Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Not sure if I have anxiety, symptoms are mostly physical?

Hi,
    I'm totally new to anxiety, I had no idea that there were physical symptoms - I thought anxiety meant worrying about things, feeling afraid, having intrusive thoughts, etc. But for days, I've been feeling really strange, physically - my skin tingles all over, especially my arms; my heart *feels* as if it's beating fast, although if I measure my heart rate, it's normal; and I can't concentrate at all.
    I've had chronic insomnia for nearly a year (I get 3-5 hours' sleep a night), but I'm doing behavioral therapy for it, and feel like I'm dealing with it (slowly). I'm very busy at work, but again, I feel like I'm dealing with it; I don't consciously worry about it.
    I guess my question is, how do you know what's making you anxious, if it's not a conscious thought or problem in your life? Or do you just treat the symptoms, and don't necessarily need to make the cause go away?
    Thank you!

Welcome

Understand the intrusive thoughts well, and also bad insomnia. I don't get more than about 4 hours myself.

Better to understand anything (possibly) causing these symptoms hopefully with therapy. Takes time I know. Regrettably they usually treat the symptoms, In my case, I still stuck in my current situation, and until I can change that, I'll just have to treat (manage) the symptoms.

Hope that helped a bit.

Best wishes.
    Last edited by salvator here; 06-14-2018 at 03:18 PM.