Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Will therapy help a friend?

we feel anxious when we worry and if I'm not mistaken, this is a part of a person's life. We worry about things. But how do we know when its only an occasional anxiety or something that needs a serious attention, medication and treatment? Actually, I was able to witnessed how a friend shakes because of too much worrying over a problem. In such case, will therapy help her?

Quote Originally Posted by Pollyfama View Post
    It may well do, yes. As humans, we overlay an awful lot of crap onto reality. For example, we judge, project, catastrophize, etc. A little of this is normal. Too much and life becomes miserable.

Learning to adjust the way one conceptualizes life is often very beneficial. Therapy is a discipline that can help people realize and adjust their inner story-telling and habitual behaviors.
    Thank you! You have a point about a therapy. But, what type of therapy will be best for my friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Pollyfama View Post
    It may well do, yes. As humans, we overlay an awful lot of crap onto reality. For example, we judge, project, catastrophize, etc. A little of this is normal. Too much and life becomes miserable.

Learning to adjust the way one conceptualizes life is often very beneficial. Therapy is a discipline that can help people realize and adjust their inner story-telling and habitual behaviors.
    Thank you! You have a point about a therapy. But, what type of therapy will be best for my friend?

Absolutely!

I would say the same. Your friend needs support from a therapist.

Perhaps to have a better understanding I need to read and see some reviews about the treatment and therapy before helping a friend. Actually, I browse around this website (https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/depression ). I just hope this is the support and answer we need for a friend's current behavioral problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicBulletin View Post
    I would say the same. Your friend needs support from a therapist.
    After giving it some thought, she's considering. Hope it helps her.