Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Panic 468x60

Alcohol and Anxiety

I got the question from one of my youtube subscribers how bad alcohol is for anxiety....if it's ok to use or if it's making anxiety much worse. So, I made a
    blog post about alcohol and anxiety here if anyone is interested in reading a bit about how it works.

Much Love!

-Bob-

With what I know, alcohol can trigger a panic attack of anxiety.

Its the hangover that makes it not worth it. Makes anxiety worse for me in the long run.

Thanks for the article.

Take care.

Alcohol is a depressant. And depression can make your anxieties worse.

One of the biggest problems with being social and going out with friends in that past involved alcohol, oddly enough some people that I knew always remained half in the bag to remain social. I had to let go of those friendships to survive.

so this is an interesting and controversial post because a lot of people will have mixed feelings on this topic. I think its a case of each to their own and different people cope really differently with alcohol but
    i can only comment from the recent experiences i know of.

So a member of my wife's family currently has a drinking problem because he came back from a holiday at some point where i am guessing there was a lot of alcohol (not far off my recent holiday in spain) but then when he got back to real life and home,
    he hit the bottle probably trying to act as though he's still on holiday because actually being on holiday and then having to come home to normal life can be a shock and slightly depressing but i can say from this experience where this guy is drunk more than he should be
    and drunk in front of his kid and trying to hide his "stash" from his wife it starts being a problem...

in some ways i can sympathize with him, its not easy coming back from long holidays in nice countries to hard work, long days and being back in routine...however i guess you have to try and make your days at home more enjoyable

so example: every other week i am lucky enough to have a slap up dinner with my inlaws inc. good movies, large steaks (rib-eye) white bread (tiger bread) and copious amounts of whisky...im not dependent on it and dont drink during the week so its a nice to have as a treat.

Your article is very good and informative too..