Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Happy to be here

Hello everyone, nice to be here! I used to suffer from anxiety myself. I've done some deep diving into the causes of my personal anxieties and found solutions to them. Once I understood where they were coming from, I then understood how to eradicate them, this caused more anxiety by the way because I had so much to repair! But once I tackled on the confrontation from the sources of my anxiety I regained control. I joined this forum to share my personal experiences in overcoming my anxieties and to potentially help others through my experience.

It's not the most active forum, but I am sure if your willing, that you will find plenty of space in which to reach out as you wish. We get a lot of people that come and go claim all kinds things. In general many don't stay too long and we have a lot of people passing through that mostly read. Then of course we have long termers that hang on the side content to come and go. I've been here a while now. My observation and experience have lead me to beleive that the impact of today's over complicated and competitive society has left many with long lasting impairments not so easily addressed with mainstream treatments. The permanency of one's condition can be more or less than another's - depending on both historical and environmental conditions; among other things. Basically what works for one may not work for another, as too the time to heal & adjust.

We could do with more focus on healing in here - that's for sure. I don't think it's healthy to only see this as a place to come when ill. It's also a good place to use in order to say well. I am only talking like so in attempt to help keep things real. It's easy when we're doing well to forget that effort in which we struggle/ed. It bodes better to write from a perspective that pays respect to one and other's struggles. I often get carried away myself in both the overcoming and or sinking . Commiseration whilst it feel good comes with all kinds of traps. The latter most people seem addicted to ... far easier to well in sorrow than it is to work on solutions.

Lastly I would say ... those struggling with life long challenges seem to endure in cycles. I feel it helps to helps to see anxiety as more a natural part of life; not something to be conquered or cured. For those of us that fit into the complex case scenario/boat; we have a tendency to get more depressed when hearing the stories of others that claim all wondrous ways of how we should feel and or act. More over the whole matter of fact way in which one's well meaning story 'of overcoming' starts to sound more like a speech or sermon. An atypical guide on what we are doing wrong and how we should start living.

I guess I am writing this in an attempt to help you and others gauge the audience to which you will find in here ... or as I have come to know them/us 'the pool' - through my years spent in this space. We do get you main stream sheep in here, but it would seem the more long term active users (+ returning users) do a good job at keeping BS to a minimum - which makes for a more 'real' experience in which people can help each other face and accept what ever is. Long story short ... Less bubble of froth. In this respect I have come to see this forum as a unique place. Peer run - for now. I hope it stays that way for years to come. Some share simply by reading ... their presence is enough. We don't require many numbers.

Reach out as you will. Just my opinion in which I struggle myself. I mean not to add to the problem proposing my own words are just. Perhaps whilst your here to help others, you might still find some for yourself.

All my reservations aside. ... I too am genuinely happy you are here.

Welcome to the forum.

~ Dave.
    Last edited by Ponder; 06-24-2018 at 06:27 PM.

Thank you for the reply! I'm here to share my personal perspective only. My challenges and how I face them most days. How I've developed, over time, the will power to transform my fears into a perspective that is more confortable for me. It doesn't always work and as you've expressed above the modern conditions in which we all must live create an environment that constrains our ability to try. I appreciate you informing me of the nature of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by InvestigatingPerceptions View Post
    Hello everyone, nice to be here! I used to suffer from anxiety myself. I've done some deep diving into the causes of my personal anxieties and found solutions to them. Once I understood where they were coming from, I then understood how to eradicate them, this caused more anxiety by the way because I had so much to repair! But once I tackled on the confrontation from the sources of my anxiety I regained control. I joined this forum to share my personal experiences in overcoming my anxieties and to potentially help others through my experience.
    Thats very good to hear from you. Joining activities and indulging on things you are interested make us active can relieve anxiety in some ways.