Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Short introduction

Hello. I'm J. I have had issues with anxiety for a couple of years, but they were mostly short and not that frequent. After a serious episode in May/June I took the time to figure out what was going on and I had to admit that it was more than just a bit of stress. I think my perfectionist nature and the fact that I have a job where I have a lot of stress and responsibility, means that I'm more vulnerable to anxiety and worst case scenario thinking. Especially since it's hard for me to find a positive way to deal with it (not just ignore it or delve into escapism)

I did visit the doctor, but she immediately prescribed antidepressants and I want to battle this thing on my own and accept it's a part of me. I also had two sessions with a psychologist. I don't know how active this forum is, but I hope to be able to chat or share experience with other people with anxiety.

Hello and welcome.

You could explain this to your psychologist that you're hesitant about meds.

This forum isn't very active anymore so may have to be patient.

Take good care

Quote Originally Posted by salvator here View Post
    Hello and welcome.

You could explain this to your psychologist that you're hesitant about meds.

This forum isn't very active anymore so may have to be patient.

Take good care
    Thank you for your answer. I did tell her and she supported me. It was the doctor who prescribed the meds. I'm still happy I did, though the catastrophising does appear and makes the anxiety come back quite a lot. I'm telling myself to take things step by step and be patient. It's the only thing I can do.