish. I guess it depends on what one wants to achieve with their writings to begin with. I don't come here based on whether I am feeling healthy or sick. That seems to be the gauge for many in here. "I have not been here for a while because I have been well." If we all thought like that this place would be pretty toxic to say the least. The other side of the coin is low traffic due to reality being ever present in the writing of others who just won't shut the *&^% up. LOL Hell ... people don't even say hollow to me anymore when I welcome them back. You know who you are. Kiss Kiss.

Like I said ... is good to have a space in which you can feel truly free. Or at least in my deluded self created white walled space where I just let all this text slide of my keyboard onto this now not so empty canvas. Bla bla and more blaaasssss.

Oh Studies indicate that I am so full of absolutes and correctness. A recent poll showed that everything I am saying is absolutely correct! So it is that I am right and your all wrong. Whether you take the Red or Blue Pill ... it matters little until you discover that there is NO pill that is going to save you. Only you can save you. mmmmmwwwwahahahahahahaarrrr!!!

I'm a couple of days into giving up the sugar, salt, flour, wheat, grains and coffee. Not sure if I will pick up the grain when I come out the other side ... I'll decide that for myself if and when the time comes. FUCKING MAJOR HEADACHES are proving to me I need to detox badly. I'm at least 10kg overweight and miss my GAUNT LOOKING SELF that most people mistakenly see of unhealthy. I should never of listening to them!!! It was the healthiest I had even been. Nevertheless people will always always see others overweight as healthy because it's just like taking the red pill without anyone guiding you to truth.

I CAN DO THIS ... the pain I am going through I now is working towards a more deeper and peaceful experience. All I got to do is focus on that nectar that others could not feel or see. I smile to think of all the names I was called by some of my kids and even my wife when I got to that stage of being exceptionally healthy. "ANOREXIA!" "Haggard Harry!" ... & "You Got Cancer?" being the most ironic of all.

Man ... I can't wait till I get back to that stage.

Here's to a good day with NO POISONS or Drugs to fuck me up.

Adios until the next red pill.

Have a wonderful day. mmmmmwwwwahahahahahahaarrrr!!!

Whatever works right? ... mmmm is it working ... only "I" can know that.

Yea ... there's no way I can write my blog like that ... good call Sal ... is best left in here.

You have a good weekend as well.

Few more sleepless nights for me yet. Massive withdrawals. I had no idea how sick I am. Is like when I was 36kg overwweight yet this time I am only 10. At least this time it won't take as long to heal.

Nailed another day of eating clean ... Good Job Davy Boy! Headaches still present and won't even think on how I will sleep tonight. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Here's hoping.

Thumbs up The Pleasure Trap

Just out and about, at the library in fact. Thought I would quickly link this one for later. Looks like an excellent motivation discussion on keep healthy. One of those the exposes 'The Pleasure Trap'

For all those that love statistics ... it's got plenty of those. I'm more interested in the exposure of ' the system's' that keep us sick. Each to their own. This one I log in for me to watch later.

Went to the Gym ... Caught the Sunrise before that. Will link some of those photos later. The 18 hour fasting window is gong really easy. So much so that I feel confident with my latest decision to go back to clean eating. As in like one of those decisions that's feels easy to keep.

I've also left the car at home and walking more often.

Adios ... Until next post.

I thought that above presentation on 'The Pleasure Trap' was very insightful. One of best breakdowns on the topic of caloric and nutrient destiny. Among other things. Loved the detail on addiction and how we come up with so many myths to make excuse to keep feeding our habits. Well worth listening to again.

YAAAAWWWWWNNNNSSSSSSSSS ... what a day. I spent most of it walking from my house to the gym, shops, library, opp shop and then home. I ate at the mall, but only after I bought a super green salad and banana from the grocery store. I then went and took up my place among others in the food court, unfolded my tea towel and home cutlery. (LOL) From that point I chopped up banana up and threw it into the mix with the crushed up home activated nuts and raisins. CHOP CHOP and more chopping ... I chowed down into my super salad like it was bliss.

OH YEA - The APS-C Sensor Cleaning Kit arrived from overseas and I cleaned my cameras delicate light sensor. It was a great excuse to drag my but out of bed to once again start up my practice of greeting the sun:

It was under that sun I walked from place to place throughout different times of day. After gym I went to the library where I posted the video in the previous post, then went to the opp shop to purchase another book. By the time I got home I was wiped out, yet after I ate some steamed veggies I was off to catch the last rays of the sun ... hoping it will help work like a sleeping pill to ease me with the detox still taking place. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz I think it's working ... ZZZZzzzzzz

Just got a call from Sydney Police (whilst making this post) as still heard nothing back from the local mob. I've been asked to go down to the station again and ask what's going on. Not sure I am liking how I am being used like so ... but ... I guess I will just print out a short note sharing concerns from down south and just move on. Sigh ... I'm sure they have there reasons for being slow.

Where was I ... Yea ... I am wiped. Here is the same sunshine as above ... at the intensity I was basking in early this morning:

Think I will go down with a little meditation before bed via Youtube ... too tired to concentrate. Will have to do out here and not in my room as I have also stopped taking the phone in the room. Much better that way with regards to sleep.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz